Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000)
What are the best aftermarket engine and transmission mounts? >

What are the best aftermarket engine and transmission mounts?

Notices
LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

What are the best aftermarket engine and transmission mounts?

 
Old 02-18-19, 06:57 PM
  #16  
Shawnrbu89
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AlaskanLS View Post
My car didn't had any engine vibration. Whenever I cranked the engine, it would make a thud noise but beside that it was running smooth. I have the transmission mount in stock but I am not changing it till summer because the one installed is already working fine.
I do need to change the rear stabilizer bar bushing because those are all cracked. I couldn't find rear stabilizer bar bushing, so I ended up buying Daizen set for front and rear. I replaced front busing 4 months ago.
By the way the thud noise went away after changing engine mounts.
Anybody buy the OEM motor mounts from LexusPartsNow.com
Part # 12361-50020 is $70.69 each + shipping (says its replaced by 12361-50021) and then that part says is replaced by 12361-50101 - which are both at higher 143.30 each + shipping.
Seems like it will let you buy the 50020 version at $70.69 each and since those old models are disco'd it seems like they would sent you the updated part - anybody try to buy the $70.69 part successfully - 2 mounts would be $157.38 (including $16 shipping)?
Shawnrbu89 is offline  
Old 02-19-19, 12:59 AM
  #17  
AlaskanLS
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 245
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shawnrbu89 View Post
Anybody buy the OEM motor mounts from LexusPartsNow.com
Part # 12361-50020 is $70.69 each + shipping (says its replaced by 12361-50021) and then that part says is replaced by 12361-50101 - which are both at higher 143.30 each + shipping.
Seems like it will let you buy the 50020 version at $70.69 each and since those old models are disco'd it seems like they would sent you the updated part - anybody try to buy the $70.69 part successfully - 2 mounts would be $157.38 (including $16 shipping)?
I have tried buying (12361-50020) those with cheaper price tag from many websites including lexuspartsnow but they said those are discontinued and refunded me my money back. The one they have in stock are the one which costs 143.30.
Beck/Arnley are working fine for me. On their website it says that part number 12361-50020 is in stock but in fact it is not.
AlaskanLS is offline  
Old 02-19-19, 01:27 PM
  #18  
YODAONE
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 1,523
Received 150 Likes on 127 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AlaskanLS View Post
I have tried buying (12361-50020) those with cheaper price tag from many websites including lexuspartsnow but they said those are discontinued and refunded me my money back. The one they have in stock are the one which costs 143.30.
Beck/Arnley are working fine for me. On their website it says that part number 12361-50020 is in stock but in fact it is not.
A Lexus Dealer informed you motor mounts are discontinued??
YODAONE is offline  
Old 02-19-19, 03:40 PM
  #19  
Moarpower
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Qld
Posts: 696
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Default

The mounts in general are not discontinued. That particular part number has been replaced by another. I bought some for my old ls400 and the ones that arrived were not the old part number so I got a refund.

Do lexuspartnow ship internationally
Moarpower is offline  
Old 02-19-19, 07:37 PM
  #20  
Shawnrbu89
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the replies all. Shawn

Think I found some of the 12361-50101 on ebay for under $100 each with GeniunePartsPlanet - looks like NOS parts reseller but not exactly sure.

Please reply if anyone has had back luck with this seller. They seem legit from reviews.
Shawnrbu89 is offline  
Old 02-19-19, 07:37 PM
  #21  
AlaskanLS
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 245
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by YODAONE View Post
A Lexus Dealer informed you motor mounts are discontinued??
I didn't go to dealer, I order parts online from websites like lexuspartsnow. I believe dealers don't have them either. The one they have are 140 dollars a piece.
AlaskanLS is offline  
Old 02-19-19, 07:45 PM
  #22  
AlaskanLS
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 245
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shawnrbu89 View Post
Thanks for the replies all. Shawn

Think I found some of the 12361-50101 on ebay for under $100 each with GeniunePartsPlanet - looks like NOS parts reseller but not exactly sure.

Please reply if anyone has had back luck with this seller. They seem legit from reviews.
They have them listed on Amazon also for 79.98. Their feedback on eBay excellent. I don't think they will sell any counterfeit. But I just had a chat with Chinese manufacturer and he told me that they can make copy of any discontinued part, I was looking for bushing which are discontinued and he told me that he can sell me the same exact replica but I have to buy them in bulk.
AlaskanLS is offline  
Old 02-19-19, 07:47 PM
  #23  
AlaskanLS
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 245
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Moarpower View Post
The mounts in general are not discontinued. That particular part number has been replaced by another. I bought some for my old ls400 and the ones that arrived were not the old part number so I got a refund.

Do lexuspartnow ship internationally
Go to their website and click help that will open up chat with a live person, you can ask if they have what u need in stock plus they will also tell u international shipping fee.
AlaskanLS is offline  
Old 02-19-19, 09:06 PM
  #24  
Shawnrbu89
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the tip on Amazon - best pricing there AlaskanLS!

Shawn
Shawnrbu89 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What are the best aftermarket engine and transmission mounts?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: