GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Design Defect? Nav screen not returning to original screen after parktronic screen...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-11, 03:04 PM
quepasafra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Design Defect? Nav screen not returning to original screen after parktronic screen...

Hello, i have an 06 gs300 and i don´t know if this beahavior is a design defect...

When i´m for example listening to music and the park assist goes on a splash screen of my car show´s in the screen indicating the near obstacles.

Ok, all good.

But when park assist returns the screen always shows the nav-map screen.

This is not logical to me, if before i´m on the audio or climate screen, what´s the reason the car ALWAYS return to map mode screen??? Is this configurable in any way?

Excuse for my poor english, í´m spanish owner and i don´t talk english in good way...

Thanks.
Old 06-22-11, 03:30 PM
davidwhang
Driver

It is an option for the navigation system. You can have it stay on the audio screen. Look through your settings and there will be an option to not auto-change to the navigation screen.
Old 06-22-11, 04:05 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Exactly wha he said^
Old 06-23-11, 12:54 PM
quepasafra
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Originally Posted by davidwhang
It is an option for the navigation system. You can have it stay on the audio screen. Look through your settings and there will be an option to not auto-change to the navigation screen.
I´ve searched the menu´s of my 4th gen navi and i haven´t found any option regarding this... Do you know under wich menu is and what´s the exact name of the setting?

I try to explain again my problem. If i´m in the audio screen, and i found an obstacle, the screen then shows the park assist screen; then when the obstacle dissapears, the park assist screen goes out, but my system doesn´t return to the audio screen, instead always goes directly to the "map" screen showing my position in the map.

This is annoying for me...
Old 06-23-11, 08:41 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is an option cAlled, automatic transition from audio/air confitioner to navigation/etc. That has nothing to do while in audio n parking sensors come on and bak to default nav screen. There is no way around it OP thats the way it was designed. What you can do is disable parking sonar display on the screen. I wouldn suggest it bu if it bothers u thay much its basiclly the only choice you have.
Old 01-20-19, 09:45 AM
cardboy008
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was the installation of the new screen plug and play? Did you have to splice any wires at all?
Old 03-23-24, 10:52 AM
jayjay52
2nd gear

Default Hi I have a work around

Originally Posted by quepasafra
I´ve searched the menu´s of my 4th gen navi and i haven´t found any option regarding this... Do you know under wich menu is and what´s the exact name of the setting?

I try to explain again my problem. If i´m in the audio screen, and i found an obstacle, the screen then shows the park assist screen; then when the obstacle dissapears, the park assist screen goes out, but my system doesn´t return to the audio screen, instead always goes directly to the "map" screen showing my position in the map.

This is annoying for me...
Spoiler