LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

CNA Warranty GA GM Dealer Contact

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-18, 11:34 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Shad, I just purchased the car 2 months ago from Lexus of Omaha. I do have a loan for the car that I'll be paying on for a while. I have enough resources to repair anything that breaks, and the car is running perfectly right now. The car was owned previously by the used-car sales manager at Lexus of Omaha, and it has an impeccable Lexus service history since new. Both of the rear air ride shocks were replaced, one at 26K miles and the other at 37k miles, but the front air shocks have never been replaced and the control arms are all original (but seem to be fine right now).

Jeff came back with two more options:

48 months, 36K miles: $4111 (0 deductible), 3601 (100 ded), 3065 (200 ded)

66 months, 42k miles: $5030 (0 ded), 4347 (100 ded), 3628 (200 ded)

Of these options, I'd probably go for the 48 month/36k miles w/$200 deductible for $3065.

I do really baby my cars, and I don't put many miles on any one of my cars (I have an SC430 for summer fun and a Dodge Ram 1500 for when it snows, plus 2 nice motorcycles). Like I said, I'm somewhat torn on whether I'd get $3,000 out of a CNA warranty over the next 4 years or not... It's a bit of a gamble either way...
Old 04-19-18, 03:55 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Rick,
It looks like the mileage has a big impact on the CNA premium.
I went ahead and bought the $3,000 7yr/84k warranty for my 2011. It was more for the piece of mind and knowing it ill only take one repair to pay for it.

In your situation, I would be on the bubble too. But, the $3,000 option for the CNA seems reasonable. On the other hand you won't be using it for a daily driver so it may be just for your piece of mind. Again, it would probably only take one repair to pay for it and the front shocks are OEM. Spread over a 4 year period, $750/yr is not too bad. I'd probably do it just for the piece of mind and high mileage you have. Easy for me to spend your money though.
Old 06-12-18, 10:57 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Thought I would update this thread for others considering a CNA warranty on their LS. I received a quite today from Jeff. My specifics are - 2013 LS 460L AWD with 24,400 miles. The quotes below are for CNA Preferred Care Plus:
  • 7 Year/ 78k miles
    • $3,345 ($0 ded), $2,980 ($100 ded), $2,596 ($200 ded), $2,306 ($500 ded)
  • 5 1/2 Year/ 72k miles
    • $3,253 ($0 ded), $2,906 ($100 ded), $2,539 ($200 ded), $2,263 ($500 ded)
  • 4 Year/ 48k miles
    • $2,652 ($0 ded), $2,418 ($100 ded), $2,171 ($200 ded), $1,985 ($500 ded)

I have not decided if I will do this. I am going to call my local Lexus dealer and see if they have had any issues processing CNA warranty claims. My concern with my vehicle are the air struts and electronics.
Old 06-12-18, 11:16 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Michele, Thanks for sharing your prices! I ended up buying a CNA warranty from Jeff after much thought. I got a 6 year, 48K mile warranty with a $200 deductible for $2800. I was on the fence about the warranty until I discovered that it would cover my hybrid batteries for the full 6 years (around $5-6k to replace). I don't know if I'll get my money's worth out of it, as I am very gentle with my cars and only drive around 8K miles per year, but I do like not having to worry about air shocks going bad, control arms failing, brake actuator, hybrid batteries, etc.

I haven't heard much from anyone on this forum who has actually had to make a claim against a CNA warranty. That would be interesting to hear about. They have a pretty good reputation, but I'm not sure how well they would work with my local Lexus dealer. We'll see...
Old 06-12-18, 06:11 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Before I purchased my VSC from CNA I confirmed with my local indy repair that they were willing & able to work with CNA. They said yes. I hav been using them since 1991, know the owners and trust them.

I also called my Lexus dealer and spoke with the Service Manager about CNA. He checked them out and got back tome and said they would be able to work with CNA.

