Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights
Sponsored by:

Need Help replacing NX200t headlights.

Old 11-08-18, 10:00 AM
SWalker123
Driver School Candidate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Need Help replacing NX200t headlights.

Hello everyone, I just registered here because I thought no one could help but lexus forums, because I am in a big mess right now.

So I was replacing headlights on 2015 Lexus NX200t, and just found out these two are different, one has xenon ballast looking thing on the top, while the other doesn't, can anyone tell me what it is? or is there any difference between them? if so, what can I do to make them behave similarly.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by SWalker123; 11-08-18 at 10:04 AM. Reason: somehow text got lost
Old 11-10-18, 10:36 PM
roy7777
Rookie

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

You mean the silver square part, right? That looks like HID ballast. Can you remove it? Take a look at this IS ballast remove video, maybe they are alike.

Old 11-13-18, 06:45 AM
Muffinizer
Lead Lap

Liked 72 Times in 70 Posts

If you're replacing your headlight you should replace it with the same type. If the original is HID the replacement should be HID. You can change the headlight type but it will almost certainly require wiring changes to the car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: