LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Park assist screen

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-12, 03:17 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park assist screen

I noticed today as I was baking up towards a light post, that my park assist display(on the nav) screen didn't pop up. I could hear the audible beeps, but no display. When I pulled into my garage, the front seems to pop up fine. Any thoughts on this? I mean it seems the sensors are working, I am getting the audible beep.

I checked the on screen set-up via Nav screen and it wasn't turned off, so I am not sure whats up.
Old 07-09-12, 09:09 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

I'm trying to figure this out as well.
Old 07-10-12, 02:13 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

hmmm... I think I may just be an idiot..lol I mean logically the screen won't pop up in reverse, or then the back up cam would be useless no? lol
Old 07-10-12, 02:16 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Cronic
hmmm... I think I may just be an idiot..lol I mean logically the screen won't pop up in reverse, or then the back up cam would be useless no? lol
I've never seen it in reverse. I've only seen it once when I was parking in my garage last week. It hasn't came on since then.
Old 07-10-12, 06:18 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kira X
I've never seen it in reverse. I've only seen it once when I was parking in my garage last week. It hasn't came on since then.
Did you hit the button by the coin tray by accident?
Old 08-03-12, 02:25 PM
fmk52
Driver School Candidate

I have an identical problem with my LS 430, model 2004 for the last one week or so. Parking sonars are working fine and give out warning beep on sensing any obstacle.. Warning symbol/ sign also comes on the instrument cluster but display on the navigation screen does not appear any more. I got each sensor checked individually and they all work fine. My Lexus is equipped with sonars/ sensors only and there is no reverse camera installed.

As the vehicle is a Japanese model its instructions and inscriptions are all in Japanese language. Over a period of time I have become fairly proficient on the functioning of each instrument/ switch and tried all possible solutions including removal of battery connection for about seven minutes for computer to reset itself but nothing has worked so far.

Unfortunately, there is no Lexus specialized workshop in Pakistan where I work and have to rely mostly on local Toyota workshop and Import of service parts from the Middle East. Could someone guide me to an appropriate resolution to this problem please.
I' ll be grateful for the help please.
Kind regards
FMK

Last edited by fmk52; 08-03-12 at 02:28 PM. Reason: To add some more info
Old 08-04-12, 03:07 AM
stemirra
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default YES I know exactly what you are talking about

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. There is a option in the menu which is not easy to find but you will once you look that gives several choices. You can choose independantly the front and rear distance from an obstacle on when to sound a beep, when to show it on the display and weather to show the park assist on the nav display or just show the alert on the little speedometer area display or beep only with no display or only display with no beep. I never knew it was there and have no idea how the setting got changed but but it somehow happened to me also that's why I know what you are saying and you can go in there and re-program what/when you want to hear beeping and when to or not to show it on the nav and or dash display independant of one another. You can even change the volume/pace of the beeping.
Old 01-13-15, 05:48 AM
sallensr
Rookie

Default @fmk52

Can you walk me through getiing into those menus. My park assist screen does not come up and I do not hear the beeps. I can set the volume and the distance. But I still do not see the screen or hear anything. Is there an additional menu or reset or reprogram setting?
Old 01-13-15, 10:44 AM
sallensr
Rookie

Is this scan tool the only to get into these settings?
Old 01-13-15, 10:47 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you press the OPTIONS button ---> INFORMATION ---> LEXUS PARK ASSIST --->
Then you will see the last option, it's called something like canceling display off, toggle it, and you should see your sensors active when you're parking. Except for the reverse the camera will always show up instead, because that's what you'd really need.

GL.
Old 01-13-15, 11:59 AM
sallensr
Rookie

Ok. I have a 2003 LS430. Should the cancel light be lit up for on or should it not be lit for the screen to be off. Bare with me, I am a new Lexus owner my first one only had it 2 weeks
Old 01-13-15, 04:54 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sallensr
Ok. I have a 2003 LS430. Should the cancel light be lit up for on or should it not be lit for the screen to be off. Bare with me, I am a new Lexus owner my first one only had it 2 weeks
It should be NOT LIT. For it to work and show up the display.
Old 05-14-15, 07:17 AM
fanjet
Driver School Candidate

Default Park assist sensor warning beeps and message.

2003 LS430. Recently, I'm getting a warning signal (5 beeps) and message (check park assist sensors) each time I start the engine, as well as each time I slow to a stop such as stop sign/light. Sensors and signal actually seem to work normally when close to objects, but the message/warning beeps about checking the sensors is driving me nuts. Any ideas what is causing this? Help, please.
P.S. I'm the original owner, and never before had a problem with park assist.