Add used/second hand keys to 2001 LS430

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-18, 02:04 PM
TripleZero
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add used/second hand keys to 2001 LS430

Hello.

I've picked up two (presumably used) keys from eBay both working at a low price from the same seller.

The keys apparently were LS430 2001; they look the same. Sadly labels are worn. But they should be the same key, right?

My car is 2001 LS430, UCF30R-AEAGKW; Europe, Right hand drive, 3UZFE, 5 speed automatic, and apparently Ultraluxury edition (but without parking sensors).

Is there a way to program these to start the car and function identical or similar to the only master key I have?

Picture attached. Left to right; Purchased key 1, Purchased key 2, Functioning master key.

Old 11-14-18, 08:08 PM
ebxgsxr
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Not sure about things over there, but only place that could program my keys were the dealer. They were able to get one to work but not the other. Ended up getting a refund from the eBay seller.
Old 02-07-22, 07:50 PM
IS400F
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Only have the 2-button valet key for LS430 01

Hi
Just brought a LS430 which only came with the 2-button valet key. It unlocks doors and starts car but does not open trunk or do keyless entry
I might buy a brand new master key (3-buttons) from china and take it to a local lock smith to have it programmed
Has anyone ever programmed a new smart key, without a master key? Is it possible?

Thanks
Old 02-10-22, 03:35 PM
Willum0
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

***I just reread the instructions and they mention, you must insert a master key. So, I don't think this is going to help you but I will leave it up anyhow.***

I want to get a couple of spare keys and looked into it. Since then I bought some aftermarket lexus keys with fobs and found this website that talks about programming the fobs. I have seen this same process on several websites, but have not gotten the replacement keys cut yet. You might want to try this:
https://www.remotesremotes.com/Key-F...show=30&page=1
Let me know if this works for you.

Last edited by Willum0; 02-10-22 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-13-22, 05:21 PM
IS400F
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks those instructions do help me.
They state that a new master key can't be programmed by using a valet key (which is only key I have). So then I know I have to get dealer or lock smith to help do it, hopefully they can do it with just the valet key ...

These instructions will also be helpful for anyone with a master key because they include both key and remote programming, which I have often seen posted separately causing confusion. It is a very strange and funny dance you have to do to reprogramme the key, the person who made it must have a good sense of humor.

Programming Procedure:
  • The key must be laser cut by a qualified auto locksmith or dealer before programming.
  • Please familiarize yourself with the procedure before starting.
  • These instructions will only work if you have an existing MASTER key if you have a grey valet key this procedure WILL NOT work and you must have this key cut and programmed at the dealer!
  • The panic and trunk features must be pressed and held down for 3 seconds in order to function.

Key Programming:
1. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition. Do not turn.
2. Press and release the gas pedal 5 times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times.
4. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition.
6. Press and release the gas pedal one time.
7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your key is programmed. To end programming step on the brake one time.
Note: Look for your security light. This light will guide you during the programming procedure. The security light will go off at Step 1. It will remain off until Step 6. The security light will be come on and start blink after Step 6 until the key is programmed. If the security light comes on after Step 4 STOP the procedure and start over again.
If you perform this procedure too slowly your car will not go into programming mode. If you can not get your car to go into programming mode make sure you are using a master key and not a valet key. If you have a master key then you will probably need to perform this procedure more quickly.

Remote Programming:
1. Begin with the key out of the ignition.
2. OPEN and UNLOCK the DRIVER'S side door. CLOSE all other doors including the trunk.
3. Within 5 seconds INSERT the key into the ignition and PULL it out TWICE.
4. CLOSE then OPEN the DRIVER's side door TWICE.
5. Insert key INTO the ignition then REMOVE it.
6. CLOSE then OPEN the DRIVER's side door TWICE.
7. Insert the key INTO the ignition and LEAVE it in ignition.
8. CLOSE the DRIVER's side door.
9. Switch the ignition to ON then OFF.
10. REMOVE the key from ignition.
11. The door locks will now cycle to confirm the vehicle has successfully entered programming mode.
12. PUSH and HOLD the LOCK and UNLOCK button for 1.5 seconds on the first remote being
programmed. As soon as you let go PUSH the LOCK button and HOLD it for 2 seconds.
13. The door locks will cycle to confirm successful programming of the remote. If you have any
additional remotes to program repeat step 12 if you have no additional remotes proceed to step 14.
14. OPEN the DRIVER'S side door. Programming is now complete.

Old 02-13-22, 05:32 PM
Willum0
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"the person who made it must have a good sense of humor."
Yep, I think you are right!