Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

glass headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-05, 05:00 PM
spoiledkid
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glass headlights

today i was thinking about gettin our headlights done in glass with a new clean style with e39 projectors pre-installed into them with maybe a bi-xenon setup. i was looking at the lorinser headlight kit on the mercedes s500. i would like to get quality as near to those headlights as possible. i also dislike the turning signals on our sc's i would prefer them to be clear. and like i said mercedes look and quality. So if anyone knows someone that can meet up to these headlight requirements. Quality number one priority
Old 05-06-05, 05:29 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Mercedes quality eh?
Old 05-06-05, 06:24 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spoiledkid
today i was thinking about gettin our headlights done in glass with a new clean style with e39 projectors pre-installed into them with maybe a bi-xenon setup. i was looking at the lorinser headlight kit on the mercedes s500. i would like to get quality as near to those headlights as possible. i also dislike the turning signals on our sc's i would prefer them to be clear. and like i said mercedes look and quality. So if anyone knows someone that can meet up to these headlight requirements. Quality number one priority

So your going to get "our" headlights done in Glass? Thanks!

Anyhow.. back on topic.

The cost of R&D would not be worth it to just about every member in here. The ones it would be worth it to probably already have S500's. Also, I am happy with the Lexus look and quality. Almost all headlights today are made with plastic lense.
Old 05-06-05, 08:55 PM
spoiledkid
Pole Position

yes but i believe that it can be done for a reasonable price. considering lorinser pulled it off for $1800. i think with people in our forum working with people in the car industry that might actually be able to pull this off. and to be honestly i've never found the headlights that good looking becuase the plastic look to them. plus i've alwaysed noticed on the newer mercedes for some reason their headlights looks really clean and the quality look to them is very 2005.
Old 05-06-05, 09:00 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

and to be honestly i've never found the headlights that good looking becuase the plastic look to them. plus i've alwaysed noticed on the newer mercedes for some reason their headlights looks really clean and the quality look to them is very 2005.
ok..for one...i'd like to see pictures of your car described in your profile

now, i'd like to try to understand what in the world you just wrote...your quote above just amazes me...

uhh..of course newer mercedes lights would look clean right? because they're 2005 models?
Old 05-08-05, 07:43 AM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

glass headlights?ehh
Old 04-03-06, 08:00 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Bringing up an old post, have they done glass headlights mods for the SC? That would be something to look into....my buddies 500 dollar stanza has glass headlights, while our nice luxury headlights have plastic lenses explain that. So does anyone know of any companies doing glass headlamps for the SC?
Old 04-03-06, 08:41 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not only would glass headlights be awesome, but those with retrofits will notice a big improvement. tiguy99 found out from doing my retrofit that the SC's plastic lense distorts the light. so for a decent price, i'd like to go to a glass setup, get a sharper cutoff than what i have in pics.
Old 04-03-06, 09:03 PM
spoiledkid
Pole Position

i knew plastic was bad. cuase i put my sc next to beamer 3series philips 6000k jus like mine and i have the e39 retrofit to it. but his just looked a little bit purer