Sponsored by:

Enform App, Enform Remote, Res+

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-14, 01:17 PM
RogersDA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enform App, Enform Remote, Res+

So there are these three apps on Apple's App Store.

The Enform Remote appears to be the newest app. Is this going to be an eventual replacement for RES+? That is, will some older models that use RES+ be transitioned to Enform Remote?

Also, with regard to the older Enform App Suite: I log-on to the app using my email/password on my iPhone. The option to "Connect to car" is disabled even when I'm in the car with an established Bluetooth connection. Is the "Connect to car" option enabled only if you subscribe to either
LEXUS ENFORM DESTINATIONS or LEXUS ENFORM SAFETY CONNECT?

Edit: I stopped my eDestinations subscription after the initial trial period.

Last edited by RogersDA; 09-01-14 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-13-14, 07:05 AM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I have a current subscription and "Connect to car" is disabled for me as well. These apps are worthless in my opinion. The older version worked, this one does not. eDestination is no longer an option on the iPhone.
Old 10-04-14, 09:25 PM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't subscribe to either Destinations or Safety Connect on my 2013 GS, and the Enform Suite works for me. The connection to the car is automatic, but does take a few seconds (less than 30,for sure). I don't have the live assistant service, but Yelp and Bing work, as does the saved destinations folder (you can only put in destinations from the Enform software).

This worked with the original version of the software, and all the updates. FWIW, I have an iPhone 4S. May be something in your settings...
Old 10-09-14, 11:22 AM
RogersDA
Driver School Candidate

So I figured out the Enform App for my 2013 RX450h.

(1) On the iPhone (I'm using an iPhone 5s) install the app and log-on using your email address/password. You should have the screen with the apps as below:

Clicking on the lower right gear icon should show your account screen with the "Connect to vehicle" not enabled as below:

The "Connect to vehicle" being greyed-out is not a problem.

(2) Next, start your car, and make sure your phone properly pairs with the car using bluetooth as this is how the phone works to make and receive calls.

(3) On the navigation system's menu screen choose "Info/Apps" and then "Apps". This may initially look for an update the the Apps program on the car. When this is complete, the Apps should connect to your phone, and your phone's screen should change to the following:

At this point all should be working. I was able to use Pandora.

Also, before doing any of the above I used the Bing app (which I dislike, but Lexus thinks that's what we must use) to search for an address. I saved the address. Opening the "Saved Destinations app on the phone should show this saved address.

Upon connecting to the car and accessing the apps as above I selected the Destinations app on the second screen. This prompted me to synchronize the destinations. Upon doing that the saved destinations is deleted, and the car's destinations is updated.

I hope this helps.
Old 10-09-14, 03:06 PM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If I use Enform : Pandora, iHeart etc it is dependent on bluetooth/phone connection and data, it is phone dependent?? Thanks

Last edited by dotbowels; 10-09-14 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-09-14, 04:59 PM
RogersDA
Driver School Candidate

I believe that all cell phones (iphones, Android-based phones) that can connect to the Lexus Navigation System use the phone's data plan when utilizing the Enform app for streaming since, well, the car does not have a 3G/LTE connection by itself.