LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Overriding the LS 460 Nav.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-06, 12:37 PM
lexmikeyam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overriding the LS 460 Nav.

I cant take it, this issue with not being able to input info. on the move or even input phone numbers is really driving me crazy. Where is the hack for this? I'm ready to start cutting away myself! I hate that they put the pre caution on this car. I just traded in my 2004 BMW 745LI for this car and was totally able to access all the function of the NAV unit. I love this car and only find fault in the NAV (no inputting info while in motion). Can anyone please help with a hack or a sequence to override the system? Is there no Lexus Forum member who is a Lexus service mechanic who can tell us how to override the NAV? I have a close friend who's a BMW mechanic and is suppose to be getting the information for me, he's usally a very dependable source. So if he gets it before someone here on the forum does I will DEFINITELY post it. But in the meanwhile is there any help for this on the 2007 LS 460. Also I would like to option watch DVDs while driving.

Last edited by lexmikeyam; 12-27-06 at 12:41 PM. Reason: missed words
Old 12-27-06, 03:26 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

As mentioned in some earlier threads on this subject take a look at the IS and GS forums where there are considerable details on this. Involves installing a switch with some wire cutting to install. Details and pix in those forums. Look under "tricks, DIY, etc." thread in particular in the GS for example.
Old 12-27-06, 06:21 PM
lexmikeyam
Driver School Candidate

I did see those, but are they the same wires as the ones on the LS 460? And do you remove the NAV system in the same way as the others?
Old 12-27-06, 06:37 PM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Does it override all the locked out features? Nav, bluetooth, CD changer, memory seats, etc?
Old 12-28-06, 07:15 AM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sdbrandon
Does it override all the locked out features? Nav, bluetooth, CD changer, memory seats, etc?
If I understand it correctly, it only gives you an ability to watch DVD's while you drive but still will not let you set a new destination or use the phone dial.
I, personally don't care for watching DVD's while you drive, but other features I would definitely want to have and if they are not available, I don't want to spend all that time taking the stuff apart for something that I don't really need. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!
Old 12-28-06, 07:18 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am sure you know this but you can enter a destination while driving using voice commands.
Old 12-29-06, 03:13 PM
jotafl
Driver

hey lexmike, before you start cutting cables and removing the device, just give it a little time, I am sure someone will get the hack on how to access the system to override the lock so we can input telephone numbers and also find addresses. I don't really care for that while I am driving, but if you have a passenger, he/she can do the inputs for your while you keep driving.

On the LS430 I was able to do so so I am sure someone will come up with the crack/hack.

Congrats on the car.
Old 12-29-06, 03:26 PM
GS430X6
Pole Position

Not sure if its the same but heres how I over ride my GS430 nav...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216004
Old 12-29-06, 04:01 PM
LexusLean
Driver School Candidate

Default No Go

Sadly, there's no push button in the "secret menu" for an override on the LS460, so the GS430 instructions are a no go.

I'm praying daily for the hack.
Old 01-02-07, 10:03 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone should call Lexus Customer Care and complain about this... This is the last lexus I buy if they don't change this and I let them know that... Mercedes, BMW, Acura, Infinity will get my business instead since they don't cripple dozens of nav features while the car is in motion...
Old 01-02-07, 04:55 PM
nobuddy
Rookie

FYI, Infiniti also cripples nav functionality while the car is in motion.

You are correct on the others
Old 01-02-07, 04:57 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nobuddy
FYI, Infiniti also cripples nav functionality while the car is in motion.

You are correct on the others
OK, thanks... My buddy just got an 07 G35 and said that he could enter destinations while the car was moving... I guess he's mistaken... He's not very technical... lol...

Anyway, I would never buy an Infinity regardless
Old 01-02-07, 05:58 PM
nobuddy
Rookie

you can enter destinations via voice commands on the G35, but not using the screen, and you can't search POIs while moving.
Old 01-02-07, 10:37 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Come on people, this is purely a consequence of having to sell cars in sue-happy land. They don't want to be responsible for your hospital bills and/or funeral expenses if you kiss the tree while messing with the screen.
Old 01-02-07, 11:58 PM
LexusLean
Driver School Candidate

If only Lexus weren't as fearful as Honda/Acura...the '06 Acura RL I traded in for the LS SWB 460 had the absolute best and most fully functional Navigation system that has ever been made. Full and complete access while in motion to everything. Of course, the Mark Levinsohn stereo in the Lexus almost makes the crippled Nav/Audio disabling while in motion tolerable, but...I miss the flexibility while reveling in the luxurious ambience of the new ride. Oh, the trade-offs we're required to make.

Software hack I pray for you daily....

Quick Reply: Overriding the LS 460 Nav.