ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   SZ/Sport Sway Bar Swap (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/489888-sz-sport-sway-bar-swap.html)

JTS09 03-22-10 10:04 AM

SZ/Sport Sway Bar Swap

Haven't been on in a while due to extensive biz travel, so hello to all the CL family.
I did some research with the local Service/Parts Dept. managers on the Sway Bars for the 460 Sport.
Apparently, they are thicker, but retain the original bushings from the 07-2010 model Sways, and this was one of the 2 fixes they implemented for the Sport Model, to get rid of some of the Body Roll issues we all were unhappy with. The othert being the implementation of the Adjustable Air Ride option as a standard on the SZ.

I have ordered up the new bars as they are a bolt up to the original footprint for the other models.

The front mounting is easy and is only 1 hour of service time.
The rear will be 3.5 hours, as it requires the drop of the Sub Frame and a re-alignent after the placement.

Price of the units wasn't a deal killer and one of my 3 local dealers was willing to give me a price break. $240.00 for the Front and $180.00 for the Rear. The install adds another $700.00 or so, so it's an investment of a little over $1K but will be worth it if I get some the anticipated benefits.

Looking forward to putting them on and seeing if the added thickness and torsional ridgitidy of these units takes some of the pronounced roll out of the picture, when driving a little more agressively.

Scheduled for late next week so I'll keep you all tuned!

Jim

jimmyo 03-22-10 10:45 AM

JTS09, Is your car an awd or rwd & if yours is not an awd do you think I could make that same change with my awd.

JTS09 03-22-10 11:48 AM

SZ Sway Bar Swap

I have an 07 SWB RWD.

Not sure if the AWD car has the same bars, that's a good question and one for the local parts department.

Jim:uh:

abs 05-07-19 06:39 AM

Bringing this thread back. I have noted that the new to me 2007 LS460L RWD has a lot of body roll. I'm interested in possibly upgrading the sway bars. In addition to the bars mentioned in the original thread, we now also have the F-Sport which I'm guessing had even larger sway bars than the earlier "sport" option. Questions:

Has anyone upgraded their bars?

Which bars fit and do the F-Sport bars need different mounting clamps/bushings?

How much did the upgrade help the handling/cornering?

ALK 05-07-19 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by abs (Post 10511442)
Bringing this thread back. I have noted that the new to me 2007 LS460L RWD has a lot of body roll. I'm interested in possibly upgrading the sway bars. In addition to the bars mentioned in the original thread, we now also have the F-Sport which I'm guessing had even larger sway bars than the earlier "sport" option. Questions:

Has anyone upgraded their bars?

Which bars fit and do the F-Sport bars need different mounting clamps/bushings?

How much did the upgrade help the handling/cornering?

I think it's a matter of increased thickness no fitment change . There are aftermarket front sway bar by Japanese company , I forgot the name.

abs 05-07-19 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by ALK (Post 10511447)
I think it's a matter of increased thickness no fitment change . There are aftermarket front sway bar by Japanese company , I forgot the name.

Thanks for the reply, based on the notes above, I think you are right for the LS460 with Sport package. However, I'm interested to know if the F-Sport version has an even larger sway bar. Does anyone know?

brianlin87 05-10-19 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by ALK (Post 10511447)

I have Kaz-Sus sway bars on my car in addition to all the Tom's lower chassis brace mounts. To my knowledge these might be the only companies that make them for our vehicles.

Caflashbob 05-11-19 10:53 AM

Any idea where to source the bars?