LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

OEM Celsior Badges

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-08, 03:39 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Default OEM Celsior Badges

I am going to go to Japan at the end of this year, and was going to bring some LS goodies back with me.

However, came up on this deal, what do you guys think (I am impatient)

Celsior badges for the rear. "T" for the rear and front included.

All original, brand new OEM. All badges for 90$

Good deal, bad deal?

Also if someone has pics of a 1995 LS front/rear shot with the original JDM badges, would be great, so I can compare with the set I may buy.

Don't want the pic of the white car that is floating around, he doesn't have the left badges. Thanks!
Old 07-30-08, 07:44 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The celsior has not rear Toyota script on the T in the center and celsior to the right. The front grille one is one screw and pops in.
Old 07-30-08, 10:07 PM
Mugen_1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a good deal to me seeing as I payed $75 for the grille "T" alone...

And he's right...the JDM Celsior doesn't have anything on the left side of the trunk.

Here's a pic of a real Celsior courtest of j-garage.com:
Attached Thumbnails OEM Celsior Badges-88541573.jpg  
Old 07-30-08, 10:09 PM
Mugen_1
Lexus Test Driver

And one from the front just for good measure:

The center caps are what I'm after...
Attached Thumbnails OEM Celsior Badges-88541572.jpg  
Old 07-30-08, 11:40 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

that would mean you have to basically shave the trunk in order to run the actual JDM badging since the USDM cars have holes on the driver side for "Lexus"
Old 07-31-08, 09:19 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
that would mean you have to basically shave the trunk in order to run the actual JDM badging since the USDM cars have holes on the driver side for "Lexus"
I wonder if I can run "toyota" on the right side and if it would look silly.

If I am shaving, then I am throwing all badges in the garbage.
Old 07-31-08, 12:00 PM
rgindallas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan,

Having followed your posts on the modding your new ride, I applaud you for creating "your" work of art. I'm in to that as well. Being unique is cool in my book.

However, this is my opinion, and only that, you do what you want to get the look you like::
anything toyota related, because there is a monetary step down betewen lex an toy, to me, wouldn't be in keeping with the status of the car.

Only my 2 cents...the celsior badged cars I've seen here are sweet, but for me, I'm sticking with lexus and ls400 and the "L" badging or removing some or all for a "clean" look.

RG
Old 07-31-08, 12:05 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rgindallas
Ryan,

Having followed your posts on the modding your new ride, I applaud you for creating "your" work of art. I'm in to that as well. Being unique is cool in my book.

However, this is my opinion, and only that, you do what you want to get the look you like::
anything toyota related, because there is a monetary step down betewen lex an toy, to me, wouldn't be in keeping with the status of the car.

Only my 2 cents...the celsior badged cars I've seen here are sweet, but for me, I'm sticking with lexus and ls400 and the "L" badging or removing some or all for a "clean" look.

RG
RG,

Thank you for your post, and I certainly applaud your opinion. I certainly don't want to get into a Toyota vs. Lexus debate, as I have read that on this forum over and over.

I appreciate your input, and since it seems like I can't get a "left side" trunk badge to cover the holes, I will not be shaving the trunk. If I shave the trunk, I throw all badges away, for the clean look, which I like in all my cars.

Thus rest assured, seems like the "L" stuff is all staying.

Ironic thing is (I spend a lot of time in Asia), and people are always swapping orange lights for their clear (we are doing the opposite) and switching the toyotas for the Lexus badges, while here we are searching for the aristos/soarers/celsiors.

Grass is always greener I suppose.
Old 07-31-08, 12:09 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

yea its funny, in the east they go for the USDM look (well some of them) and over here we go for the JDM look. i have the authentic celsior badge sitting in my room after winning it in a raffle but debating if i should do the emblem swap. iirc the toyota is on the right side next to the Celsior badge.
Old 07-31-08, 12:39 PM
Mugen_1
Lexus Test Driver

Ryan, I mentioned it to you before but I'll post it again on here for others:

On mine when I took my trunk badges off, I was left with the decision to either:

a) repaint the trunk, eliminate the holes, and play with the badges which would've been over $300 (at that crappy body shop I mentioned in the "Emblems" thread)

or

b) Find something to just cover up the holes left by the Lexus script on the left side of the trunk since the "T" covered the "L" holes and "Celsior" covered the "LS400" ones.

I chose the latter and found a 6.5" x 1.5" Toyota script which covers one of the holes, leaving one more hole to be covered by a yet-to-be-determined marquee. I thought about placing a small Japanese flag badge over it, but deemed it too tacky in the end. For now it remains uncovered.
Old 07-31-08, 12:42 PM
rsg
Pole Position

I agree with not replacing the Lexus logo with Toyota. People might think you have an Avalon, or worse, a Camry. If you want it to look different, maybe just replace the LS400 with Celsior?
Old 07-31-08, 12:43 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mugen_1
Ryan, I mentioned it to you before but I'll post it again on here for others:

On mine when I took my trunk badges off, I was left with the decision to either:

a) repaint the trunk, eliminate the holes, and play with the badges which would've been over $300 (at that crappy body shop I mentioned in the "Emblems" thread)

or

b) Find something to just cover up the holes left by the Lexus script on the left side of the trunk since the "T" covered the "L" holes and "Celsior" covered the "LS400" ones.

I chose the latter and found a 6.5" x 1.5" Toyota script which covers one of the holes, leaving one more hole to be covered by a yet-to-be-determined marquee. I thought about placing a small Japanese flag badge over it, but deemed it too tacky in the end. For now it remains uncovered.
I am way too **** to drive a car with an exposed hole in it. To give you an example, my RHD 67 cooper, the right side mirror broke (in my own garage). It is a very rare part (the style I have) and it took me 8.5 months to find it in London. I refused to drive the car for that 8.5 months with a broken mirror.

Mind you, in a small car like that, with all the vibrations, the mirrors are worthless, but to me I won't drive an imperfect car.
Old 07-31-08, 12:43 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rsg
I agree with not replacing the Lexus logo with Toyota. People might think you have an Avalon, or worse, a Camry. If you want it to look different, maybe just replace the LS400 with Celsior?
You either do it right, or don't do it all. If Celsior, than you have to go Toyota. If L, you have to stay LS400, in my humble opinion.
Old 07-31-08, 09:00 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Get a spoiler and it covers the hole so you have choices after and the trunk does not need to be filled.
Old 07-31-08, 09:13 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

anything JDM

Quick Reply: OEM Celsior Badges