Cargraphic: Lexus LFA beats Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 to win car of the year - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > LFA Model (2012)
Cargraphic: Lexus LFA beats Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 to win car of the year >

Cargraphic: Lexus LFA beats Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 to win car of the year

Notices
LFA Model (2012)

Cargraphic: Lexus LFA beats Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 to win car of the year

Old 01-31-12, 09:15 PM
  #1  
05RollaXRS
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
05RollaXRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,036
Thanked 285 Times in 236 Posts
Default Cargraphic: Lexus LFA beats Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 to win car of the year

Thanks to German car forum.

CG Award 2011 - Group Test

Winner:Lexus LFA 162pts



Test Data



Keep in mind, the reason why LFA was not quicker than the 500 HP GT3 RS 4.0 was because LFA test data was collected earlier in the wet

0 - 100km/h

1. Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0: 4.2s
2. MB C63 AMG: 4.5s
3. Lexus LFA: 4.5s

0 - 400m

1. Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0: 12.1s
2. Lexus LFA: 12.3s
3. MB C63 AMG: 12.5s

0 - 1000m

1. Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0: 21.8s
2. Lexus LFA: 21.9s
3. MB C63 AMG: 22.5s

Fuel Economy 100km/h (km/l)

51. Porsche 911 GTS: 12.5
57. MB SLS AMG: 9.3
58: Lexus LFA: 8.3


Video of LFA testing in the wet:


Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-01-12 at 03:30 PM.
05RollaXRS is offline  
Old 01-31-12, 09:21 PM
  #2  
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoFla
Posts: 4,265
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

wow I wish I knew that guy's job title......
Vroomin350 is offline  
Old 01-31-12, 10:15 PM
  #3  
LexFather
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

That is another stunning victory. Amazing

FYI the 4.0 RS won EVO's car of the year
 
Old 02-01-12, 11:39 AM
  #4  
07grIS350
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Posts: 727
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just saw a thread in the NAGTROC forum where many GT-R owners suggested the LFA for the best Japanese Performance car.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....rformance-car/
07grIS350 is offline  
Old 02-01-12, 08:02 PM
  #5  
LexFather
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Originally Posted by 07grIS350 View Post
I just saw a thread in the NAGTROC forum where many GT-R owners suggested the LFA for the best Japanese Performance car.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....rformance-car/
Been posting there for years, great forum.

This thread should have 100 posts by now. Its a shame when Lexus does well like this its damn near avoided.
 
Old 02-01-12, 11:51 PM
  #6  
LOISF
Driver
 
LOISF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

woo hoo
LOISF is offline  
Old 02-02-12, 09:23 PM
  #7  
Kzem
Pole Position
 
Kzem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 203
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Seen one recently at NAIAS... its so much more stunning in person
Kzem is offline  
Old 02-03-12, 09:35 PM
  #8  
Hoovey2411
Moderator
iTrader: (16)
 
Hoovey2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 36,881
Thanked 41 Times in 38 Posts
Default

wow incredible video!!
Hoovey2411 is offline  
Old 02-03-12, 09:41 PM
  #9  
Hoovey2411
Moderator
iTrader: (16)
 
Hoovey2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 36,881
Thanked 41 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Haha was reading the comments from the video:

LFA = "Looks F'ing Awesome"
Hoovey2411 is offline  
Old 02-03-12, 10:05 PM
  #10  
05RollaXRS
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
05RollaXRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,036
Thanked 285 Times in 236 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 07grIS350 View Post
I just saw a thread in the NAGTROC forum where many GT-R owners suggested the LFA for the best Japanese Performance car.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....rformance-car/



Just read some comments on the NAGTROC site. Though, there are some pretty good level headed people there who acknowledge why LFA is a $375,000 car and GTR is not, but many of them are plain idiots (including the thread creator who claims GTR with an aftermarket exhaust sounds better to him than an LFA) Are you kidding me?? LFA is a V10 naturally aspirated engine with an F1 V10 engine and exhaust sound. A turbo V6 will never respond or sound like it no matter what). No other way to describe it and picks the Best Motoring video to justify GTR's superiority.

Some of them would not simply give credit where it is due and pick some of the weakest battles of LFA to prove GTR's superiority. But, then again they don't think any car holds a candle to the GTR so why would LFA be any different?

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-03-12 at 10:10 PM.
05RollaXRS is offline  
Old 02-04-12, 05:50 AM
  #11  
07grIS350
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Posts: 727
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I know, there are some real GT-R fanbois as you described, but the LFA is gaining a lot more respect over there compare to just a year ago.
Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS View Post
Just read some comments on the NAGTROC site. Though, there are some pretty good level headed people there who acknowledge why LFA is a $375,000 car and GTR is not, but many of them are plain idiots (including the thread creator who claims GTR with an aftermarket exhaust sounds better to him than an LFA) Are you kidding me?? LFA is a V10 naturally aspirated engine with an F1 V10 engine and exhaust sound. A turbo V6 will never respond or sound like it no matter what). No other way to describe it and picks the Best Motoring video to justify GTR's superiority.

Some of them would not simply give credit where it is due and pick some of the weakest battles of LFA to prove GTR's superiority. But, then again they don't think any car holds a candle to the GTR so why would LFA be any different?
07grIS350 is offline  
Old 02-04-12, 08:17 AM
  #12  
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 11,346
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Am I the only one who is confused? The LFA didn't win either of the runs. How couls it come in first place overall?
If running in the wet was enough to nullify it's finishes, the true outcome isn't known.
Why not wait until all cars run on equal pavenment?
Ice350 is offline  
Old 02-04-12, 08:38 AM
  #13  
two2tone
Lead Lap
iTrader: (10)
 
two2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 429
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ice350 View Post
Am I the only one who is confused? The LFA didn't win either of the runs. How couls it come in first place overall?
If running in the wet was enough to nullify it's finishes, the true outcome isn't known.
Why not wait until all cars run on equal pavenment?
Nope I am too lol...
two2tone is offline  
Old 02-04-12, 11:30 AM
  #14  
05RollaXRS
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
05RollaXRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,036
Thanked 285 Times in 236 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ice350 View Post
Am I the only one who is confused? The LFA didn't win either of the runs. How couls it come in first place overall?
If running in the wet was enough to nullify it's finishes, the true outcome isn't known.
Why not wait until all cars run on equal pavenment?
LFA got the highest score as stated in my original post of 162 points based on both objective and subjective score. It won in its own category of exotic class and also won overall car of the year.

It was based on their subjective experience of the dynamics, driving experience etc. that they clearly awarded LFA the win.

Regarding the objective scores, the cars were all tested in different months. LFA was tested in the wet, but you do realize that just because it was tested in the wet does not mean objectively they cannot award LFA the win.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-04-12 at 11:49 AM.
05RollaXRS is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cargraphic: Lexus LFA beats Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 to win car of the year


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: