LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

The engine runs one second after startup and then goes out.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-18, 09:22 AM
shawny
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry The engine runs one second after startup and then goes out.

......Now I have a very big problem my 1uzfe, I am very stressed.
I connected wire like a diagram and video on YouTube.
I have a gas pump outside the tank. But not a problem, I wonder why the engine does not work. I check everything is fine,
fire spark, fuel good
I saw the teaching of the main wiring to make the engine work.
1, 2 wire black / red, big and small
2, 2 wire black / orange, big and small
3, 1 wire bigblack for starter
nsw have +
1 and 2 hookup 12 v +
ground is good
The ignitors have ground
The rest are connected thường.
Or ecu will crash
my ecu 26,22,16,26 plug
Can someone help?
I'm going crazy

Last edited by shawny; 02-28-18 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-28-18, 10:38 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

We can't help because you gave us no information. What year car? What video on youtube there are thousands of youtube pictures.
So is the engine not in a car? Reason it won't run is its not getting some signal it needs to run. Have you ever seen it run? Did you do something and now it does not run?
Tell us more stuff.
Old 02-28-18, 06:26 PM
shawny
Driver School Candidate

Is so bad in mymine having any question.

Last edited by shawny; 02-28-18 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-28-18, 09:18 PM
shawny
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dicer
We can't help because you gave us no information. What year car? What video on youtube there are thousands of youtube pictures.
So is the engine not in a car? Reason it won't run is its not getting some signal it needs to run. Have you ever seen it run? Did you do something and now it does not run?
Tell us more stuff.
I think this engine was in ls400
yes i've seen engine run that's right no problem

Everything is ok and ready to start then i switched to crank it's working sound like good but boom 1-2 sec for run try to start again it's not run.
Before ,the engine run normally. I wondering if cold start do not work while starting will result engine die.? ,now, what i can check?
all wire coil has fire and fuel pressure normal,i igniters test like method in some channel on youtube i've seen my igniters is work normal and coil, yes same it's work everything ,I suspect the injectors may not work after starting the engine,same like ecu send cut signal to injectors after start

what happened????, i so sad
In my head have much question for ark knowledgeable people if you know, i want you to tell me in my email -tattheptupocha@gmail.com
Old 03-01-18, 06:00 AM
Scraape
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by shawny
i think this engine was in ls400
yes i've seen engine run that's right no problem

everything is ok and ready to start then i switched to crank it's working sound like good but boom 1-2 sec for run try to start again it's not run.
Before ,the engine run normally. I wondering if cold start do not work while starting will result engine die.? ,now, what i can check?
All wire coil has fire and fuel pressure normal,i igniters test like method in some channel on youtube i've seen my igniters is work normal and coil, yes same it's work everything ,i suspect the injectors may not work after starting the engine,same like ecu send cut signal to injectors after start

what happened????, i so sad
in my head have much question for ark knowledgeable people if you know, i want you to tell me in my email -tattheptupocha@gmail.com
maf??????????
Old 03-01-18, 08:26 AM
shawny
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Scraape
maf??????????
nope it's connected normal
Old 03-01-18, 01:03 PM
Yamae
Forum Moderator

Received 898 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by shawny
nope it's connected normal
LOL. What Scraape meant to say was the output signal of the MAF. He is a skilled person and he is not saying only about the connection. Check it measuring the voltage at the start up. I have experienced several problems caused by the MAF which sent irregular voltage too high or too low to the ECU and the engine was forced to stop although it was able to start.

Another item to be checked would be the fuel injection switching. The drive method of injectors are switched from the starting mode to the normal mode right after the engine is started. When the switching is failed, the engine can't continue to run.

To check these, an oscilloscope is preferred to use. Without it, you'd have a hard time to analyze.
Old 03-01-18, 08:52 PM
shawny
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Yamae
LOL. What Scraape meant to say was the output signal of the MAF. He is a skilled person and he is not saying only about the connection. Check it measuring the voltage at the start up. I have experienced several problems caused by the MAF which sent irregular voltage too high or too low to the ECU and the engine was forced to stop although it was able to start.

Another item to be checked would be the fuel injection switching. The drive method of injectors are switched from the starting mode to the normal mode right after the engine is started. When the switching is failed, the engine can't continue to run.

To check these, an oscilloscope is preferred to use. Without it, you'd have a hard time to analyze.
how to check this what wire to check but i wondering problem is about wring issue
Old 03-02-18, 12:15 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

You will need to know what car what year etc. Then go to the Toyota information site and look at the wiring diagrams. Also they will have the manuals for trouble shooting the problem and the different tests to make. I think it costs $15 for 2 days, others have just copied the manuals they need in that time.
Old 03-03-18, 07:07 PM
shawny
Driver School Candidate

Now engine work i fixed problem
Problem is one black wire near bigblack wire not pair with bigblack
But when hook up together then start it's wont start (black small wire is cold start injector cold start has two wire black one and blackred but blackred in my ecu plug pin not have wire out sure when i start cold start not working cause problem now i grounded this wire engine keep running . The small black wire i told you if i pair it with big black when i start it wont start but i pair with ignsw (it on alway) engine will work now i wondering when engine working cold start will work all time ? Or work for start only. While engine working i remove wire ground ( black/red) in cold start injector engine will stop i wanna know while engine working injector will work all 9 or 8 you can tell me?

(I'm sorry for some word you may not understand im not so good for speak english hahha i never translate im thailand) apologies.