LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

What did you do to your LS today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-18, 07:40 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by garybg2
Replace the starter, don't know who idea that location was but I hope he is gone. dropped off to have the doors recovered in leather.

2008 LS 460
Unfortunately the starter has been in that location since the beginning lol
Old 09-15-18, 04:22 PM
StClair
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

She is a beauty!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-18, 04:27 PM
Beetr00t
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Today a buddy removed my stock axle back exhaust and replaced with some Thrush mufflers from Amazon. Not much louder than stock, but sounds good. Went this route since I couldn't find any reasonably priced aftermarket axle back setups.

Also got new tires, brake pads and rotors, and swapped the fog lights for LED.
Old 09-15-18, 08:16 PM
writes123
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Changed out the Supertech HM 0W-20 for Valvoline Full Syn HM 10W-30 after Lubegard Engine Flush (learned how to activate the AWD Inspection Mode) and Bosch filter. Installed Fumoto valve with Clip for faster future oil changes. Planning on running this oil for 4k miles.

Why 10W-30, well in Europe, they spec 5W-20 and offer alternate viscosity of 10W-30 and 15W-40 for this LS engine. I'm leaning towards CAFE standards dictating a preference for 20 weight oils and the weather year round over here doesn't dip below 50F and in the daytime is running upper 90's F. Also, Walmart is offering a deal for these 10W-30 Valvoline Full Syn HM oils, 4 pack of 5 quarts for 73 USD + tax.

Page 640 of the owner's manual:
"Oil viscosity ● The 0W portion of the oil viscosity rating indicates a characteristic of the oil which allows cold startability. Oils with a lower value before the W allow for easier starting of the engine in cold weather. ● The 20 in 0W-20 indicates the oil viscosity when the oil is at its operating temperature. An oil with a higher viscosity may be better suited if the vehicle is operated at high speeds, or under extreme load condition."

I'll just say my car is operated under high speeds....
Old 09-16-18, 08:20 PM
Benjam1n
Pole Position

Received 95 Likes on 74 Posts

Swapped out front brake pads. Advance Auto Platinum. Braking is smooth as butter now. Was getting some brake fade after getting them hot before. Pads still had 7mm on them but this girl needs more. Have about 40k and 15 months on the Centric premium rotors and they are at 31mm and seem great with the new pads.

Last edited by Benjam1n; 09-16-18 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-17-18, 08:14 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Beetr00t
Today a buddy removed my stock axle back exhaust and replaced with some Thrush mufflers from Amazon. Not much louder than stock, but sounds good. Went this route since I couldn't find any reasonably priced aftermarket axle back setups.
Evidently, you have not heard of Oliver Enterprises Exhaust Vents.

Old 09-19-18, 10:55 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Dropped her off at the body shop today to get a parking garage dent in the FL fender fixed. Was hoping for just PDR but the guy looking at it said it's likely going to need body work and some blending. The blending is what has me most worried

Walked over to Enterprise to get my rental and they give me the option between a Corolla and a Camaro. I figured it would be the V6 base version but picked the Camaro anyway to see just how bad fit and finish is on modern American cars. Walk out and he takes me to an obnoxious yellow SS :notbadobama: He ran through the features of the car but I'm pretty sure he intentionally left out the "Mode" button near the shift lever, though I knew what it was before I ever sat down in it

Initial impressions are that it's a pig, hard plastic interior feels cheap, visibility is horrible, the dash gives me anxiety, and no way could it be justified as anything but a 3rd/fun car in my house, but at that point I'm not buying a Camaro SS. Plan is to hoon it up a bit before I take it back.
Old 09-19-18, 11:16 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

You lost out big choosing the Camaro over the Corolla mate. The Corolla is PURE PERFORMANCE!
Old 09-19-18, 11:22 AM
Beetr00t
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Evidently, you have not heard of Oliver Enterprises Exhaust Vents.
I saw them. Maybe I should have bought some, maybe I still will. $160 for spacers just seems like a lot though, I achieved the same effect back in the day with 50c worth of flat washers.
Old 09-19-18, 11:29 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

OK. I can respect that line of thinking. Bear in mind though. These are not spacers per se. They direct flow down away from the vehicle. Bouncing the very nice sound waves off pavement. The kit comes with fresh new bolts, and instructions. The Exhaust Vents are stainless and will never have corrosion issues. The pipes will corrode away before the Exhaust Vents do. The kit turns the whole thing into a simple, effective and very nice sounding affair you can do by yourself. Commercial concluded (sorry). Now back to our regularly scheduled program!
Old 09-19-18, 11:41 AM
Beetr00t
Driver School Candidate

OK you make good points. I'll order some in the near future.
Old 09-19-18, 06:51 PM
Beetr00t
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 213374U
Initial impressions are that it's a pig, hard plastic interior feels cheap, visibility is horrible, the dash gives me anxiety, and no way could it be justified as anything but a 3rd/fun car in my house, but at that point I'm not buying a Camaro SS. Plan is to hoon it up a bit before I take it back.
I had a Camaro SS rental a couple weeks ago. I loved it. I really liked simplicity of the interior. The blind spots were pretty bad but, just an excuse to drive faster until you see the cars behind you.
Old 09-19-18, 09:37 PM
baller46
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the oil changed at the Lexus dealer and also had the air condition serviced. I had it checked for leaks, pressure tested and then an empty and fill of Freon. Also had it washed at the dealer and it is looking clean. Had my loose change removed from my ash tray and my console rummaged through at the dealer but appreciated the service.
Old 09-21-18, 02:45 AM
kingbabu
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

gave it a bath
Old 09-21-18, 11:04 AM
pturlis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the front axles replaced, to solve a vibration issue, covered by 30 day dealer warranty.
Replaced cracked drivers side "laminated" window , covered by insurance.

My luck continues to stay positive, covering these unforeseen issues that popped up with the recent purchase. knock-wood.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LS today?