I feel pretty good about that. I have only had the car for a couple months so no repairs required or performed yet. I will post up any experience I have with the CNA process.
Old 06-13-18, 06:31 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by riknchar
Michele, Thanks for sharing your prices! I ended up buying a CNA warranty from Jeff after much thought. I got a 6 year, 48K mile warranty with a $200 deductible for $2800. I was on the fence about the warranty until I discovered that it would cover my hybrid batteries for the full 6 years (around $5-6k to replace). I don't know if I'll get my money's worth out of it, as I am very gentle with my cars and only drive around 8K miles per year, but I do like not having to worry about air shocks going bad, control arms failing, brake actuator, hybrid batteries, etc.
Hi Rick, Wrong Mbarron. It's confusing, I know. The following are my price quotes from Jeff. Definitely higher prices with higher miles. I decided against this warranty and am trying to get a quote from the CU that I'm refinancing with.

Quote from Jeff on 2013 LS AWD with 87k miles:
7 yr / 48,000 miles…………………$ 0 deductible….$5125

100 deduct…….. 4424

200 deduct…….. 3686

500 deduct…….. 3129

4 yr / 48,000 miles………………..$ 0 deductible…..$4515

100 deduct……… 3929

200 deduct……… 3312

500 deduct……… 2847
Old 06-13-18, 07:56 AM
riknchar
Instructor

It is a bit confusing that we have two Mbarron's here that own 2013 LS 460s... I forgot that Michele (the other Mbarron) has the higher mileage LS... Oops...

The CNA prices seem to be mostly driven by mileage, not age of the car. I was quoted much higher prices for my previous car (2010 LS460L with 93k miles) than I received for my new car (2010 LS600hL with 66k miles). I think that's somewhat foolish of CNA, since my newer car has quite a few more things that can go wrong (back seat extra motors/goodies, hybrid batteries, etc.), but it made the extended warranty make quite a bit more sense for my LS600hL than it did for the LS460L.

I was offered a pretty good price on a Route 66 warranty through my credit union, but it didn't seem to cover some of the things that break (control arms, air suspension, hybrid batteries, etc.).

Good luck!
Old 06-13-18, 04:35 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

I got in touch with my local Lexus dealer and they said CNA is ok to deal with, but they may not cover the full cost charged by the dealer. He said they may not meet the price of the dealer whatever that means.

On a side note I called the finance department at this same dealership and asked what they could offer me on an extended warranty. My car is out of original warranty by about 8 months but only have 24k miles. He stated I could still get the Platinum VSA warranty through Lexus as an exception. The cost is a little staggering at $3,980 for an additional 75k miles or for another 3.5 years.

I am not sure I will get any extended warranty, but at least I have options.
Old 06-19-18, 05:50 AM
6806goats
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Decent info here, just not sure which way to go with this. I just purchased a 2014 L AWD and it went into service (sold) on 6/21/2014. It has right at 10,074 miles and if I act on this I might be able to get a good VSC. I see that a few have mentioned Jeff so I'll check with him and then look at the VSC offered by my credit union when I financed the car. I should call the dealership that will probably work on my car as well. Thanks and any info you can think of is appreciated.
I work overseas so my new ride won't get used much. Time over mileage as well.
Old 06-19-18, 05:53 AM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 6806goats
Decent info here, just not sure which way to go with this. I just purchased a 2014 L AWD and it went into service (sold) on 6/21/2014. It has right at 10,074 miles and if I act on this I might be able to get a good VSC. I see that a few have mentioned Jeff so I'll check with him and then look at the VSC offered by my credit union when I financed the car. I should call the dealership that will probably work on my car as well. Thanks and any info you can think of is appreciated.
I work overseas so my new ride won't get used much. Time over mileage as well.
Be sure to check what they cover. CNA is one of a select few that cover factory air suspension. With miles that low, you should be able to get a very fair price for 7 -8 years from Jeff. Guessing less than $2,800 for no deductible. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 06-19-18, 06:15 AM
6806goats
Driver School Candidate

