LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

CNA Warranty GA GM Dealer Contact

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-18, 06:51 AM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default CNA Warranty GA GM Dealer Contact

I recall reading a thread here a few days or week ago that referred to the CNA warranty coverage purchased through a Georgia GM dealer. I am trying to find the contact info for that GM dealer. Can anyone help me?

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2011 460 Sport. I am considering a warranty, CNA, Endurance & Lexus. I know this warranty issue has been debated, I am on the bubble. I would like to get quotes for consideration.

Vehicle has air suspension and Brembo brakes but the rotors have been turned once already. I am trying to get the dealer to replace them because it is only a matter of time before they start pulsating me thinks. It is a long distance purchase. I am leaning towards Lemon Squad to inspect and test drive to determine if vibrations are present under braking conditions. Not sure I want to trust the dealer unless they will give me a specific warranty on the rotors at my hometown dealer. This vehicle checks all of my boxes and because of that I don't mind paying retail. I don't want to do a rotor/brake job first few months of ownership on my nickel.

Appreciate the input on best place to purchase the CNA warranty so I can get a quote from them.

Thanks guys.

Gary
Old 03-20-18, 06:57 AM
Shad034
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I might be reading this wrong, but warranty's do not usually cover wear parts. So the brakes wouldn't be covered regardless of the warranty.

With regard to warranty cost, I picked up Maxcare (Carmax) on my 2013 F-Sport. 5 year/100k miles with a $200 deductible cost me about $1500.
Old 03-20-18, 07:42 AM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Shad034
I might be reading this wrong, but warranty's do not usually cover wear parts. So the brakes wouldn't be covered regardless of the warranty.

With regard to warranty cost, I picked up Maxcare (Carmax) on my 2013 F-Sport. 5 year/100k miles with a $200 deductible cost me about $1500.
Thanks SHAD034

I kinda figured the wear parts not being covered.
Sorry for the confusion in my post. The warranty contact question is one. The negotiations on the rotors is the second but more of a discussion.
Old 03-20-18, 07:52 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I had asked the same question for best third party warranty info in my thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-warranty.html

I sent a PM to 462HO but he hasn't responded to me yet. I just sent him another PM in case he missed it.
Old 03-20-18, 08:00 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 229 Likes on 141 Posts

I also am in the market for a warranty on my recently acquired 2010 LS460L. I contacted 462HO via PM, and he sent me the name and email address of his contact for a CNA warranty. I sent an email to the person he recommended weeks ago, but unfortunately have received no response. I've reengaged with 462HO to see if he can provide a phone number for his contact.

If anyone else has had good luck with an aftermarket warranty for their LS (one that will cover the high-failure items like ML Amp, Air Ride Suspension, Control Arms, etc.), please let me know. Thanks!
Old 03-20-18, 08:00 AM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

That's the one I was looking for Mbbarron!
Thank you!
Let me know when he replys

riknchar,
I am looking for coverage on the same items. I have asked the dealer to give me a price on a Lexus extended warranty. He said he would but I have no info on which plan or how much yet.

Does one have to purchase these warranties at time of vehicle purchase? I presume they can be purchased at any time. I do not want to hold up taking possession of the vehicle over this.

Last edited by Luscombe8A; 03-20-18 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Added reply
Old 03-20-18, 08:01 AM
462HO
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's me. Sorry, I don't check my PM's often enough.
Jeff Traynham
912-490-1319
jtraynham@walkerjones.com
Old 03-20-18, 08:12 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Originally Posted by Luscombe8A
That's the one I was looking for Mbbarron!
Thank you!
Let me know when he replys

riknchar,
I am looking for coverage on the same items. I have asked the dealer to give me a price on a Lexus extended warranty. He said he would but I have no info on which plan or how much yet.

Does one have to purchase these warranties at time of vehicle purchase? I presume they can be purchased at any time. I do not want to hold up taking possession of the vehicle over this.
I don't think Lexus will be able to offer a warranty on a 2011 F Sport, but I could be mistaken. I think aftermarket will be the only avenue. My credit union offered me a pretty good deal on a Route 66 extended warranty ($1499 for a 3-year, 36k mile warranty), but I noted that it would not cover the air suspension parts of the car, which was mainly what I was concerned about. I've also heard mixed reviews on the Route 66 warranties. If any of our forum members have had good (or bad) experiences with Route 66, please chime in!

