Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

box Q continued...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-02, 10:17 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Forget this guy. This is not the first time he exercises his "skills" and "knowledge" of car audio on this board. Same thing every time.
Old 12-12-02, 10:28 PM
BabaBooey
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, all of you talk **** about me. But if underpowering speakers damaged them, then you wouldn't be able to use an HU's amplifier to power them.

I find it interesting that when I cause troubles the thread gets closed, yet when people try to talk down to me nothing is done about it. I'll make but one more cross forum post, SIN doesn't get that much traffic. We'll see a different scenario I'm sure than right now. BTW I'm trashed.
Old 12-12-02, 10:33 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by retrodrive
Forget this guy. This is not the first time he exercises his "skills" and "knowledge" of car audio on this board. Same thing every time.
retro you're right. Plus he now wants to run subwoofers off of a head unit...doh!!! :eek:

If he came back after that beating he obviously doesn't know any better.
Old 12-13-02, 12:31 AM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Baba,

I have YET to close or lock down a thread in the Electronics forum. So, I definitely hope that it wasn't pointed at me or Mean Gene.

Also I can remember one instance where someone was talking trash to you. I definitely jumped in to help you because you were in the right with the JL IB issue.

Mean Gene and I are VERY fair and tolerant about things going on Electronics forum as I'm sure everyone has noticed. I would suggest refraining from blanket statements as you may inadvertently offend the wrong person.

Switching gears... Hope your finals went well.

Percy

Originally posted by BabaBooey
OK, all of you talk **** about me. But if underpowering speakers damaged them, then you wouldn't be able to use an HU's amplifier to power them.

I find it interesting that when I cause troubles the thread gets closed, yet when people try to talk down to me nothing is done about it. I'll make but one more cross forum post, SIN doesn't get that much traffic. We'll see a different scenario I'm sure than right now. BTW I'm trashed.
Old 12-13-02, 10:21 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Who Closed It?

Baba - Who closed this thread? If anything, Percy & myself let this escalate into a flaming war so shame on us!!:eek:
In all my 25+ years of car audio, I've been around long enough to know that there are many different schools of thought on EVERYTHING in the 12 volt industry; thus my reasons for letting this debate go on for so long. Personally, I've damaged more speakers from underpowering than overpowering - have run as much as 400 wrms thru a 1" Focal tweeter rated for half that for over 2 years with no damage. Conversely, I've seen power-starved tweets crap out from being run off "high powered" headunits. Yes, I know that materials & build quality play a major role in this as well. I'm sure that you can also provide me many instances where U've seen just the opposite scenario of matching/damaging speakers versus power. I suppose that this has come down to letting LV try things both ways & letting HIS ears decide. He shouldn't hurt anything if he wires it differently & just tries it for a few days or so.
Hey, Lvan - U could have just used a single woofer & bought a monoblock amp & saved us this debate!! :eek:
Wait - then we'd have to decide on a mono amp versus a bridged two channel model!!!!!:eek:
Anyway, I also wish U the best on finals ( UNO, Tulane or Loyola )??

Last edited by Mean Gene; 12-13-02 at 10:22 AM.