LFA Model (2012)

LFA and Paris Hilton

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 07:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
For the record Lexus turned me down for my LFA allocation b/c they said I am a thug and I post too much and didn't want to me post Youtube vids of beating Civics with fartcans all day.
no way dude, i put in a vouch for you! i thought that should have helped!
Old 02-16-11, 07:54 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Well, here is a theory.

We know it well the rumor first came afloat 6 months ago that Paris Hilton is getting a "passionate pink" Lexus LFA. We had discussed this extensively last year.

We also know this whole "boyfriend giving an LFA present for birthday" was taped in its entirety for the reality show.

Putting two and two together, could it be all staged just for the show?? Paris most likely ordered LFA last year (or papa bought her the LFA), but just for reality show ratings, they came up with this story line of her boyfriend giving her an LFA for her birthday. It does sound far more interesting than just going and buying an LFA for herself since the element of "how special she is" comes into play??
Old 02-16-11, 07:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Well, here is a theory.

We know it well the rumor first came afloat 6 months ago that Paris Hilton is getting a "passionate pink" Lexus LFA. We had discussed this extensively last year.

We also know this whole "boyfriend giving an LFA present for birthday" was taped in its entirety for the reality show.

Putting two and two together, could it be all staged just for the show?? Paris most likely ordered LFA last year (or papa bought her the LFA), but just for reality show ratings, they came up with this story line of her boyfriend giving her an LFA for her birthday. It does sound far more interesting than just going and buying an LFA for herself since the element of "how special she is" comes into play??
i actually had that theory too. i still wonder if the yellow one could have been just the prototype (come on, surprising she or he didn't order a pink one)
Old 02-16-11, 08:04 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
i actually had that theory too. i still wonder if the yellow one could have been just the prototype (come on, surprising she or he didn't order a pink one)
Unless flipside proves me wrong, I am really thinking that is just the pearl yellow prototype that Lexus gave to them in order to shoot their episode of the reality show and just for the story line that her boyfriend is showing her exactly the type of car he ordered for her.
Old 02-16-11, 08:08 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Well all i can say is, in the very short future, there will only be 499 of these left. What a joke.
Old 02-16-11, 08:15 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Won't be surprised one bit if it's the reality show producers who actually ordered the car for the show, or if it's a prototype, that they made an arrangement with Lexus to feature the car on the show to give the brand more exposure ...
Old 02-16-11, 08:17 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Unless flipside proves me wrong, I am really thinking that is just the pearl yellow prototype that Lexus gave to them in order to shoot their episode of the reality show and just for the story line that her boyfriend is showing her exactly the type of car he ordered for her.
Even if this were to be the case, the bottom line is that the "selection" process has already been revealed to not be what Lexus was initially portraying it to be and not all the cars have been sold. These are facts confirmed by an actual buyer, gengar, earlier in this thread.

All indications at this point are that Lexus sold out to the almighty buck and were deceptive in their portrayal of the "exclusivity" of this car in order to justify the price tag.
Old 02-16-11, 08:27 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, paris hiltons bf gets her an LFA! WOW
Old 02-16-11, 08:29 PM
Jensennn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909

I wonder what shes holding

if we are to ever see this car wrecked it will definitely be done by this bimbo
Old 02-16-11, 08:46 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

It certainly also looks like she is expecting. Remember, you heard it here first.
Old 02-16-11, 09:01 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like shes trying to grab the keys out his pocket. People said on another forum she was grabbing his junk lol
Old 02-16-11, 09:15 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

This thread is filled with so much garbage I'm not even sure where to start. I must be missing where Lexus made a press release stating "we're only going to sell this car to hardcore racing enthusiasts, celebrities will be excluded, and we're going to do extensive interviews with every candidate to figure that out."

I find it incredibly amusing that people have hyped up the LFA so much that they feel there is some sort of "mystique" and "specialness" over being selected - worse yet, this is something that has entirely been invented in their own heads. What's so amusing about it is that, I mean, I got selected, yet this process apparently means far more to some of these people than it does to me. Actually, I don't know if that's so much amusing as actually rather sad, maybe even a bit pathetic.

I think it's also funny that Paris Hilton evokes so much emotion in people. The selection process is not a mystery to people who read these boards because three people on here have gotten allocations and have posted about it. It's not news. I'm not a racing enthusiast and I got an allocation - no one complains about that. I have posted probably at least 5 times over the last year that the only thing Lexus asked me about was my prior Lexus ownership history - no one complains about that.

