LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Urgent help !!! Please about pcs message

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-10, 06:05 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

would you believe that i was driving down the highway this afternoon and then 'bing' check pcs error message pops up on the display

when i got to my destination i checked and there were a few splattered bugs on the plastic grill L piece window so i popped the hood and the actual box was a little dirty so i cleaned both off with a napkin and some spit but still errors on the dash after turning off and back on. i guess i will give it a thorough cleaning tomorrow morning but what the hell else could be causing these pcs errors...? i haven't driven through any dirty or bad weather climates so i have no idea why or what would cause this...

wow, as soon as i read about an issue it never fails that within a few weeks it happens to me thanks diplomacy

so did you fix yours??

i guess i will try my old plast-x if cleaning it and resetting the battery doesn't work tomorrow then.
Old 06-12-10, 10:26 AM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sojah
would you believe that i was driving down the highway this afternoon and then 'bing' check pcs error message pops up on the display

when i got to my destination i checked and there were a few splattered bugs on the plastic grill L piece window so i popped the hood and the actual box was a little dirty so i cleaned both off with a napkin and some spit but still errors on the dash after turning off and back on. i guess i will give it a thorough cleaning tomorrow morning but what the hell else could be causing these pcs errors...? i haven't driven through any dirty or bad weather climates so i have no idea why or what would cause this...

wow, as soon as i read about an issue it never fails that within a few weeks it happens to me thanks diplomacy

so did you fix yours??

i guess i will try my old plast-x if cleaning it and resetting the battery doesn't work tomorrow then.
i cleaned it so many times but its been a month now and i have it on my dash which really makes me mad

attach is the pic check it out

am sorry u got it too afta readin my issue

do let me know if u get it sorted
Attached Thumbnails Urgent help !!! Please about pcs message-img00038-20100612-2004.jpg  
Old 06-13-10, 07:48 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

check this thread out.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...em-errors.html
Old 06-13-10, 09:55 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

thanks for that link:

so i just unplugged my negative batter cable for 30+ mins to reset the computer. i left the hood up and then turned the car back on (after connecting the neg battery terminal ), since the hood was up i figured the check pcs error message would have to go away since the hood was up the little plastic window (dirty or not) was not infront of it. the error message was still there even with the hood up so i guess my plastic window being dirty is ruled out? would you guys agree that starting the car with the hood up rules out this plastic window being dirty??

thanks,

i was about to plast-x it but since the error message was still there with the hood up i figured i didn't have to worry about making sure the plastic window was 99% clean instead of 92% clean
Old 06-14-10, 06:56 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

would you guys agree that starting the car with the hood up rules out this plastic window being dirty?
Yes. it rules out the dirty sensor plate.

Lexus diagnosed my PCS problem for free. After they gave me the damage report estimate, i debated fixing myself or having them repair. I decided to have them do the repair in the end.
Old 06-18-10, 11:12 PM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DDLexus
Yes. it rules out the dirty sensor plate.

Lexus diagnosed my PCS problem for free. After they gave me the damage report estimate, i debated fixing myself or having them repair. I decided to have them do the repair in the end.
Today I will try to remove the negative battery cable and see if the message goes or not
Old 06-18-10, 11:35 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great link DDlexus, seems like the TSB may be the issue the thread starter is having. I wonder if they will cover his car based on the TSb still? Who knows,its unfair when TSb's happen years earlier but problems pop up years later. Hope the best for the thread starter and others with this issue because it sounds frustrating. L.G.N.M
Old 06-19-10, 06:28 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

its just a money issue for me. my car is starting to age at 64000 miles and it being an 05. i can't justify paying $1500 to fix a pcs error. i would rather put that 1500 towards a new car or some new wheels
Old 06-19-10, 07:44 AM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 201 Likes on 150 Posts

Have you checked the level bubble on the rear top of the RF plate? The top right hex screw adjusts the plate in the vertical direction, clockwise adjusts it up, counterclockwise adjusts it down. Approximately 0.67 degrees per turn.

To adjust the beam axis, you need special service tool 09870-60000 (or 09870-60010 or 09870-60040), which is a radar reflector. It has to be set to the exact same height as the RF plate, exactly 5 metres from the front of the car, and exactly 12 millimetres to the left of dead centre of the car.

Now you need a Toyota/Lexus-compatible scantool. There is a Radar Cruise menu, and a Beam Axis Adjust submenu. Keep all metal and people at least 20cm away from the radar. Hit enter and the tool will tell you where the reflector is (should say 5 metres / 16.41 ft). If it says 0, the sensor can't see the reflector, which is a whole other problem.

There will also be a reading for Left/Right degrees, between 0.0 and 6.3. You need to adjust the axis to be within 4.0 and 6.0. The bottom left hex screw adjusts the plate in the horizontal direction, ~0.21 degrees per turn. Example: If Left Side = 0.6 degrees, the divergence is 0.6 degrees left. Turn the screw clockwise about 3 times.

Now cover the sensor's right half with aluminum foil for 10 seconds to reset the driving learning values. The buzzer will sound for 10 seconds when this is complete.

Disconnect the tool and check the vertical level rack again, adjusting if necessary. Done!
The following users liked this post:
ALK (04-20-20)
Old 06-19-10, 12:23 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

ummm,, so i might not need to pay 1500 to fix it ^ ^ ^???
Old 06-19-10, 09:54 PM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

I tried removing the negative battery cable the message is still there on top of that i my radio channels were reset lol

Thank you for the info above but i find it too complicated hehe

Sojahhhhh did u get it sorted out yet ??
Old 06-20-10, 05:23 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

no luck here either. i thought i just needed to replace the whole thing but it sounds like there may be a fix or a recalibration (not sure if my is broke or just needs re-calibrated though). i plan on living with it cuz 1500 to fix something i rarely use is not gonna happen.
Old 06-22-10, 12:33 AM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

no luck here either. i thought i just needed to replace the whole thing but it sounds like there may be a fix or a recalibration (not sure if my is broke or just needs re-calibrated though). i plan on living with it cuz 1500 to fix something i rarely use is not gonna happen.
bro i need to get this thing sorted out its american spec and the dealers dont help out with the american specs lexus lol i need to check and outside person but they a bit far for me to go

plus i am really upset my ride picture isnt there anymore in the thread ...why why why i wanted to post new pics
Old 09-28-10, 09:46 AM
mndaves
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Check PCS Message

Driving home Saturday night the "Check PCS" message appeared. We have 78,000 miles on the car. Brought it into Lexus of Maplewood this morning and they just called to tell me the ECU is bad and they're replacing it under my CPO warranty. (I showed them the TSB from 2006 but they didn't seem too interested in it.)

Last edited by mndaves; 09-28-10 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-28-10, 11:44 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

my PCS message is gone and the whole things works again and there was much rejoice...

i noticed about a month ago that i was able to engage my cruise while going like 42mph and just figured that it somehow tricked the system,, about 2 weeks later it worked again at like 45 mph,, then last week i finally came to the conclusion that the error message was gone and the whole thing works again... i had the error message so long that my mind just blocked it out and i didn't even realize when it stopped showing up, weird

Quick Reply: Urgent help !!! Please about pcs message