LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Enjoy

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-16, 04:28 PM
xxtuanluux
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enjoy

Trying out my new Sony New VG30 Handy Cam.
Attached Thumbnails Enjoy-fullsizeoutput_ba5.jpeg   Enjoy-fullsizeoutput_ba4.jpeg   Enjoy-fullsizeoutput_ba0.jpeg   Enjoy-fullsizeoutput_b9f.jpeg   Enjoy-fullsizeoutput_b9e.jpeg  

Enjoy-fullsizeoutput_b9c.jpeg   Enjoy-dsc00013.jpg  
Old 11-05-16, 05:55 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

To each, his own. Not a fan. Looks like a squished bug.
Old 11-05-16, 07:29 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

His name should be Scroogetater. Great pics, even if I'm not a fan of the look.
Old 11-05-16, 09:32 PM
xxtuanluux
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by Scrutator
To each, his own. Not a fan. Looks like a squished bug.

Funny old man!
Old 11-05-16, 09:33 PM
xxtuanluux
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by roadfrog
His name should be Scroogetater. Great pics, even if I'm not a fan of the look.
yeah..haha
Old 11-05-16, 09:43 PM
Bliz460
Driver School Candidate

No, I'm not old and I don't like it either. It might possibly look better on an LS460 L car, but as it sits right now, it's too short for being so low. And with the top of the rims being tucked inside the wheel wells, it just doesn't work.... So, insult the haters if you want, but it doesn't look good....at all.

Last edited by Bliz460; 11-05-16 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Damn spell check
Old 11-05-16, 11:04 PM
xxtuanluux
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bliz460
No, I'm not old and I don't like it either. It might possibly look better on an LS460 L car, but as it sits right now, it's too short for being so low. And with the top of the rims being tucked inside the wheel wells, it just doesn't work.... So, insult the haters if you want, but it doesn't look good....at all.

Smdh..obviously you don't know nothing about vip lifestyle. First own a Lexus before you speak.
Old 11-06-16, 03:58 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Do those people mind you parking that car in front of those nice houses and taking pictures? Then again it looks like that neighborhood has been evacuated...foreclosures?...or zombie apocalypse?
Old 11-06-16, 08:16 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by xxtuanluux
Smdh..obviously you don't know nothing about vip lifestyle. First own a Lexus before you speak.
He's in the process of purchasing a Lexus. He just doesn't like your car.

While I agree these guys are being a little rude (especially Scrutator initially), when you put pictures out there like this you have to be prepared for both positive and negative reactions. When you come back and respond the way you did here and above you really open the floodgates on yourself. You just have to smile and thank people for their viewpoint.

Like I said, I would see this and keep on scrolling by without replying but since you've been so rude in response, I'm 35 (not old) and I think it looks terrible. Its just not at all my thing, sorry. Its a unique look and you have to realize its not going to be everybody's cup of tea. Its not that people are "old" or "know nothing", they just have different tastes than you.
Old 11-06-16, 08:49 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Cam takes nice pics.

While I appreciate the obvious amount of time and money that went into the car, you have to anticipate people not liking the "VIP" look. Personally I don't understand it. You took a beautiful luxurious car, slammed it to the ground, added side skirts, made it look like it was sitting on the ground. Most of us prefer leaving a beautiful car like this the way it is, perhaps some minor mods. My personal opinion is it looks like you took the car to AutoZone and drove it through the add a bunch of crap aisle. Makes it look cheap and ghetto.

To each his own. Some people obviously like this style or it wouldn't exist. I can't imagine the money you have in it. Any guesstimate?

For the record I'm really not trying to be a jerk here. I gave my opinion and its my opinion only.

Last edited by greg3852; 11-06-16 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-06-16, 11:56 AM
seanl
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, I'll bite.

The picture quality is nice, well done, that camera is sharp. I know the OP is looking for (candid?) feedback, so here's mine:

The car is definitely not mainstream and many of us (regardless of age) aren't into the VIP look/lifestyle (what is that anyway?). I've been to Tokyo and have seen their various styles, and I supposed VIP is possibly an offshoot from the JDM? However, If I rolled up to a customer's office and they saw me get out of a VIP style Lexus I'd have some credibility issues.

I know SEMA just wrapped up, and there's an audience there of course for cars dripping in aftermarket parts and mods.

OP, it's your car, your time, and your money, and while many of us might not like your tastes when it comes to mods, I think we all believe in the "freedom of automotive expression" and your desire to personalize your car to your tastes.
Old 11-06-16, 12:51 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Well said and different strokes for different folks.
Old 11-06-16, 01:26 PM
xxtuanluux
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by seanl
OK, I'll bite.

The picture quality is nice, well done, that camera is sharp. I know the OP is looking for (candid?) feedback, so here's mine:

The car is definitely not mainstream and many of us (regardless of age) aren't into the VIP look/lifestyle (what is that anyway?). I've been to Tokyo and have seen their various styles, and I supposed VIP is possibly an offshoot from the JDM? However, If I rolled up to a customer's office and they saw me get out of a VIP style Lexus I'd have some credibility issues.

I know SEMA just wrapped up, and there's an audience there of course for cars dripping in aftermarket parts and mods.

OP, it's your car, your time, and your money, and while many of us might not like your tastes when it comes to mods, I think we all believe in the "freedom of automotive expression" and your desire to personalize your car to your tastes.
We all share the same love for cars..didn't mean to jump off the way I did. But everything is good. I appreciate the love or no love.
Old 11-06-16, 02:38 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
While I agree these guys are being a little rude (especially Scrutator initially)...
My apologies for my initially harsh comment. I'll revise it to: "The car is not my cup of tea, but the quality of the photos is exceptional."
Old 11-06-16, 05:28 PM
xxtuanluux
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Doublebase
Do those people mind you parking that car in front of those nice houses and taking pictures? Then again it looks like that neighborhood has been evacuated...foreclosures?...or zombie apocalypse?
Mmmm ok????..This my house! My neighborhood, the houses are all new construction FYI as you can see. We getting it over here

Quick Reply: Enjoy