Sponsored by:

Intermittent lack of audio

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-18, 08:38 AM
DJKnetic
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intermittent lack of audio

I posted this in the LS forums, but realized this is more of a general Lexus audio issue, so I apologize for the cross post.

My 2007 LS 460 is having an issue with the ML stereo where the sound will not work most of the time. 75% of the time when I start the car, the radio has no sound (no clicks, screeches, or anything, just no sound) and no visual response to changing the volume. When looking at the audio controls, the sound is set to the far right and rear and cannot be adjusted. 25% of the time the audio works normally and the sound is balanced normally front and back, left to right.

I ran the System Check Mode and am getting NCON for DSP-AMP when there is no audio. When the audio works, the DSP-AMP status reads as OK, no previous codes.

I checked the connections into the amp and everything felt nice and tight.

Looking through various threads it seem like it may be the amp going bad, but is there a way to test that for sure before sending my amp off to get repaired? It just seems odd to me that if I have normal audio when the car starts, it never cuts out during a drive which I think would indicate a bad connection. But I also think it is strange that if the amp is going bad that it works just fine when it randomly decides to actually turn on when I start the car.

Any audio people out there have an idea on why it would randomly have connection issues like that if the amp is in need of repair? It just seems weird to me that when it does work it never has an issue no matter how long the car is on. I've had aftermarket amps in the past that have gone bad that will work until they overheat and then cut out, but having trouble wrapping my head around the idea that it is all or nothing each time.

2007 Lexus LS460
Mark Levinson premium audio
Old 07-15-20, 04:10 PM
DzdIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever find a solution or fix to the problem? I’m having this same issue with 06 IS Thanks!
Old 07-19-20, 11:08 PM
Tech100
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Likely an amp issue. Just make sure your trunk weatherstrip is not leaking water into the trunk.