LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

CNA Warranty GA GM Dealer Contact

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-18, 12:50 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts

Check with the finance manager at your local Lexus dealer. I got a 3 year Lexus Platinum warranty in 2014 on my '07 that I bought privately. Wasn't cheap ($2800) but it covered $1500 in repairs and $1300 in peace of mind....................

Old 03-24-18, 03:10 PM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Luscombe8A
462HO,
Thank you for the reference to Jeff.
I have left two voice mails and one email to Jeff and have not heard back.
So I'm now a little confused about where to acquire a CNA quote.

I have been to the CNA site and do not find it too helpful.

Could someone point me in the right direction?
It would be good to have an option that covers the air shocks.

Thanks,
Gary
I also left Jeff a message earlier this week and didn't hear back.
Old 03-24-18, 07:02 PM
462HO
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe I got lucky catching this guy. He was very straight forward and easy to deal with.

What I did was get in touch with CNA claims customer service, as part of my due diligence, asked them some pertinent questions, and then asked for some CNA dealers' contact info. I ended up calling a few and this one had the best price by a significant margin. I was able to talk them down some on it also.
Here is the dealership;
https://www.walkerjones.com/

Maybe call and ask to speak with someone about buying a CNA extended warranty.

I tried with the local Lexus finance manager and got a very high price ion an aftermarket warranty. I don't think they can offer a Lexus one. I tried at a few Lexus dealers. Problem is mine was off of the basic bumper to bumper warranty.
Old 03-24-18, 08:14 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 462HO
Maybe I got lucky catching this guy. He was very straight forward and easy to deal with.

What I did was get in touch with CNA claims customer service, as part of my due diligence, asked them some pertinent questions, and then asked for some CNA dealers' contact info. I ended up calling a few and this one had the best price by a significant margin. I was able to talk them down some on it also.
Here is the dealership;
https://www.walkerjones.com/

Maybe call and ask to speak with someone about buying a CNA extended warranty.

I tried with the local Lexus finance manager and got a very high price ion an aftermarket warranty. I don't think they can offer a Lexus one. I tried at a few Lexus dealers. Problem is mine was off of the basic bumper to bumper warranty.
Thanks 462HO.
Appreciate the insight and advice.

I sent an email to CNA yesterday and got an automated reply that they will respond on Monday.
I will also call the Walker Jones dealership and see if their service can help.
In addition, I will get with my local Lexus dealer and see if they can/will offer a warranty. The vehicle I am looking at is a 2011 but only has 16.6k miles on it. All service is up to date and was done every 5k miles, like three times LOL.
I don't think I will bother with Route 66 as they do not cover the air suspension and Endurance does not either.
Stay tuned.

Gary
Old 03-25-18, 07:23 AM
YOYO711
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also left Jeff an email earlier this week and didn't hear back. tho..........................
Old 03-25-18, 11:20 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

The vehicle I am looking at is a 2011 but only has 16.6k miles on it. All service is up to date and was done every 5k miles, like three times LOL.
Wow, a 2011 with only 16,600 miles?! That's quite a find.
Old 03-25-18, 11:42 AM
YOYO711
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
Wow, a 2011 with only 16,600 miles?! That's quite a find.

Nice find that is like New car
Old 03-26-18, 07:37 AM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

I called Jeff today and he picked up the phone.
Nice guy! He is going to work up a couple different options for me.
When I receive them, I will share.
Old 03-26-18, 03:48 PM
YOYO711
Driver School Candidate

Very Good Let us know

Thank you
Old 03-30-18, 12:14 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Ok, turns out Jeff was very busy but did get back to me with quotes for the 2011. Then I got real busy... I also received quotes from my Lexus dealer for their platinum coverage. For me the big three or four items I want to have covered with the VSC are, air suspension, electronics and audio, control arms and brake actuator if the warranty enhancement does not cover it. Control arms and air suspension I can do, would be a bit of a PITA but could do, the others not so much.

CNA 7yr/84k added miles 0$ deductible --$3,027
CNA 5-1/2 yr/ 66k miles 0$ deductible -- $2,926
Jeff provided other prices with deductibles too.

Lexus Platinum 5yr/60k miles (Most they would quote) --$4,270
4yr/50k miles ---$3,890

This is really a no brainer. The CNA will take the vehicle to 100k miles and 2025 and it covers all the big price items like Nav/ML Audio, Air Suspension, Control arms plus the normal engine and drive train, etc.. Wear items like brake rotors and pads are excluded.

I will be purchasing the CNA warranty from Jeff the day I pick up the vehicle. My Indy repair shop handles CNA VSC work.
When I get close to 100k on the clock, I will reassess how to cover future major repairs. Prolly start a small annuity now to provide for that need.

