LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Check VSC VSC off

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-18, 02:30 AM
roshanvi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello and greeting from Dubai. I just had to create an account at club lexus to thank you for your input. This forum is so helpful to the folks outside US.
I recently purchased a used LS430 and it had the "VSC off" lights switched on. Reading this article, jumping the OBD connectors solved the issue. Thank you so much FYOUNES
Old 03-10-18, 09:52 AM
BigBoomer
Instructor

Received 240 Likes on 195 Posts

Hi all, new LS430 (2004) owner here. When I first got it it had Check Engine/VSC Off lights on.
Plugged in an ODB2 scanner and got P0151 so have ordered bank2 sensor1 to fix it.
Then I bought a Techstream cable/Software and since I have connected that (doesn't work) my old ODB2 scanner no longer connects. I just get "Cannot link to ECU".
Have disconnected the battery but no change.
Any ideas/advice?
Thanks
Old 06-20-18, 01:10 PM
rub737
Driver School Candidate

I have a Lexus IS350 2011 after I replace left engine mount, the slip indicator light come on, I did the reset Jumping DLC3 and also Zero point calibration I used this procedure.... https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/zer...sensor.280577/

Works ����
Old 06-21-18, 05:34 PM
SlkySmooth
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoomer
Hi all, new LS430 (2004) owner here. When I first got it it had Check Engine/VSC Off lights on.
Plugged in an ODB2 scanner and got P0151 so have ordered bank2 sensor1 to fix it.
Then I bought a Techstream cable/Software and since I have connected that (doesn't work) my old ODB2 scanner no longer connects. I just get "Cannot link to ECU".
Have disconnected the battery but no change.
Any ideas/advice?
Thanks
What operating system did you install techstream onto?
Old 08-26-18, 05:44 PM
jjj240
Driver School Candidate

What year is your LS?
Following directions (multiple approach) in the thread does not work for 2005 LS430.

Anyone with 2005 LS succeed in VSC off?

Originally Posted by BradTank
I think I may have figured out the issue.

Attached is a TSB from Toyota regarding other models.

According to the bulletin, you basically have to short and connect two strands of wire after inserting them into the proper ports 4 times as opposed to just "jumping" the ports and leaving them in place.

I seem to have gotten the light to turn off.

From Toyota:

Zero Point Calibration of Yaw Rate and Deceleration Sensors Using SST 09843–18040.
When having replaced the yaw rate sensor, deceleration sensor or the ECU, perform the process for zero point of yaw rate and deceleration sensors as shown below.
1. Ensure the shift lever is in “P” range.
2. Turn the ignition switch ON.
3. Using SST 09843–18040, repeat a cycle of short and open between terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 4 times or more within 8 seconds. Verify that the VSC indicator light is lit indicating the recorded zero point is erased.
4. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
5. Be sure the terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 are disconnected.
6. Turn the ignition switch ON.
7. Check that the VSC warning light goes off about 15 seconds after the ignition switch is turned ON.
8. After ensuring that the VSC warning light remains OFF for 2 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
9. Connect the terminal Ts and CG of DLC3 using SST 09843–18040.
10. Turn the ignition switch ON.
11. After turning the ignition switch ON, check that the VSC warning light is lit for about 4 seconds and then starts quick blinking at
0.13 second intervals.
Old 10-06-18, 09:39 AM
PeabodyPDX
Driver School Candidate

Just got my car back from it's first time to a non-dealer. Took it in for a check engine light (which codes were pulled and problem fixed, not related to VSC).
Had the VSC Off / Check VSC issue when I picked it up.
Knowing he's probably never seen an '01 UL I tried the reset procedure outlined above.
Magic! You guys are awesome!
(Forwarding this thread to my mechanic now...heh.)
Old 10-07-18, 02:28 PM
Neverdone
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a wierd issue with vsc since I bought it. Sometimes when I first start the car and I have my foot on the brake, the check vsc/vsc off lights come on, i get off the brake and it goes off....sometimes it happens if i brake hard as well, but not very often...

any ideas?
Old 11-02-18, 04:48 AM
Madvtecbro
Driver School Candidate

Just had my oil changed and I guess they check for codes on the obd as part of it so when I left the vsc light came on just down the road, went back and asked if they could have damaged anything, was thinking wheel speed sensor or something and of course they said no, so I left pretty discouraged thinking about how much this would cost to fix, but when I got home checked on here and found that its a common issue with the obd check, jumped the connections as stated and light went right off, amazing, this site has so much good info thanks everyone who contributed
Old 10-08-19, 03:50 AM
biacs
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Madvtecbro
Just had my oil changed and I guess they check for codes on the obd as part of it so when I left the vsc light came on just down the road, went back and asked if they could have damaged anything, was thinking wheel speed sensor or something and of course they said no, so I left pretty discouraged thinking about how much this would cost to fix, but when I got home checked on here and found that its a common issue with the obd check, jumped the connections as stated and light went right off, amazing, this site has so much good info thanks everyone who contributed
I bought a wifi obd scanner and ipohone app- the jumpers are marked wrong on several posts for my year. It nice to plug in and see the codes and clear them myself.

If they opened the airbox for the filter and didnt close tight, that may cause the evap codes. And as always the ol gas cap. Its kind of funny the biggest issue is just clearing bogus codes.
Old 10-28-23, 10:48 AM
Ricklin
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Holy jumpin catfish!!

Paperclip reset did not work for me at all 2005 UL. I fired up Techstream, my right front wheel speed sensor is bad. I replaced both hubs with high quality hubs, it's only a year or two old. A new front hub comes with the speed sensor attached.
Now here is why I posted.
Local auto parts store 548.97 for the speed sensor, heck a new hub is about 200 bucks and comes with a new speed sensor.
Ebay to the rescue of course, quality part is 50 bucks, no name is 25 bucks. Just a touch less than the locals. This is the most gross example of overcharging I think I have seen. I'll assume it's insurance related given it impacts ABS.
Old 02-04-24, 08:01 PM
canuya
4th Gear

Default Old thread but

I appreciate this thread and it helped me out after my scanner made my car go stupid dumb.
Old 02-05-24, 02:18 AM
BigBoomer
Instructor

Received 240 Likes on 195 Posts

I just realised I never posted the fix for my problem with the ODB2 scanner and Techstream way back in 2018.
One of the pins in the ODB2 socket in the drivers footwell had been pushed in, so wasn't making contact.
I popped the socket out and pressed the pin back in and then potted the back of all the pins with epoxy.
Since then I have connected both my scanner and my Techstream cable with no problems.

I use Techstream 12 running on Windows 10 and it works fine.