But all of a sudden, Paris Hilton gets an LFA as a gift, and somehow the delusions of grandeur crumbled, the world is ending, and Hitler and the Legion of Doom are in Quahog Lake conspiring to kill Jesus while Darth Vader is buying yellow cake uranium from unmarried teenage moms, and of course Lexus is doomed as a brand, the LFA is no longer exclusive, Lexus is nothing more than sellouts, and Akio Toyoda eats baby unicorns for breakfast lunch and dinner.

The simple reality is that anyone who wanted to know how the LFA process actually worked, and didn't simply want to dream up their own delusions about how it actually worked, could know - because I and others posted about it.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
For the record Lexus turned me down for my LFA allocation b/c they said I am a thug and I post too much and didn't want to me post Youtube vids of beating Civics with fartcans all day.
Funniest thing about this is that this makes you only the second person I've ever seen report getting rejected, anywhere.

I know it's a joke, but it really makes me wonder if anyone was rejected at all.
Old 02-16-11, 10:00 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gengar
The simple reality is that anyone who wanted to know how the LFA process actually worked, and didn't simply want to dream up their own delusions about how it actually worked, could know - because I and others posted about it.
You're right and there is an entire thread regarding this that you actually posted in.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lfa...flaunt-it.html

Nowhere in it do you state that none of what the Lexus rep states regarding the selection process is false. This has been discussed across multiple forums and here talking about the exclusivity and the selection process.

And btw, Dave600 from Japan was denied his application.

The $350,000 Lexus LFA was one of the most buzz-generating vehicles at the ultra-luxury "Gallery" exhibit during the North American International Auto Show in Detroit this week. Coined the "two-seat supercar" by Lexus, the vehicle sits at the top of Lexus's "F" portfolio, its line of high-end sports performance vehicles.

Paul Williamson, with Lexus, speaks to WSJ reporter Lee Hawkins about the new Lexus LFA, which will require potential owners to be pre-authorized. The auto maker is only manufacturing 500 of the model.

But simply having the $350,000 to buy one of the 500 LFAs Lexus plans to produce won't be enough: Buyers must be tapped by the company to be owners. People selected to purchase the car will be based on factors such as the other cars they own, where they live, and how often and where they drive. Potential buyers must apply through an authorized Lexus distributor.

Lexus first introduced the LFA as a concept car at the 2005 Detroit auto show. LFA deliveries will start in early 2011, and only 20 of the hand-built cars will be produced each month, up to the maximum quantity of 500. Production starts in December at Toyota's Motomachi plant in Japan, and buyers can customize their cars with various colors and wheel designs, among other options.

On the road, the LFA will be able to accelerate from zero to 60 miles per hour in 3.6 seconds with a top speed of 202 mph, thanks in part to its 10 cylinder, 552-horsepower engine. The car is also made of strong yet lightweight carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer, which makes it about 220 pounds lighter than an equivalent aluminum design.

View Full Image
lexus
Getty Images

The LFA on display at the Tokyo Motor Show in October.
lexus
lexus

But in the end, the car's success may hinge on its exclusive ordering process and scarcity -- a tactic meant to boost the carmaker's image with the monied ultra-luxury set. While Lexus has built a respected reputation in the mainstream luxury market, the company has yet to successfully penetrate the ultra-luxury and performance car sector and compete with brands like Porsche and Lamborghini.

"We want people who will drive the car, who will be seen in the car," said Paul Williamson, national manager at Lexus College, Toyota's dealer training school. "We want it to be seen on the right roads, in front of the right restaurants and not just being enjoyed by one individual in their private garage."

Mr. Williamson said Lexus expects to sell about a third of the 500 vehicles in the United States.
http://outboundlink.net/anxo/dr_ta_1...410010614.html
Old 02-16-11, 10:16 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

"We want people who will drive the car, who will be seen in the car," said Paul Williamson, national manager at Lexus College, Toyota's dealer training school. "We want it to be seen on the right roads, in front of the right restaurants and not just being enjoyed by one individual in their private garage."
Paris can very well satisfy these requirements at least, and I am not sure I have seen them specificially mentioned "car enthusiasts" ? Just high profile people who will be seen driving them in public, instead of mostly storing them in their garage collection ?
Old 02-16-11, 10:22 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

How can Lexus allow this to happen, as i thought Lexus chooses who gets the car?

It's a waste of the LFA to give to her, she'd only gutter it soon.

Someone has missed out becos of her...

Quick Reply: LFA and Paris Hilton