LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2003 LS430, Bought Recently, a few problems.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-16, 11:49 PM
romin88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 LS430, Bought Recently, a few problems.

Right, so I've recently bought a 2003 LS430 Luxury Pack, this is my second LS, previously I had a 2005 model which I sold and bought this one for a good price, and right away I have a few problems I'd like to get advice on, I haven't had time to properly check the problems yet.

1) The trunk opens but does not go up and it feels ridiculously heavy, is it possible the struts are okay and the closing/opening mechanism is trying to pull it back to close it? How can I check its not a electrical problem?
2) The side mirrors does not move in any direction, even tho they open and close, I am suspecting a blown fuse, but do the mirrors share a fuse with other components?
3) The parking sensors on the left side of the don't work, it keeps on saying "Check Sensor System", where do I start with this?
4) The car came with 2 keys, 1 valet key and 1 key which has no buttons on it but only unlocks the driver side door and starts the car, did this model have a key with buttons on it? (Key Fob) if yes, how do I find out the FCC details? And Is it possible that I when I order the keys I program them with Techstream or lock/unlock trick?
5) The sound system has sound, but its just a sound, no bass, very faint, almost lifeless. I am suspecting a blown or disconnected Amplifier? If not, where do I start with this one?
6) There is a switch on the sunroof control panel, between the lights which says "DOOR ON OFF" which I suppose is for the interiors lights, but does not do anything, when I keep it on on, it doesn't work, when I put it on door, it does not turn on the lights when the doors are open? But doesn't feel like its broken, what's up with that?

Any help on any of the problems would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-09-16, 06:57 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

Welcome Romin. As always, feel free to search the site a many of your concerns have been discussed.

I can answer the first question easily.
A new set of lift-struts will no doubt take care of the problem. The deck lid is heavy and without good struts, it will feel like it wants to close all the time.

As far as the audio system, the speakers may be suffering from surrounds that have started to deteriorate. There are a number of great write ups on speaker replacement.

As a suggestion, check out this thread as it addresses the most common concerns with these cars.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...iy-thread.html
Old 12-09-16, 11:38 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Order a set of StrongArm trunk struts. Problem solved there.

Mirrors can be as simple as cleaning the switch or the motors could be burnt out in the mirrors requiring replacement.

If you have sound but its just weak your speakers may be at the end of their life.

Interior lamp not working may be as simple as bulb replacement.

Parking sensors could be disconnected, bad wiring or been painted too thick.

do a search here on the forum for each your issues and youll find a ton of information.