LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Urgent help !!! Please about pcs message

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-10, 06:12 AM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Urgent help !!! Please about pcs message

Hey guyz ...some of you know me here and i have this problem come up after driving for almost 3000 miles on a long road with sandstorm and i got this error it says check pcs and it wont go .....in the city i used to get it but it used to disappear but now its just there permanently and it wont go even after cleaning it so many times and yesterday i tried to on the cruise and it wont work because of this pcs error ....

its a 2005 ls430 ultra luxury ..please help
Old 05-29-10, 07:08 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have the PCS, but with my laser cruise on my CL trim, that error usually for dirty cover, but if you've cleaned it... then something else is up. So the clear protective lense and the inner part are both clean?
Old 05-29-10, 08:36 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have gotten this a few times but only when snow and slush is building up on the little L plastic window on the front of the grill. what different parts of the world we live in huh ??
Old 05-29-10, 11:47 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There's another thread going on right now on if the plastic cover is needed and somenoe posted that the piece actually plays a more important function than just protecting the sensor from gunk. It actually does something with the frequency and such, so if you've gone through some extensive sandstorm, perhaps the cover has gotten scratched (although it's clean) and the sensor is not functioning correctly now.
Old 05-30-10, 10:47 AM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
There's another thread going on right now on if the plastic cover is needed and somenoe posted that the piece actually plays a more important function than just protecting the sensor from gunk. It actually does something with the frequency and such, so if you've gone through some extensive sandstorm, perhaps the cover has gotten scratched (although it's clean) and the sensor is not functioning correctly now.

Exactly i have gone through extensive sandstorm and i have cleaned the black box behind da grill which is known as the radar detector lol but the message still wont go and i hate it ..i just want to get rid of the message and wont the pcs to work again
Old 05-31-10, 08:10 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds like you have a problem... going to cost you some money to fix too. As others have said... search the forum for "Check PCS" and you'll find what you need in there most likely.
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-10, 05:26 AM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DDLexus
Sounds like you have a problem... going to cost you some money to fix too. As others have said... search the forum for "Check PCS" and you'll find what you need in there most likely.
Thank you and i will look for the post hoping it wont cost me anything
Old 06-01-10, 04:30 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by diplomacyk
Exactly i have gone through extensive sandstorm and i have cleaned the black box behind da grill which is known as the radar detector lol but the message still wont go and i hate it ..i just want to get rid of the message and wont the pcs to work again
have you tried cleaning the BACK of the emblem also?

may be some dirt got stuck back there and it's blocking the signal?
Old 06-01-10, 11:33 PM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

Thank you but i will try to clean it once again and check...my grill doesnt have the pcs glass though :/
Old 06-02-10, 07:02 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default No plastic/acrylic?

Thank you but i will try to clean it once again and check...my grill doesnt have the pcs glass though :/
To rule out a simple problem, you need to return the grill back to stock trim. The glass is there for a reason. Are you sure you have a UL with PCS?
Attached Thumbnails Urgent help !!! Please about pcs message-lexus_pcs_cover.jpg  
Old 06-02-10, 11:13 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by DDLexus
To rule out a simple problem, you need to return the grill back to stock trim. The glass is there for a reason. Are you sure you have a UL with PCS?
I agree. There was a thread regarding that issue that it's not a fancy plastic piece.

for those who haven't seen what a pcs looks like behind the emblem

Old 06-02-10, 11:49 AM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Can anybody really confirm that this plastic isn't just plastic?
Old 06-02-10, 02:59 PM
StlLexusTe
Driver School Candidate

I cannot confirm that it is not just plastic, but IF it looks pitted, or dull, try Meguires Plastix on it to polish it. The stuff works wonders on the plastic gauge cover, headlights, AND I even use it on the coated wood trim inside the car. It has UV protection in it as well. I would venture to guess, having worked on these cars for a long time, that the outer cover is clear plastic. If anything is a "special material" Lexus would have it behind the clear plastic. If you drove through a sand storm, It probably looks like it has been sand blasted. Try the Plastix with a buffer and see what happens. It cant hurt anything.
Old 06-02-10, 11:43 PM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

Thanks bro yes and i do know my car is an ultra luxury and i have been driving without the glass pcs grill and never faced such error for so long but had gone through alot of sandstorm lately since then i have my cruise control not working
Old 06-06-10, 04:36 AM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

Hello Guys

As i am planning to sell my lexus ls430 ultra luxury package 2005 model and some of you have already seen how it looks and i have got offers of like $27,500 but as i have some mods on it am looking for a bit higher then what i am offered.

So i have few queries and i really need help on it

A. I have the same problem still even after cleaning the radar cruise many times i still have the error on the dashboard display saying *Check PCS* and once again to let you know i was driving on the highway and it was heavy sandstorm since then this thing have come up and isnt going as i would be selling my car and to show it to the buyer i need this to be cleared and i even tried turning on the cruise but it would go off itself.

B. Whats the difference between Laser and Radar ??( this confused me )

Thank you

Quick Reply: Urgent help !!! Please about pcs message