LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

JIC FLT-A2's

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-07, 11:30 PM
KilaWombat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JIC FLT-A2's

I read a lot of good things about these coilovers (JIC FLT-A2's) for the first gen LS. Where can these be purchased from and how much are they?

What other coilovers do others recommend?
Old 01-17-07, 11:55 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

approx $1800 and any shop/vendor that sells JIC stuff. Carson, MVP, and Bulletproof should all be able to help you get htem.

there isnt really much choice for 1st gen coilovers.

Leo at Luxurymods sells the the WALD coilovers which fit the UCF10/11. Those are approx $1500.
Old 01-18-07, 01:53 PM
AoyamaJPN
Driver School Candidate

does anyone have Wald's? I want to know their opinion. I think they have stiffer spring rates, not sure if the ride is comprimised or not.

thanks
Old 01-18-07, 03:06 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the JIC's and enjoy them but will be bagging my car this year for a much smoother ,lower and speed bump free ride. It won't have the performance of the coilovers but i prefer a smooth ride and being dropped more.
Old 01-24-07, 11:13 AM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experiences with JIC, both personal and industry wise, has been very poor. We actually sell coilovers from a company in Japan called Anceltion for all the UCF's. The retail price on these is $2200.00. They are 15 way adjustable but I don't have their spring rates for some weird reason. If there is sufficient interest in these I can work something out, they are available for the UCF10 only as far as I know though.

Last edited by BulletproofAuto; 01-24-07 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-24-07, 11:17 AM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

LS400/430 91-00 UCF10/20 UCF10FLTA2VIP 14kg/7kg $2,080

from the JIC site....its the VIP series FLT-A2-VIP
Old 01-24-07, 01:59 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

My brother has been running the JIC FLT-A2's for quite some time now and he has had no complaints about them whatsoever. I've driven the car numerous times as well and I'd reccommend them too.
Old 01-24-07, 02:47 PM
chubby
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by john@bp
My experiences with JIC, both personal and industry wise, has been very poor. We actually sell coilovers from a company in Japan called Anceltion for all the UCF's. The retail price on these is $2200.00. They are 15 way adjustable but I don't have their spring rates for some weird reason. If there is sufficient interest in these I can work something out.
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...20adjuster.jpg
i can vouch for this. blown struts is common for JIC products
Old 01-24-07, 07:58 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

I am looking for a suspension, but thats kind of pricey. I dont think its worth $1800 to be that low. Thats like $500 more than TEIN. I understand that UCF10 chassis has limited USDM choices but I think thats robbery.

Im gonna look in my HyperRev and talk to FIZZ maybe we can get a few JDM sets over here for a better price than $1800.

I think WALD and KEI Office make coils. I will verify as soon as book gets here.
Old 01-24-07, 08:20 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the hyper rev book was published in 2000 i think so it has no newer parts. The best parts are from a company called C's but they have gone out of business . They did superchargers and other crazy pieces.

Wald does make suspension as well as JIC ,tein ,tanabe ( air cobra, has a airbag on top of the front coilovers for added height when needed)and air runner(full air suspension).There is also another company from england called dw or dk or something that makes them as well that i have seen in an issue of options magazine.
Everything else is just springs and shocks.
Old 01-25-07, 07:45 AM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

good luck trying to get a hold of them.. I heard that the hard part
Old 01-25-07, 10:57 AM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

We can get anything from Japan, that is not an issue. The issue is the availability of these parts. For example:
Kei Office is no more.
Wald does not make a UCF10 suspension, unless you consider their springs offering a full suspension upgrade.

I've already mentioned one company that does make the suspension and if enough people are interested I can lower the price significantly.
Old 01-25-07, 05:31 PM
pRaHjeC
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i recently order flt-a2's for my ucf10, and did some research before i bought them. i actually called wald to ask some questions about their coilovers, and they actually told me that i would be better off going with JIC over them. i haven't heard anything about the anceltion suspension, but it's probably pretty good considering they make parts primarily for luxury cars. i have a friend who has the JIC flt-a2's on his LS, and they feel very nice. so that's what i decided on going with. only bad thing about JIC is that they have no more flt-a2's in stock until mid-february. mine should be here within 3 weeks or so.
Old 01-25-07, 05:34 PM
leestoy
Driver

Call Clark ove at VIP auto salon.... That's where i purchased mine... Good guy and fast shipping... I bought mine for an 06' GS ... But he might have yours in stock...Just my $.02
Old 01-25-07, 05:39 PM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pRaHjeC
i recently order flt-a2's for my ucf10, and did some research before i bought them. i actually called wald to ask some questions about their coilovers, and they actually told me that i would be better off going with JIC over them. i haven't heard anything about the anceltion suspension, but it's probably pretty good considering they make parts primarily for luxury cars. i have a friend who has the JIC flt-a2's on his LS, and they feel very nice. so that's what i decided on going with. only bad thing about JIC is that they have no more flt-a2's in stock until mid-february. mine should be here within 3 weeks or so.
that's weird about the Wald coilovers, I didn't see them offering them on the Japan website.

my experience with the JIC's is leaky dampers along with bad customer service...and I am not the only one who has experienced this. we choose not to carry JIC products due to these reasons.

Quick Reply: JIC FLT-A2's