LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

A/V Upgrade for Lexus

Old 11-29-16, 06:59 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I'll have to try out car launcher pro, especially if it decreases boot up time. That appears to be one of the reasons my backup camera doesn't always work. At times, the screen will still say "ANDROID" while I'm reversing and the camera won't come on.
Old 11-29-16, 02:35 PM
k311in
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

And here's kodi. You can install it from play store. stream movies TV shows even live sports. after installing kodi google how to add fusion. It is unsafe to drive and watch the screen as we all know but just needs a mention here. Now I just need to learn how to mirror the screen to tablets I
have in the back seats for the kiddos
Old 09-14-17, 06:57 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Could You please make a video how it looks and works on the screen??

Originally Posted by k311in
Been running car launcher pro and I must say the launcher is leaps and bounds over the stock launcher. Visually appealingly and loads up after restarting the car a lot faster. Only took 5 secs. Was even able to get waze to finally work . There's a trial version if anyone else wants to try it out first. It even got the mic to work while using maps. So gotta say now I am 100 percent happy and satisfied with the vline purchase
And are You still happy with it ?
Regards
Arvid

Old 09-15-17, 02:12 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Just FYI, Kodi users, TVaddons/Fusion is no more (a new TVaddons exists but they deleted all of their useful addons courtesy of the lawyers). The old addons (Exodus, etc) are still available, just Google them and install individually.
Old 09-16-17, 05:33 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Default Maybe this unit is what You want ?

Originally Posted by k311in
And here's kodi. You can install it from play store. stream movies TV shows even live sports. after installing kodi google how to add fusion. It is unsafe to drive and watch the screen as we all know but just needs a mention here. Now I just need to learn how to mirror the screen to tablets I
have in the back seats for the kiddos
http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=843
Old 11-15-17, 02:21 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

THIS JUST IN... GROM V LINE NOW WORKS ON 460s w/o Self parking....
Attached Thumbnails A/V Upgrade for Lexus-screenshot_20171115-171112.jpg   A/V Upgrade for Lexus-screenshot_20171115-170931.jpg  
Old 11-15-17, 02:27 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
THIS JUST IN... GROM V LINE NOW WORKS ON 460s w/o Self parking....
i would give it a go, if they let the old people in at $300 intro rate.. not paying $500..

All I got last time when I was trying to install it is a scratch on my console for an item that was junk.
Old 11-15-17, 02:28 PM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

That's strange - I've been using the vline in my 460 w/ self parking since launch and haven't really had any major issues (outside of the known bugs). There was never any distinction when they sold it with or without self parking .... wonder why the distinction now ......

Wish they'd get carplay working properly again ......
Old 11-15-17, 02:35 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by rehr0001
That's strange - I've been using the vline in my 460 w/ self parking since launch and haven't really had any major issues (outside of the known bugs). There was never any distinction when they sold it with or without self parking .... wonder why the distinction now ......

unfortunately they didn't know...

few of us let them know though.. spent months working them and return the unit when no solution was in sight.
Old 11-15-17, 02:39 PM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

what didn't they know? Mine works without issues and I have self park .......
Old 11-15-17, 07:54 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

yes but people like me without self park have been anxiously waiting.. it's the main reason I haven't chimed in on this thread in a LONG while. it wasn't compatible so I focused on other mods.. but now I can finally get this done.. at $500 it's well worth it to bring my 07 into the modern age as it were.. at this point it's basically my iPod on wheels (as far as the head unit is concerned) ahh the possibilities.....
Old 11-15-17, 08:44 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rehr0001

here's a thought.. until they sort out car play why not just plug an apple tv into the HDMI input? (assuming u have a wifi hotspot) then u can use your Apple tv an have access to all the same features.(obviously you'll need a remote but it'll work) i do this in all cars that have any form of a/v input.. for Apple guys it's a simple fix..
Old 11-16-17, 04:11 PM
timinfla2
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here's a thought.. until they sort out car play why not just plug an apple tv into the HDMI input? (assuming u have a wifi hotspot) then u can use your Apple tv an have access to all the same features.(obviously you'll need a remote but it'll work) i do this in all cars that have any form of a/v input.. for Apple guys it's a simple fix..
That’s actually a pretty genius move right there... This just got a TON more interesting for me. I’m an apple guy, and I have the original nav on my 2008 460L. Awesome car, but the nav system def feels a bit dated.
Old 11-16-17, 08:07 PM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

CarPlay isn't totally broken - it just doesn't play audio through the lightning cable - it's through bluetooth. Quality isn't as good - there are occasional connectivity issues, and using siri goes back to the telephone screen rather than staying in the app. If they give me back audio through the lightning cable I'll be a really happy guy. I'm pretty happy as it is, though

I'm not a big fan of a remote in the car and much prefer the "made for car" interface of CarPlay. I still use Waze and Google Maps at times as well - just depends on my mood.
Old 11-19-17, 08:09 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Latest from Grom:
. VL2 will be on presale once we secure all parts and production starts. It will have around 3x faster MCU and 2GB RAM on board. 5G Wifi with best in class Broadcom chipset. Same 16GB Flash for apps. All existing VL1 are upgradeable, you will only need VC1 module swapped with VC2. We will post upgrade instructions once the presale starts. Everything else is the same. All wiring, connectors etc...

Read more on the ISF pages:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-vline-47.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/V Upgrade for Lexus