LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Check VSC VSC off

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-17, 04:46 PM
coug66
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

replaced all of my coils to fix two bad coils.

did spark plugs and then reset ECU. ECU clear but VSC light came back on and the exclamation light came on with it.

did the jumper reset and all the warning lights are gone.

Thanks for this informative write up! this how to saved me a bunch of worry.
Old 06-29-17, 06:03 PM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 675 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by BradTank
I would also like to know the answer to this.

I followed the procedure of jumpering the terminals as outlined in this thread, and only the "AFS Off" light flashes when I do it. The VSC never flashes, and continues to come on as before when the car is started.

I have no trouble codes or check engine lights, but I can't get these other lights to stop coming on.
Mine is a 2004, maybe the procedure changed for the model refresh?
For the 04-06 LS430, the reset procedure includes pumping the brake a few times to reset the VSC warning light. Here's how...

Old 07-08-17, 01:12 PM
tman9999
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Love this forum! Had both the CEL and VSC on my RX300. Managed to get codes from a mechanic (who said he really isn't supposed to give me that info), and bought an O2 sensor off Amazon, based on a post in this forum. Followed some tips (brake fluid works well to get threads unstuck - who knew?), and got the sensor replaced.

VSC was still on, though, even after battery disconnect/and fuse pull. More searches turned up this thread. Just did the jumper procedure between 3 and 5, turned ignition to off. Turned back on and started it, and voila - no lights! Now just hoping it all "sticks"!

Thanks, all, for your excellent help!!

Tom
Old 07-09-17, 01:15 PM
dubsta1
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default check vsc vsc off

Originally Posted by PilotSmith
This is what I have in my Lexus folder and it works for me.

This originally had the wrong position. The diagram on this scan is with the corrected jumper wire position.
used paper clip..worked like a charm
The following users liked this post:
roshanvi (03-07-18)
Old 08-12-17, 10:35 PM
Mulch
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Worked for my 2003 GS300

I have a 2003 GS300. I connected a cheap Head Up Display (HUD) from eBay to the OBDII port and ended up with VSC and VSC Off lights coming on as soon as the car started moving. I disconnected the HUD but still had the VSC and VSC Off lights coming on when the car started moving.
I applied the reset method using FYOUNES dlc.bmp picture and the VSC and VSC Off lights are no longer coming on.
I'll need to throw the car around a bit to check the VSC is working however am guessing it will be.
Thanks very much..
Old 08-13-17, 05:13 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Is it old technology? I find it very strange that it seems there "is" an official method of clearing codes by disconnecting the battery (per the doc pasted in the thread, although not for VSC).

My thoughts are the code indicates a problem, the correct procedure would be to investigate what that the problem is, and that the car should have information regarding it. Again, maybe it's because the cars are 2001-2006 that it's like that. I guess I'm used to plugging in the BMW with a laptop, and it will show what happened at what mileage (although in km), and at what rpm. So if the car comes in with or without a service engine light lit, it's documented that something happened and was cleared out at what rpm/mileage etc....

At any rate if my LS throws any codes, of course I would like to clear them as well, time will tell as I got a bluetooth OBDII and torque pro but haven't used it....
Old 08-13-17, 06:59 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I've never seen a code in my car.
Old 10-22-17, 11:00 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

I just had this scenario happen in my 2001. I am getting the CEL for a P0430 O2 sensor, and I goofed up by unplugging the scanner while the key was on. I immediately got the "Check VSC VSC Off" warning and it won't go away. So, I'll be able to try out the reset with a paperclip...
Old 10-26-17, 08:19 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Did the VSC reset on the OBD connector a few days ago. Super easy and it reset as advertised. Thanks to all those who posted about this issue.
Old 11-20-17, 01:49 PM
avnishm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile VSC and Engine Light on IS 250 2007

I started having VSC and Engine Light on IS 250 2007 past few days and asked Lexus about the same. They said I have to bring it to Lexus service for diagnostics since there like 250 codes.I read on this forum that it could be due to fuel cap not being tight. I replaced the fuel cap bought at Advanced Auto and the problem is gone..
Thanks everyone for help sharing your experiences. It certainly helped..
Old 12-28-17, 12:59 PM
heymatey
Driver School Candidate

Just jumped the upper third from left and lower 5th from left circuits with a paperclip and it turned off the red triangle with exclamation point & VSC Off lights. Thanks all!
Old 12-29-17, 07:10 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

I had been messing with techstream the other day with my height sensors and my VSC came on for the first time the next day. It was pretty humid and rainy out, I tried it again last night and it went away. On my 5 series I noticed I would get stuff like driving and steering malfunction lights when it was very humid and rainy out, they can mess with the sensors. They would usually clear shortly after in the day.
Old 01-12-18, 09:19 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

I'm running into c1336 after I've been using my scanner, tech stream and working on my air suspension. Any ideas how I can get rid of this? I tried the obd jump pin method but I never have the VSC light come on after I turn to on position. It only comes on after I drive. Perhaps I can do this calibration with techstream?

Edit:
A little bit after posting this I connected my techstream and went into the VSC ECU. I did a reset but it came back on, I think went into TEST MODE which recalibrate it and SUCCESS!! The light no longer comes on after driving, the pin method didn't work for me but this worked great. Hope I can help someone else who runs into this.

Last edited by e60bmw; 01-12-18 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-02-18, 11:10 AM
byefi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well just got a 2002 ls430 and it had the 'vsc off' message. Did the shorting trick and bam the anti skid lil car lights up realtime when in the snow doing its thing. The car is a new machine in the snow now, what. a. difference. I am in shock with the capability of this car. Who says this car can't be fun. The best 1500$ I ever spent in my life. Yup that is no typo error.

I thank those that figured out the how to with codes.

I add that my Y pipe had a few holes so changed that..some of the pipe in the middle was plugged with some of the inside porous part of the central catalytic so had a message and yes was blocked somewhat. Had the red triangle and engine light. All off now.
I have now changed the timing and serpentine belts, h2o pump and tensioners ect kit by Conti. Local guy did it for 600$ CDN tax in. So happy because I was very nervous about the unknown belt condition. I ask why not have a clear plastic timing belt cover to see the belt for cracks and basic condition.

Anyways..
This car makes me smile every day.

Last edited by byefi; 02-02-18 at 11:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mhm3 (03-08-20)
Old 03-06-18, 08:00 PM
tman2th
Driver School Candidate

I just used this to reset the VSC on my 2003 LS 430 and it worked like a charm! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Check VSC VSC off