LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2010 LS 460 Seat Care

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-14, 02:21 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

I used to use Lexol, which I like, and switched to Zaino Leather In a Bottle 10 years ago and love it. As to the perforated leather, my trick is to pour on a cotton cloth and then rub the surface of the cloth against itself to thin out/spread the product prior to applying. When done that way, no holes get plugged.
Old 01-10-14, 02:39 PM
Jwwellman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Great feedback!
Old 01-10-14, 02:42 PM
Jwwellman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Devh
I don't know enough about it to recommend. What I do know is that Mequiar's as a company makes ok products. They are certainly not the best or the worst as there is so much better out there.

I highly recommend from my own experience Griot's leather wipes because the saturated wipe is lint free and easy to apply. In one step you can clean and condition leather seats and the wipe tub will last for years. The oils will penetrate the leather and keep it supple to resist cracking and drying out. This is the stuff that is used on antique leather interiors for preservation so I think it's more then good enough for your car. What I generally do is use one wipe per seat for the front and for the rear I use two to finish off. Do this every 6 months and your leather will last.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...s+100+count.do
Do you use or recommend any other Griot products for washing/maintaining the car?
Old 01-10-14, 02:44 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus4me
How much rubbing do you apply if the leather have some color from blue jean?
and do you also use this wipe on the fake leather furface area as well?
If you have transference of blue Jean dye I would then use the Griot's interior cleaner and a microfiber towel. I would not use anything stronger because it might ruin the leather and cause spotting. The interior cleaner is heavy duty but at the same time will not harm the service which it is being applied. Great for removing smudging on the wood trim.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...age_10075326-p
Old 01-10-14, 03:00 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by Jwwellman
Do you use or recommend any other Griot products for washing/maintaining the car?
There is better then Griot's out there and that's where there is a fine line when concourse stuff becomes over kill. On the whole Griot's makes products that are high quality and advertised to do what they say.

Having said that I'm using their car wash which is good however the Meguiars gold class car wash is almost as good and cheaper. I also use a microfiber wash mitt which has worn out so now I'm using the Griot's which is also nice. My Big Blue waffle weave drying towel which has a silk lining has seen better days but served me well for over 10 years has now been replaced with the Griots WW and its not too bad.

What I like about Griots is that it can now be purchased from Advanced Auto so it's convenient otherwise there is so much more that can be purchased on line that might be equal too or better then Griots.
Old 01-10-14, 03:03 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by caha14
I used to use Lexol, which I like, and switched to Zaino Leather In a Bottle 10 years ago and love it. As to the perforated leather, my trick is to pour on a cotton cloth and then rub the surface of the cloth against itself to thin out/spread the product prior to applying. When done that way, no holes get plugged.
Zaino products are top notch. For a good while their sealant was the best. I really like their plastic polish.
Old 01-10-14, 03:13 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by Lexus4me
How much rubbing do you apply if the leather have some color from blue jean?
and do you also use this wipe on the fake leather furface area as well?
I forgot to answer your question correctly.

If you use the leather wipes you can be aggressive as you want to be to and rub vigorously if you like. The wipe material is very soft but at the same time it will not tear which is very ideal for cleaning.

On the fake leather areas I use Griots vinyl dressing with the blue dealing sponge for easy even application. It's usually done at the same time when I go over all the plastic.
Old 01-10-14, 04:24 PM
Lexus4me
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Devh
I forgot to answer your question correctly.

If you use the leather wipes you can be aggressive as you want to be to and rub vigorously if you like. The wipe material is very soft but at the same time it will not tear which is very ideal for cleaning.

On the fake leather areas I use Griots vinyl dressing with the blue dealing sponge for easy even application. It's usually done at the same time when I go over all the plastic.
Thank you for the info, Will try some Griot's products.
Old 01-10-14, 05:29 PM
Hammer578
Driver School Candidate

I have used the Mequiars gel for years and it really is a great product.