LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Unfortunate Incident on 2008 LS460

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-12, 05:10 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLYCT
JM LEXUS.

They did the Prius bumper cover for us and it was perfect..

They also did a repair and complete repaint on a hurricane damaged Mitsubishi for my Sister-in-Law. Every body panel on the Mitsubishi had dents from flying objects hitting the car. Hurricane Wilma, and I just saw the car yesterday and it still looks good.

I'm not impressed with the sales side or the service side. Sales low balled me $3000 on a trade recently. I had a CarMax offer on paper and they would not match it. Lexus of Pembroke Pines matched the CarMax offer and sold me a CPO LS another $2000 below JM lowest negotiated price.

JM service also gave me crap about programming 2 Smart Cards I bought off Lexus dealer on eBay. They quoted $69 on the phone and when I got there they jumped price to $99 x2. When I said that Pembroke Pines would program both for $60 they handed me he cards back and said "go to Pembroke" and turned his back on me and walked away.

I've had very good service in Sarasota at Wilde Lexus.

JR
I guess you can get a little good out of every dealer. I had P.Pines do my acura, to respray just the hood from chips, and blend fenders. Well lets just say the color was off twice and they ended up painting the a pillars, the front two doors and then rear door. I was so mad because the orange peel was slightly off and not factory. I am a bit **** and I guess they weren't prepared for that.

Needless to say they barely dib-nibbed and the run in my door and all the fisheyes they left in the fender, ahhhh!!!
Old 09-25-12, 05:54 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Lextrician
brandnew bumper from lexus <1000 sewell have bumpers for less than that have them pay for a new one from lexus already painted.

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2008/5626.html

that is with the clublexus discount that is!!!
+1 I would just get one already painted from Sewell and put it on myself or take it to a body shop or dealer and have them put it on for a reasonable fee. The paint should be a really close match since Sewell is one of a few with a Lexus authorized body shop and they take your VIN to match the paint. As for the matching of the color, you should realize the front and rear bumpers don't match from the factory and are always off. To get them to match the body shop will blend the color with the other body panels and I wouldn't want them to touch those but that is just my opinion.