unsatify with Xenon Depot HID

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-05, 10:40 AM
gstuned
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikal
this is what I think...

When you told him you got 2 bulbs in the first shipment, he probably thought you got 2 "sets"

So then the second shipment, he packed everything else besides the other set of bulbs because he probably thought you said you got "two".

Just call him up on his # listed.
I believe it's a one man operation. Friend called him a few times. Went straight to his cellphone or something because he said he wasnt in the office.
there can't be misunderstood because i stated to him very clearly. i said i ordered 2 9006 4300K HID coversion kit but i only received 2 bulbs in the box and that's it and he said he will send me 1 complete kit and 2 ballast and a harness. When i received the shipment. open it and there are no bulbs WTF.....I took pics of the 2 boxes and email him 8 mins later. he said there are bulbs in the box........bla bla bla bla. To many problems with xenon depot. i waited over a month to have the kit deliver and now light COLOR out put SOME TIME came out differently on each side.
Old 04-06-05, 10:43 AM
gstuned
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikal
I got a set of the Xenon Depot 4300k Philips Kit.

When you first install them, they power up blue then change to white then change to yellowish.
You gotta wait till the HID bulbs burn in. Usually Takes a while. Did you install with relay? Steves kit should come with the relay harness to power up the Ballast. Also make sure that you grounded down the relay harness correctly.

My HID's are now pure white turning blue. (many hours of use)
MIKAL

please post pics of your HID color out put. How long did you have the kit?
Old 04-06-05, 02:03 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hello,

As per your posts:

gstuned,

1) The 4300k bulbs will emit a bright white output with a bluish/yellowish tinge depending on the angle you view the bulb from. The Philips 4300k bulbs will colour shift within approx 100 hours and they can reach colour temperatures of up to 4700k. It is normal for your lights to be slightly different in colour as your headlights are angled differently from the factory. The 4300k bulbs will start off very blue and as they warm up they will fade out into a bright white with a yellowish/bluish tinge. This is normal. If you like, I would double check to make sure that you are getting a good ground as sometimes if the bulb is slighly yellow it is a sign of a poor ground. It sounds like what you were looking for would be the 6000k bulbs.

2) I personally packaged the second shipment that included the 2 bulbs as I wanted to make sure that you were getting everything you were entitled to - this was not a standard shipment. We have sold our product to numerous people on this forum and would not jeapordize ruining the relationship and image we have on this forum (or in general) over 2 bulbs. Keep in mind that we even sent you the second shipment which included 4 ballasts, 2 wiring harnesses, and bulbs (we could have just as easily said we shipped the complete package out the first time). Furthermore, after conducting an intensive inventory it appears that the bulbs were shipped (did this just to double check).

Mikal,

We are not a one man operation nor is the phone ever forwarded to a cell phone. What I do tell some customers is that my email is forwarded to my blackberry so that I can offer quicker email responses.

Regards,

Steve
Old 04-06-05, 03:11 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Much to Steve's credit...

I had an issue with my lights only going on after 5-6 minutes and Steve was very helpful in showing me diagrams to check my relay and my wiring since my kit didn't ship with an instruction manual.

It turned out that a wire in the plug from the kit that connected to my stock headlight plug was loose and jamming it back into the plug fixed the issue.

I was also frustrated with the color output but I figured I'd drive around with the lights on during the day to speed up the 100 hour burn in period. They look a little whiter now.

All in all, I'd say that Steve offered good support and his e-mails were prompt.

Thanks Steve.

Clifford
Old 04-06-05, 10:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

ok, now both sides have spoken, i suggest that if there are further discussions let's take it to pm, that's probably the best channel
Old 04-09-05, 01:07 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

we still didnt get any pics of the light output
Old 04-09-05, 10:39 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cant post up anypics because i didnt take any. I just installed the OEM HID which i purchased from Dr. G.