I've mostly concluded that I'll be better off simply assuming the risk of failure for my car, as many have recommended/done. But I'm still interested to see what CNA can offer, so I'll probably contact them for a bid.
Old 03-20-18, 08:45 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

The vehicle that I'm currently considering is still under powertrain warranty for another year and a half. Would control arms be covered under powertrain?

Can I add a Lexus Platinum warranty automatically or does it need to be directly coming off a Lexus factory warranty or L-certified warranty extension? Any input on Lexus warranty options vs. aftermarket is appreciated.
Old 03-20-18, 09:04 AM
462HO
Rookie

My local Lexus dealer (who I did not buy the car from), offered an aftermarket warranty (Fidelity, I think) that was very expensive ($4k+). I don't think they can offer a Lexus one if you are off of the full factory warranty, not the powertrain one.
I shopped and compared extensively US Warranty, Endurance, CUNA, Zurich. Route 66, Fidelity, Warranty Direct , Carchex and CNA.
CNA came out the best, and I have had direct positive experience using them on another vehicle. I then found dealers that offer CNA, shopped them off each other to arrive at the final dealer selection. There was significant difference in pricing among dealers.
On my 2012 LS460 with 54k miles, I ended up paying $2,500 all-in for 48,000 miles/ 5 1/2 years. This works well for me, as I don't put a lot of miles on the car quickly. The product is the Automotive Preferred Care + Plus and it is exclusionary, which is preferable.

Hopefully, this is helpful.
The following users liked this post:
Mbbarron (03-21-18)
Old 03-20-18, 09:05 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
The vehicle that I'm currently considering is still under powertrain warranty for another year and a half. Would control arms be covered under powertrain?

Can I add a Lexus Platinum warranty automatically or does it need to be directly coming off a Lexus factory warranty or L-certified warranty extension? Any input on Lexus warranty options vs. aftermarket is appreciated.
Control Arms would not be covered by the powertrain warranty, only by the bumper-to-bumper coverage.

I don't think you can add Platinum coverage to a Lexus once it has passed its bumper-to-bumper warranty. I know a Lexus dealer can L-Certify Lexus cars that are less than 8 model years old with less than 70K miles. Once a car is L-Certified, you can purchase aLexus extended CPO policy for a fairly reasonable price. You can obtain the name of a couple of dealers/salesmen (by searching this forum ) who can sell Lexus warranties at a good discount (Troy and Toby, one in Kansas and one in Mass). You could contact them directly to see if they have any options for you. Good luck!
Old 03-20-18, 10:15 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

If your car is out of original factory warranty then Troy Dietrich can’t sell you a platinum warranty. You probably have to go aftermarket for one of the ones mentioned above. Not sure which is better of if any cover air suspension. If you find one that covers air suspension then please post the vendor and amount the warranty will cost.

I am in same boat as you. I have a 2013 that is out of warranty, but am concerned with air suspension replacement. I will set aside some fu fa to replace some, but not all components. The entire air suspension would not fail at the same time, so costs would be staggered.
Old 03-20-18, 11:00 AM
462HO
Rookie

The CNA contract I referenced covers air suspension, although my car doesn't have air.
Old 03-20-18, 08:22 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 462HO
The CNA contract I referenced covers air suspension, although my car doesn't have air.
This is good news. I will call Jeff tomorrow to discuss the coverage and $. My CU also offers Route 66 but after reading the policy it pretty much just covers engine and suspension (Control arms) not air shocks.
I would just like to know what the premium is on CNA vs potential costs for air system before deciding either way.

Gary
Old 03-23-18, 08:36 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

462HO,
Thank you for the reference to Jeff.
I have left two voice mails and one email to Jeff and have not heard back.
So I'm now a little confused about where to acquire a CNA quote.

I have been to the CNA site and do not find it too helpful.

Could someone point me in the right direction?
It would be good to have an option that covers the air shocks.

Thanks,
Gary

Quick Reply: CNA Warranty GA GM Dealer Contact