Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

unsatify with Xenon Depot HID

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-05, 11:55 AM
gstuned
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unsatify with Xenon Depot HID

i bought myself 9006 4300k Phillip kit from Steve at Xenon Depot. i am not vey happy with the color output. i tested the kit. it lite up white for 5 seconds and then it turn yellowish all the way just like stock bulb. Does any one here have a pics of 4300K on their car?
Old 04-05-05, 12:50 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gstuned
i bought myself 9006 4300k Phillip kit from Steve at Xenon Depot. i am not vey happy with the color output. i tested the kit. it lite up white for 5 seconds and then it turn yellowish all the way just like stock bulb. Does any one here have a pics of 4300K on their car?
Turning yellow means the bulb is ending its life. This usually happens after a lot of use, they first get bluer, then a yellow greenish color. Did you touch the bulb before installing it with your fingers? (I think that would just cause it to explode, not change in color).

PM XenonDepot about this.
Old 04-05-05, 02:14 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a sign that the bulb is dying. I would PM xenondepot and have him send you a new set of bulbs to replace them.
Old 04-05-05, 03:16 PM
gstuned
Rookie

i got this kit brand new from Steve and even worst Steve sent me the kit with missing parts. i ordered 2 kit.
the first shipment was missing 2 ballast and harness
the second shipment was missing 2 bulbs and Steve claimed that the bulbs were in the box when he packed. Now, he is not going to responsible for the missing bulbs. What can i do here?
Old 04-05-05, 04:00 PM
gstuned
Rookie

This is what steve said regarding about the color of 4300K:

The 4300K kit will emit a bright white output with a slight yellowish tinge. The 4300K bulbs will get more of crisper white output once they colour shift (approx. 100 hours).

I was wondering Does S2000, Maxima, Lexus and Acura TL have to use their lights over 100 hours to obtain the bright white output?

Do you think what he said is right?

Can i use 6000k bulb on 4300K Ballast?
Old 04-05-05, 04:03 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should have gone with the 6000k if you want that real bright white/blue hue. 4300k is stock and has a hint of white yellow to them.
Old 04-05-05, 04:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

actually steve is right about the color. bulbs have to burned in before getting better color, usually around 100 hours.
Old 04-05-05, 04:16 PM
gstuned
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
actually steve is right about the color. bulbs have to burned in before getting better color, usually around 100 hours.
My lights act weird. When i turn it on. one side lite up bright white and shift to yellowish. The other side lite up too yellowish and then shift to tint yellow
Old 04-05-05, 04:28 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yikes...dats messed up.

But 4300K do have a slight yellow in them.....mostly due to the return wire shadow. My 6000K is white/blue/purple....but he bottom part (around 6 o'clock) is a bit yellow.
Old 04-05-05, 04:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

My lights act weird. When i turn it on. one side lite up bright white and shift to yellowish. The other side lite up too yellowish and then shift to tint yellow
umm if that's the case that doesn't sound right..... both sides are hooked up to the battery directly?
Old 04-05-05, 04:43 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The 4300K kit will emit a bright white output with a slight yellowish tinge. The 4300K bulbs will get more of crisper white output once they colour shift (approx. 100 hours).

I was wondering Does S2000, Maxima, Lexus and Acura TL have to use their lights over 100 hours to obtain the bright white output?

He is correct, there is a burn in period for new HID bulbs.

I'm sure it's the same case for those cars, but just keep in mind that your headlights weren't originally made for HIDs...it will not produce the same color you see in the projector headlights of the cars you listed.

Yes, you can use a 6000K bulb on any ballast as long as the connectors match up.
Old 04-05-05, 05:49 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

I got a set of the Xenon Depot 4300k Philips Kit.

When you first install them, they power up blue then change to white then change to yellowish.
You gotta wait till the HID bulbs burn in. Usually Takes a while. Did you install with relay? Steves kit should come with the relay harness to power up the Ballast. Also make sure that you grounded down the relay harness correctly.

My HID's are now pure white turning blue. (many hours of use)
Old 04-05-05, 08:39 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I would just switch out to the 6000k bulb if you can, and dont mind spending the money. The 4300k will be brighter but it sounds like the 6000k bulbs are what you are looking for. It also sounds like either one of your bulbs is bad. There should be some yellow in the beam pattern but that shouldnt be the predominant color and also both sides should match. Maybe he can replace the bulbs you have with some 6000k?

Also you state you didnt receive bulbs with one set you bought? That is something that should definately be taken care of and I would call or email them until they take care of it.
Old 04-05-05, 10:32 PM
gstuned
Rookie

i got this kit brand new from Steve and even worst Steve sent me the kit with missing parts. i ordered 2 kit.
the first shipment was missing 2 ballast and harness
the second shipment was missing 2 bulbs and Steve claimed that the bulbs were in the box when he packed. Now, he is not going to responsible for the missing bulbs. What can i do here?
Ordered 2 HID kit from Steve but this is what i received:

1st SHIPMENT
2 Bulbs
NO harness
NO Ballasts
NO instruction

So i called him up right away and he said some one must have mess up the order........

2nd SHIPMENT
4 Ballasts
2 Harnesses
NO Bulbs
NO instruction

i emailed him so many time and the problem haven't solve. He keep saying that he packed the bulbs along with the 2nd shipment but then when i opened the box there are no bulbs. what should i do here you guys? I will be very **** off if i have to pay for another bulbs
Old 04-06-05, 02:45 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Ordered 2 HID kit from Steve but this is what i received:

1st SHIPMENT
2 Bulbs
NO harness
NO Ballasts
NO instruction

So i called him up right away and he said some one must have mess up the order........

2nd SHIPMENT
4 Ballasts
2 Harnesses
NO Bulbs
NO instruction

i emailed him so many time and the problem haven't solve. He keep saying that he packed the bulbs along with the 2nd shipment but then when i opened the box there are no bulbs. what should i do here you guys? I will be very **** off if i have to pay for another bulbs

this is what I think...

When you told him you got 2 bulbs in the first shipment, he probably thought you got 2 "sets"

So then the second shipment, he packed everything else besides the other set of bulbs because he probably thought you said you got "two".

Just call him up on his # listed.
I believe it's a one man operation. Friend called him a few times. Went straight to his cellphone or something because he said he wasnt in the office.

Quick Reply: unsatify with Xenon Depot HID