LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

What did you do to your LS today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-18, 07:43 PM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by dfkd
Crawled under this week to take a preliminary look at control arm bushings up front. Replaced all 4 uppers myself last year. Lowers need some love now too...
I'm also considering doing the lower ball joint using the C-Clamp method but not sure I'm mentally prepared for that gig. May just pay someone.
Then if I'm C-clamping the ball joint tho, I may as well just do the bushing replacements on the lower that way as well rather than buying the whole arm...
Decisions decisions...

I also have a tiny squeak when going over bumps. Greasing the sway bar bushings up front didn't help at all. Back ones next.
If that doesn't do it, I may have to admit that shocks may need replacing, but before that I need to test it wet to see if moisture stops the squeak (indicating bushings).

I may be losing the adventurous drive for doing such physical labour.
Or I should buy more power tools...?
i noticed figs makes aftermarket bushings
The following 2 users liked this post by Caflashbob:
dfkd (08-23-18), silverbck (09-14-18)
Old 08-23-18, 08:35 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I traded it in.
Old 08-24-18, 08:59 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Oooo, what did you get?

Paid mine off yesterday, window shopping for a 10-12 LWB w/ RWD and coil suspension. Will trade mine if I can find the right one.
Old 08-24-18, 06:11 PM
DanIrl
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i went for a spirited drive on some non LS friendly roads with some friends, safe to say i could not keep up

Old 08-25-18, 07:12 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I installed LED rear turn signal bulbs. They were $40 for the pair and wow, what a difference.
Old 08-26-18, 08:11 AM
StClair
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Just a few things ☺️

2016 Lady Sliver

Lady Sliver

European fantasy plate

Installed rugs

Rugs

Rugs

Trunk LEDs

“Lexus” LED guidance lamps

Last edited by StClair; 08-26-18 at 08:17 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by StClair:
artesuave (10-13-18), dlbuckls10 (08-26-18), Soldier76 (09-28-18)
Old 08-26-18, 03:40 PM
propcop
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No More Dealer Advertising

Took a hair drier and removed the dealer logo they stuck on the back of my LS, if they offered free oil changes to keep it on I may have left it on.
No free advertising on my car!
Old 08-26-18, 04:11 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by propcop
Took a hair drier and removed the dealer logo they stuck on the back of my LS, if they offered free oil changes to keep it on I may have left it on.
Haha - I am the same way. I never leave plate frames, stickers or any form of advertisement on my car.

Today I drove my car to get some gas at Costco, I debated heavily on washing it as I wash it by hand every week, however my body was far too sore from the gym the past few days, so I opted out.

I'm about to take it out in a few minutes to go get dinner, but that's about it. Work tomorrow so I never venture out much past 8PM
Old 08-26-18, 04:17 PM
StClair
Driver School Candidate

Agreed!!!!!

Originally Posted by propcop
Old 08-26-18, 08:06 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

My LS got a well deserved day off. Had my brother and sister in law in town and we all went over to our club to enjoy the pool in the van.

Originally Posted by StClair
Love the atomic silver! Very rare on the LS. I almost bought a 2017 LS460L in that color, but chose mine because it was higher optioned despite being RWD.

Also, your pictures are the first time I've seen those leather like mats and liked them! The color contrast looks great!
Old 08-26-18, 08:41 PM
StClair
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks!

Thanks man! I figured I’d spruce her up a little, add some tasteful improvements. The leather-like floor mats were surpringly a nice addition to the saddle-brown interior...beautiful. Very pleased with the LS460 experience thus far. Plan on having her around for a long time!

Originally Posted by SW17LS
My LS got a well
deserved day off. Had my brother and sister in law in town and we all went over to our club to enjoy the pool in the van.
Love the atomic silver! Very rare on the LS. I almost bought a 2017 LS460L in that color, but chose mine because it was higher optioned despite being RWD.

Also, your pictures are the first time I've seen those leather like mats and liked them! The color contrast looks great!
Old 08-27-18, 03:44 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by StClair

Thanks man! I figured I’d spruce her up a little, add some tasteful improvements. The leather-like floor mats were surpringly a nice addition to the saddle-brown interior...beautiful. Very pleased with the LS460 experience thus far. Plan on having her around for a long time!

I've been eyeing these types of mats for a while, but I have been undecided as to where to get them, could you tell me where EXACTLY you got them from? so many options.. there are 2 places here in Ukraine.. there are some on aliexpress so I am finding it difficult to decide... and how do they stay in place? how do they secure on the carpets and on the sides? THANKS !
Old 08-27-18, 03:47 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

And I assume the guidance lamps are not stock? details !!!! thanks looks great
Old 08-27-18, 04:40 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanielca
I've been eyeing these types of mats for a while, but I have been undecided as to where to get them, could you tell me where EXACTLY you got them from? so many options.. there are 2 places here in Ukraine.. there are some on aliexpress so I am finding it difficult to decide... and how do they stay in place? how do they secure on the carpets and on the sides? THANKS !
Amazon Amazon

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...tom+floor+mats
The following users liked this post:
jdanielca (08-27-18)
Old 08-27-18, 05:46 AM
propcop
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No More Dealer Advertising

Took a hair drier and remover the dealer logo they stuck on the back of my LS, if they offered free oil changes to keep it on I may have left it on.
No free advertising on my car

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LS today?