Notices
LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

SZ/Sport Sway Bar Swap

Old 03-22-10, 10:04 AM
JTS09
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SZ/Sport Sway Bar Swap

Haven't been on in a while due to extensive biz travel, so hello to all the CL family.
I did some research with the local Service/Parts Dept. managers on the Sway Bars for the 460 Sport.
Apparently, they are thicker, but retain the original bushings from the 07-2010 model Sways, and this was one of the 2 fixes they implemented for the Sport Model, to get rid of some of the Body Roll issues we all were unhappy with. The othert being the implementation of the Adjustable Air Ride option as a standard on the SZ.

I have ordered up the new bars as they are a bolt up to the original footprint for the other models.

The front mounting is easy and is only 1 hour of service time.
The rear will be 3.5 hours, as it requires the drop of the Sub Frame and a re-alignent after the placement.

Price of the units wasn't a deal killer and one of my 3 local dealers was willing to give me a price break. $240.00 for the Front and $180.00 for the Rear. The install adds another $700.00 or so, so it's an investment of a little over $1K but will be worth it if I get some the anticipated benefits.

Looking forward to putting them on and seeing if the added thickness and torsional ridgitidy of these units takes some of the pronounced roll out of the picture, when driving a little more agressively.

Scheduled for late next week so I'll keep you all tuned!

Jim
Old 03-22-10, 10:45 AM
jimmyo
Driver School Candidate

JTS09, Is your car an awd or rwd & if yours is not an awd do you think I could make that same change with my awd.
Old 03-22-10, 11:48 AM
JTS09
Rookie

Default SZ Sway Bar Swap

I have an 07 SWB RWD.

Not sure if the AWD car has the same bars, that's a good question and one for the local parts department.

Jim
Old 05-07-19, 06:39 AM
abs
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Bringing this thread back. I have noted that the new to me 2007 LS460L RWD has a lot of body roll. I'm interested in possibly upgrading the sway bars. In addition to the bars mentioned in the original thread, we now also have the F-Sport which I'm guessing had even larger sway bars than the earlier "sport" option. Questions:

Has anyone upgraded their bars?

Which bars fit and do the F-Sport bars need different mounting clamps/bushings?

How much did the upgrade help the handling/cornering?
Old 05-07-19, 06:45 AM
ALK
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by abs View Post
Bringing this thread back. I have noted that the new to me 2007 LS460L RWD has a lot of body roll. I'm interested in possibly upgrading the sway bars. In addition to the bars mentioned in the original thread, we now also have the F-Sport which I'm guessing had even larger sway bars than the earlier "sport" option. Questions:

Has anyone upgraded their bars?

Which bars fit and do the F-Sport bars need different mounting clamps/bushings?

How much did the upgrade help the handling/cornering?
I think it's a matter of increased thickness no fitment change . There are aftermarket front sway bar by Japanese company , I forgot the name.
Old 05-07-19, 06:11 PM
abs
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ALK View Post
I think it's a matter of increased thickness no fitment change . There are aftermarket front sway bar by Japanese company , I forgot the name.
Thanks for the reply, based on the notes above, I think you are right for the LS460 with Sport package. However, I'm interested to know if the F-Sport version has an even larger sway bar. Does anyone know?
Old 05-10-19, 08:46 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ALK View Post
I have Kaz-Sus sway bars on my car in addition to all the Tom's lower chassis brace mounts. To my knowledge these might be the only companies that make them for our vehicles.
The following users liked this post:
ALK (05-10-19)
Old 05-11-19, 10:53 AM
Caflashbob
Lead Lap

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Any idea where to source the bars?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SZ/Sport Sway Bar Swap

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: