Passenger Air Bag ON/OFF Light - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Passenger Air Bag ON/OFF Light

Old 03-16-10, 07:29 PM
astrotoy
Driver

Default Passenger Air Bag ON/OFF Light

Today, with my wife in the front seat, I noticed that the Passenger Air Bag OFF light in the middle panel was on. When we arrived at our destination, I turned off the car engine and turned it back on again and the ON light was on this time. Normally I don't notice this, because my wife normally sits in the back seat with her feet up on the ottoman, so no light turns on. Not sure I can get this problem to repeat for the dealer. Still under warranty. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 03-16-10, 08:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

was she leaning on the window or something? sometimes if the sensors sense that if airbag deploys can actually hurt the passenger more, it might turn off
Old 03-17-10, 12:10 AM
jstjohnz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by astrotoy View Post
Today, with my wife in the front seat, I noticed that the Passenger Air Bag OFF light in the middle panel was on. When we arrived at our destination, I turned off the car engine and turned it back on again and the ON light was on this time. Normally I don't notice this, because my wife normally sits in the back seat with her feet up on the ottoman, so no light turns on. Not sure I can get this problem to repeat for the dealer. Still under warranty. Any ideas? Thanks.
There is a weight sensor in the seat and a tension sensor and buckle switch on the seatbelt. The airbag is enabled or disabled based on a combination of those inputs.

I have a somewhat similar issue where my passenger seatbelt warning will beep for several seconds after the passenger has gotten out of the seat. Maybe a flaky weight sensor. My issue is intermittent also.
Old 03-17-10, 01:30 PM
astrotoy
Driver

Thanks for the help. I'll see whether it repeats and her position on the seat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Passenger Air Bag ON/OFF Light

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: