Old 11-13-18, 01:58 PM
911LE
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Old 06-15-19, 05:39 AM
dianimo5s
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2004 LS 430 with easy close I have a replacement part but when I took off the door panel it doesn't look right I was wondering if you can tell me what you had to do to remove the easy close mechanism so you could get to the door lock yhank you
Old 06-15-19, 08:58 AM
Bocatrip
Lexus Champion

Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts

Has anyone attempted to replace the Mabuchi Motor only to find that there was another part or issue to repair inside the actuator other than the motor?
Old 06-15-19, 09:25 AM
FreddieA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dianimo5s View Post
I have a 2004 LS 430 with easy close I have a replacement part but when I took off the door panel it doesn't look right I was wondering if you can tell me what you had to do to remove the easy close mechanism so you could get to the door lock yhank you
Not sure about the replacement part you mentioned but i assume you're referring to the mabuchi part and your question is how to open the "actuator assembly" part# 69110 or 69120 [see enclosed image]. If my understanding is correct, all you need is to pry open as the plastic cover is glued together in the factory [just be careful not to break the cover as the actuator assembly is more than $550]. I your question is how to remove the actuator assembly from the door then go back to post# 272.
Old 06-16-19, 02:40 PM
Bocatrip
Lexus Champion

I've watched the procedure for replacing the small motor on You Tube. Some of you guys make it seem like a piece of cake, but to me it sure looks like a semi complicated task! Looks as if you make one mistake during the removal and reinstallation, it can be a whole lot of time and work to then take it apart again! I'l leave it to my Indy when the time does come....
Old 06-30-19, 12:31 PM
Bocatrip
Lexus Champion

Default Can the extreme daytime heat cause actuator to fail?

Iíve noticed that my driverís front door actuator failure occurs during the extreme daytime heat. Once it cools off the door works again and doesnít fail again. This has happened to me twice. Both times were during extreme sunny hot days in Florida. I read some posts discussing the door lock cable stretching during the heat and another post mentioning how the grease under heat affects the contacts at the motor. I certainly do not want to give my Indy the $10 motor only to find out it is not the problem. My door lock actuator has been working other than those extreme temperature days. FYI...During the actuator failing......I can always close the lock with the key or inside the door by manually pushing the plastic lock piece forward. Can anyone give me any feedback on the extreme heat on the door lock cable and/or the grease at certain contact points being the culprit for my intermittent driverís actuator problem? Thanks all.

Last edited by Bocatrip; 06-30-19 at 12:38 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS 430 Door Lock Actuator Tutorial

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: