RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Passenger Seatbelt light and air bag light issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-16, 06:56 AM
actman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Seatbelt light and air bag light issue

I put my hockey bag on the front passenger seat since my back was full of flooring I picked up. The bag was on the front edge to the back and resting upright on the seat. The passenger seatbelt light flashed and it beeped like normal. The beeping stopped. Now after my bag is long removed the seatbelt light flashes but no beeping and the "no airbag light" stays on.
I read a few things on here but nothing that helped. I sat in the seat a couple of times and tried to get it to reset with no luck. Pulled up on the front edge of the seat like someone mentioned. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Old 07-19-16, 11:29 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Take to the dealer. It may be covered under warranty.

"Restraint Systems Warranty

This warranty covers repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship of any seatbelt or air bag system supplied by Lexus, subject to the exceptions indicated under “What Is Not Covered” on pages 19–20.

Coverage is for 72 months or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first."
Old 07-26-16, 08:53 AM
actman
Driver School Candidate

I have no warranty on my suv.
Originally Posted by jfelbab
Take to the dealer. It may be covered under warranty.

"Restraint Systems Warranty

This warranty covers repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship of any seatbelt or air bag system supplied by Lexus, subject to the exceptions indicated under “What Is Not Covered” on pages 19–20.

Coverage is for 72 months or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first."
Old 07-26-16, 10:29 AM
TeeDog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by actman
I put my hockey bag on the front passenger seat since my back was full of flooring I picked up. The bag was on the front edge to the back and resting upright on the seat. The passenger seatbelt light flashed and it beeped like normal. The beeping stopped. Now after my bag is long removed the seatbelt light flashes but no beeping and the "no airbag light" stays on.
I read a few things on here but nothing that helped. I sat in the seat a couple of times and tried to get it to reset with no luck. Pulled up on the front edge of the seat like someone mentioned. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
You could try disconnecting the battery for a while and see if it gets reset.
If it's not covered under warranty, at least take it to a an Autozone and have them read the ODB-II codes and see what it is indicating the problem is..
They will give you the code and you can look it up online.
T
Old 07-26-16, 10:58 AM
actman
Driver School Candidate

Thanks can't hurt to disconnect the battery and see if it resets. I am in Canada so we don't have that store but I can get a friend mechanic to run the code.
Old 07-27-16, 06:10 AM
actman
Driver School Candidate

No luck disconnecting the battery. I will have to take it to my friend. I had new seatbelt installed so it could be some connection issue. I don't know where to find those connections to see if that is the issue
Old 07-27-16, 06:15 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I had a similar issue with my 04 RX330 where the SRS warning light would stay lit and I took it in for repair. I was told that while the SRS light was lit, the airbag would not deploy so consider this a pretty important safety issue for any passenger. The good news was the fix for my vehicle was a simple re-calibration done by a tech in about 15 minute.

I'd still suggest promptly taking it in to Lexus and have it corrected before driving with a passenger in that seat. Accidents happen unexpectedly and this SRS issue could mean the difference between life and death for your passenger.
Old 07-27-16, 06:36 AM
TeeDog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by actman
No luck disconnecting the battery. I will have to take it to my friend. I had new seatbelt installed so it could be some connection issue. I don't know where to find those connections to see if that is the issue
Hope you can get it sorted out, safety is a concern as mentioned by jfelbab
Good luck
T
Old 07-27-16, 08:53 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,092 Likes on 932 Posts

I bet it is related to the new seatbelt. Why did you need a new seatbelt? Was it related to collision repair?
Old 07-27-16, 09:05 AM
actman
Driver School Candidate

yes the charge had gone off in the seatbelt so I had a new seatbelt replaced. Putting my hockey bag on the seat must have upset something
Old 07-28-16, 01:56 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,092 Likes on 932 Posts

The folks who put in the new seatbelt should be able to figure this out.