LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Wheel fitment

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-14, 10:58 PM
ocr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shmee
Vrwheels will relip any wheel you you buy from them.
I would posibaly buy the wheels first to gerentee I get the wheels and save up to redo the lips later depending on what the total cost would be.

I would suggest you stay away from polished lips and black faces. That is a beyond dated look that has fallen well out of favor.
If I do buy this I would strip the faces and polish or powder coat them. most likely I would powder coat them with something fancy as I can get powder coating done for free, I just need the powder.

The cars that stand out follow a pretty simple formula:
Drop => wheels => exterior => interior.
I'm wanting to do wheels and drop at the same time. I might just suck it up and do inly one for now.

The nice part about expensive wheels is that if you ever upgrade to a nice UCF20 or even 30, they can go with you!
True.
Old 05-08-14, 11:21 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the point was to do the drop first then the wheels, at the same time is also fine... but wheels first THEN drop always looks stupid, imho.
Old 05-09-14, 05:37 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

functionality over form? or visa versa? its your car do as u see fit, don't mod or alter ur car to appease others taste..at the end of the day (I hate that cliché) its ur car and u r the one driving and looking at it everyday..personally I am not worried what others think about my car on an internet forum.
Old 05-09-14, 10:35 AM
ocr
Pole Position

well poop.. I just found out those wheels are 1 pc wheels, so I cant redo the lips.

but I did find this Lowenhart 19x8+36 wheels for $850. These wheels I can clearly tell are 3 pc wheels. bad thing is, I just called them and they said they are welded together. ughh. FML

http://www.vrwheels.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=3361

I don't really want to run spacers.

anyone have any ideas that can solve my problem?

Last edited by ocr; 05-09-14 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-09-14, 11:02 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

slow your roll
save
buy better wheels.
Old 05-09-14, 11:38 AM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ Seriously....

Drop => wheels => everything else.
Do you even know what look you want yet? Post pics of what you want, we can better advise you of how to get there.

Time is on your side, and while VRwheels has some good buys once in a while, their prices have gone up A LOT lately. All their wheels are used/rebuilt/refinished, much like Memoryfab.com

Go and start looking in the classifieds on here and on other forums like VIPSTLECARS.com, stanceworks, stancenation, vwvortex, wrongfitmentcrew, Wheel*****s, libertyvip and others.

I was in your situation... I always wanted the wheels I have now but everywhere I looked they where about 2x what I could afford. Searched for months and was almost about to buy a set of MMR H2s when I picked up a set of nice welded 3pc wheels that needed to be rebuilt for cheap, ended up not liking them and fliped them for a nice profit. Never stopped looking and luck would have it I stumbled upon the wheels I have now in a 2year old thread that had been dead for over a year. Took a shot and the seller still had them, he did and I got them for $250 more than what I sold the other wheels for! They were finished with black faces and machine cut lips, but as you said and know: changing the finish on the faces of multipiece wheels is not hard. Ended up getting a gift from FEDEX as they dumped the wheels off a loading sock and bent each wheel progressively worse than the next. And ended up paying for a complete refinish of the wheels! And here I am.

There was a lot of luck in that process for me but deals are out there... Find something you truly like and make it happen. Buying some s**ty/ugly wheels for the sake of buying wheels is always a BAD choice.

Search and find a look you want, find a set of wheels you truly like and figure out how to make it happen.
With your car lowered, you can take measurements and see how much room you have to work with and what you can get away with....

None of the wheels you have posted so far will be snapping necks...
Old 05-11-14, 01:29 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Default Step one to snappin' necks!

Here you go, baller wheels that should fit fairly well. Might need a spacer in the front....
Insane deal and perfect to relip:

http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/showthread.php?41106-FS-socal-WEDS-LXZ
Old 05-13-14, 03:24 PM
ocr
Pole Position

nice wheels, but I think I'm just going to put off wheels for a bit. I decided I wanted my radio and sub done first. That will give me time to save up for some baller wheels that will fit perfict.
Old 05-13-14, 07:25 PM
ocr
Pole Position

Dagnabit! I was trying to buy some wheel spacers so I could temporaly run my 18" Rota Grids with out being hella sunk in and the seller sold them out from under me. It was going to be $145 shipped for 15mm front and 22mm rear spacers. said I would pay as soon as I charged my phone and he said ok, then sold them to someone else. friggen mean guy.

Last edited by PureDrifter; 05-14-14 at 10:51 AM. Reason: language....
Old 05-13-14, 09:41 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

money in hand wins, bro... dibs is for suckers!
Old 05-14-14, 11:27 AM
ocr
Pole Position

I think I talked him into giving me the spacers as I upped the amount I was willing to pay from $145 shipped to $170 shipped.