LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

JP neckpillows..........

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-09, 06:43 PM
vbspunger
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JP neckpillows..........

So a friend of mine suprised me with some JP neck pillows for my birthday on saturday. And I was really excited to put in my first VIP interior excessory until i sat in the seat and realized if your not the right hieght that they are completely useless. I'm 5'9" and they kinda just work for me but my girl who is around 5'0" they don't work so well. And don't even try sitting in the the back seat with them unless your like 4'11" they hit me under my shoulder blades. These things are bricks too. I just expected a little more comfort from a well known vip company.
Old 06-07-09, 08:00 PM
jeffreyma
Driver School Candidate

yeah i think its definitely just more for a cosmetic effect, I think I would feel trapped if that thing was around my neck. atleast it looks kinda cool, other than that they are x=
Old 06-07-09, 08:03 PM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreyma
yeah i think its definitely just more for a cosmetic effect, I think I would feel trapped if that thing was around my neck. atleast it looks kinda cool, other than that they are x=
I got one for a Flight to Bangkok,, they are great,,, but look stupid when you see someone walking with it on their neck. Mine gets pretty hot at times. But works well,, Not in my Lexus.. as the Head rest works fine.
Old 06-07-09, 08:03 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

I think they're more for looks than for comfort. I've never been comfortable adding them to any of my cars because I think they'd be extremely hazardous in a rear-end crash. For certain none of the manufacturer / government crash test don't expect them to be there - seems like a good way to break your neck.
Old 06-07-09, 08:07 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i personally like the bellezza more. smaller and they used memory foam. however the jp one is cheap and people believe in "vip is jp" so i sold more of the jp one
Old 06-07-09, 08:54 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

they work great for me....as far as them feeling like a brick...you gotta break them in! But books on them for a couple of days....and they will be soft.....that should help
Old 06-07-09, 10:32 PM
jeffreyma
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by junjdm
they work great for me....as far as them feeling like a brick...you gotta break them in! But books on them for a couple of days....and they will be soft.....that should help
oh i didn't think about them not being broken in yet, hopefully theres a big difference
Old 06-07-09, 10:34 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got them just for looks, I don't rest my neck on the headrest when I drive anyway,
Old 06-08-09, 01:29 AM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

i also got them for looks (thanks REV-01)
they are hard but like what other people did,i replaced the hard foam with pillow stuffing and now they are nice,soft and comfortable.

i only have them on the back and when i recline the seats,its at a perfect height for my neck.im about 5'5"-5'6"
Old 06-08-09, 06:10 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

LOL I'm going to get me some orthopedic shoes for looks.

j/k
Old 06-08-09, 07:36 AM
CG lover
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can see what you mean about needing to be 4'6" to be able to use them,,

was thinking about something for the front as the head rest needs to come forward about two more inches for my use, I'm 6'4",, can see if they hang below the original they certainly would not work,,

Derry
Old 06-09-09, 07:08 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I think they're more for looks than for comfort. I've never been comfortable adding them to any of my cars because I think they'd be extremely hazardous in a rear-end crash. For certain none of the manufacturer / government crash test don't expect them to be there - seems like a good way to break your neck.
I totally agree. I would not want to be in a rear-end collision with those behind my neck. the same goes for these "JDM" wooden tables and cup holders that a passenger can slam into in the event of a collision.
Old 06-09-09, 11:16 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they just need to be broken in (at least mines did) and i'm like 5'7'' and my 1 (drivers side) jp neck pad works great for me. my step father who is like 6'3'' drove my car the other day and it hit him in the shoulder blades and he asked me what the shoulder pad thing was for... i said my head doesn't scrape the suede roof when i drive...
Old 06-09-09, 11:56 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
I totally agree. I would not want to be in a rear-end collision with those behind my neck. the same goes for these "JDM" wooden tables and cup holders that a passenger can slam into in the event of a collision.
LOL They were calling them VIP Neck Snappers when they first came out but they weren't moving any units, so they changed the name to neck pillows.
Old 06-09-09, 12:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by I6turbo
LOL They were calling them VIP Neck Snappers when they first came out but they weren't moving any units, so they changed the name to neck pillows.
Lol... I was thinking they were called "RIP" instead of "VIP"

Quick Reply: JP neckpillows..........