Working with the dealer now on vehicle service and inspections. Will report more when I get the vehicle.

I would like to thank the members of CL for their help and sharing of information. This forum has helped me decide and find a new to me 460.
Old 03-30-18, 07:42 PM
vmdw1980
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys,

so I called a local Mitsubishi dealer that offers CNA coverage, but what I was quoted was higher cost wise on top of miles/ term covered. In my case $3200 for 4 years 48k miles. And that's only if I take it to him for a multi-point inspection in order to even get approved for the CNA plan. Are you guys getting the same range and qualification requirements? For reference, I have a 2010 LS 460 AWD with 76k miles.
Old 03-31-18, 06:31 AM
462HO
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like I said, there is significant variance in prices quoted between CNA dealers. Then you may be able to talk them down another $100.
I would try to reach Jeff.
i think my Lexus dealer service writer just checked the boxes on a CNA checklist , signed off and that did the trick.
if you are getting any type of inspection, that should be acceptable.
Good luck.
Old 03-31-18, 07:42 AM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

It looks like different dealers have a bit more relaxed approach to issuing the VSC. Jeff told me they do need an inspection performed on the car before they can issue the policy. He also said that he would accept the Lexus dealer inspection report for my car as valid towards CNA. That's good as we are 5 or 6 states away.

Vmdw1980, I think the cost and terms for your vehicle are related to the mileage, options, etc.. The terms quoted take you to 12 years and 124k miles. Really not too shabby for $3,200. I know anecdotally, some have had issues with the transfer cases and vibrations with big repair bills on a few AWD models.

I would call/email Jeff. He was extremely helpful towards me and I will be purchasing through him.
We have many options these days. If you have an reputable INDY shop you use and trust, I would guess that Jeff would accept their inspection. All of the CNA warranty stuff is transacted over the phone and internet anyway.

Let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-19-18, 09:11 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 229 Likes on 141 Posts

I was able to contact Jeff to get a quote on a CNA warranty on my 2010 LS460L AWD (93K miles).

Here's what Jeff was able to offer initially:

6.5 years, 48k miles: $5566 (zero ded), 4782 (100 ded), 3956 (200 ded)

6 years, 36k miles: $4561 (zero ded), 3971 (100 ded), 3344 (200 ded)

4 years, 24k miles: $3405 (zero ded), 3029 (100 ded), 2633 (200 ded)

I only drive around 8k miles per year, and I had asked Jeff to target the longer-term, lower-mile options. I think ideally I'd go with a 60 month, 48K mile warranty with maybe a $200 deductible. I've asked Jeff for a couple more options with slightly more miles. These prices are quite a bit higher than what Luscombe8A reported on his 2011, but mine has quite a few more miles to start with...

To be honest, I'm not 100% certain it would be smart to buy a warranty. I know many on the forum have recommended simply setting money aside for potential repairs. My main concerns is the big-ticket items like air ride suspension, ML amp, brake actuator, etc.

Any other thoughts? Thanks!
Old 04-19-18, 09:28 AM
Shad034
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by riknchar
I was able to contact Jeff to get a quote on a CNA warranty on my 2010 LS460L AWD (93K miles).

Here's what Jeff was able to offer initially:

6.5 years, 48k miles: $5566 (zero ded), 4782 (100 ded), 3956 (200 ded)

6 years, 36k miles: $4561 (zero ded), 3971 (100 ded), 3344 (200 ded)

4 years, 24k miles: $3405 (zero ded), 3029 (100 ded), 2633 (200 ded)

I only drive around 8k miles per year, and I had asked Jeff to target the longer-term, lower-mile options. I think ideally I'd go with a 60 month, 48K mile warranty with maybe a $200 deductible. I've asked Jeff for a couple more options with slightly more miles. These prices are quite a bit higher than what Luscombe8A reported on his 2011, but mine has quite a few more miles to start with...

To be honest, I'm not 100% certain it would be smart to buy a warranty. I know many on the forum have recommended simply setting money aside for potential repairs. My main concerns is the big-ticket items like air ride suspension, ML amp, brake actuator, etc.

Any other thoughts? Thanks!
Is the car paid for or do you have a loan on it still? If its paid for, I usually just rely on my savings account for unexpected repairs. A portion of the money you aren't paying on a car payment, should be going into savings for maintenance activities.

How long have you had the car? I would definitely look harder at a warranty on a car I was buying of this age, as I dont know what its history looks like or how well it was maintained. If you've had it a while, and you care for your cars decently, then I'd be hesitant to get a warranty at all.

All that being said, if you feel like you have to get a warranty, take the highest deductible you can. It lowers the cost of the warranty and dropping 200 on a repair that costs many times that is no big deal.

Quick Reply: CNA Warranty GA GM Dealer Contact