I'll let you know for sure. found another dealership that does GMEPP in MT but I doubt he'll do anything for a Lexus but maybe he has CNA options as well. I'll see what they say. Thanks.
Old 06-19-18, 07:19 AM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Decent info here, just not sure which way to go with this. I just purchased a 2014 L AWD and it went into service (sold) on 6/21/2014. It has right at 10,074 miles and if I act on this I might be able to get a good VSC. I see that a few have mentioned Jeff so I'll check with him and then look at the VSC offered by my credit union when I financed the car. I should call the dealership that will probably work on my car as well. Thanks and any info you can think of is appreciated.<br />I work overseas so my new ride won't get used much. Time over mileage as well.
<br />Be sure to check what they cover. CNA is one of a select few that cover factory air suspension. With miles that low, you should be able to get a very fair price for 7 -8 years from Jeff. Guessing less than $2,800 for no deductible. Let us know how it turns out.<br />
Old 06-20-18, 05:52 AM
6806goats
Driver School Candidate

Luscombe8A, I'm not seeing anything in the exclusion list. I'm told that the GMEPP VSC will cover the Lexus. 84/100,000 $100 deductible with a June discount of $300 brings it in at $2315. Probably plus tax I guess. I sent Jeff my VIN but no reply back on the price. My credit union is a similar price but I'm not seeing anything positive for their providers. More scammer reports than I care to see. But then I guess no all people will be happy with lack of support. Good thing about the GMEPP Platinum is that it covers suspension and seems to be better than others from what I'm seeing. Probably can't add a file but a Chevy example can be found searching for "Chevy VSC Sample contract". http://www.gmeppdirectsmith.com/gm-p...plan-platinum/
Old 06-20-18, 06:38 AM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Luscombe8A, I'm not seeing anything in the exclusion list. I'm told that the GMEPP VSC will cover the Lexus. 84/100,000 $100 deductible with a June discount of $300 brings it in at $2315. Probably plus tax I guess. I sent Jeff my VIN but no reply back on the price. My credit union is a similar price but I'm not seeing anything positive for their providers. More scammer reports than I care to see. But then I guess no all people will be happy with lack of support. Good thing about the GMEPP Platinum is that it covers suspension and seems to be better than others from what I'm seeing. Probably can't add a file but a Chevy example can be found searching for "Chevy VSC Sample contract". http://www.gmeppdirectsmith.com/gm-p...plan-platinum/
Hey Goats!

$2,300 looks like a good price given your low mileage.

I decided to purchase a VSC to specifically cover my factory air suspension, control arms and ML audio and other electronics. The terms from Lexus were very expensive and had short duration's. I reviewed a number of different policies to make sure they did no exclude those items. At the time, CNA and Lexus were the only ones I found that covered the items I was interested in. Route 66 and others obliquely excluded them when you read the fine print.
The other factor was the reviews and reputations of the various companies. There are lots of stories about denied coverage, etc.. In the end you are rolling the dice on the firm and hopping you do not need the repairs.

CNA seemed to have a good following so I elected to go with them. I consider the cost to be price of ownership and worth the peace of mind. If I do end up with a claim, I will definitely fight tooth and nail to make sure it is covered per the policy.

Goats, read the fine print, check some actual references and talk to your dealer or indy to make sure they will work on your car with that warranty company. I think on this side of a claim, that is about all you can do.
Old 06-20-18, 07:19 AM
6806goats
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I kinda like the CNA idea better. Need to get on Skype and see what Jeff has to say for a quote. I called my local Toyota dealership and they said they accept many different VSC's. Also mentioned that they had a Lexus tech relocate from Salt Lake City to their dealership. I made up a list of specific items to ask the seller. He has a good standing with Corvette guys but I just need to make sure that this covered with all the things I need covered. Heck it's a Lexus, I'm really on the fence about getting it. But as an Ultra Lux car then all the stuff in the back increase problems potential. It'll be sitting more than I like but that's the way it goes I guess. I wanted the bamboo interior and 2014 was the last year it was offered in parchment. Then the load out and low miles kinda drew me in. Almost time to get off work and then I'll fire up Skype and the headset to make calls and get this going today.

Quick Reply: CNA Warranty GA GM Dealer Contact