Sponsored by:

VAISTech MediaLinq Plus (ML+) Issue - Randomly Non-responsive

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-12, 09:04 AM
anewname
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VAISTech MediaLinq Plus (ML+) Issue - Randomly Non-responsive

I have a 2007 GS350 AWD with Mark Levinson and a VaisTech ML+ installed.

It has been installed for the past several months now, and generally works great.

Lately, however, it has been a little flaky. I will start the car and the system will not recognize my iPhone, it will not drop into the factory camera mode, nor will it switch to CD/MP3 Emu mode. It will sit at "Waiting for iPod Out" but it won't actually do anything.

I have verified the physical connections and tried fiddling with various combinations of buttons (i.e. switching to FM mode, DVD changer, etc.) but the only way to get things back on track seems to be to completely power off the whole car, thereby depriving the system of power, then starting it up again.

I don't know if I'm running the June or October firmware (I'll check later), but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and has a solution.

I know the VAISTech reps watch this forum. Any ideas, guys?
Old 06-04-12, 10:49 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please make sure you run the latest version for both ML Plus and iPhone. Rebooting iPhone will also be a good idea!
Old 06-04-12, 11:17 AM
anewname
Rookie

Originally Posted by VaisTech
Please make sure you run the latest version for both ML Plus and iPhone. Rebooting iPhone will also be a good idea!
This happens on more than one iPhone. I strongly feel it is not an iPhone issue. I made a point of mentioning that the factory camera option does not function when the ML+ gets into this non-functioning state, nor does it allow me to switch to MP3/CD emulation mode. You don't need a phone attached to drop into those modes.

And just to head off the next response: I realize the car has to have been in reverse at least once per startup for the factory camera option to work. Remember that even if the car has NOT been in reverse, the ML+ system still attempts to bring up the camera view, but will display a black screen under normal circumstances. In my case, when the issue occurs, it does not even respond to the 'factory camera' menu option being pressed. Same goes for CD/MP3 emu mode.

Again, I see no way this can be pinned on my phone(s).

I will check the firmware.

Last edited by anewname; 06-04-12 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-04-12, 02:34 PM
anewname
Rookie

AXXYYZZZZZZ (N) - where XX >= 44 and YY >= 42 Firmware 1.6.100 HW Rev. 2.0.0
Old 06-06-12, 11:12 AM
anewname
Rookie

Please give me some kind of word here. As you can see I'm running the latest ML+ firmware.

I can post a video that shows what I'm talking about if necessary.
Old 06-07-12, 08:49 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

I suggest you update the unit first. If this won't make any changes, please contact our customer service via info@vaistech.com to request a replacement cable. Cable you need is the one that goes between Apple component cable and the ML Plus unit.

Thanks,
Old 06-07-12, 02:30 PM
anewname
Rookie

Originally Posted by VaisTech
I suggest you update the unit first. If this won't make any changes, please contact our customer service via info@vaistech.com to request a replacement cable. Cable you need is the one that goes between Apple component cable and the ML Plus unit.

Thanks,
I'm not sure you're reading my posts. I'm running the latest firmware on the ML+.

The cables are fine too, I believe.

Yesterday it was refusing to work, so I tapped the unit like you would tap an old television set when it wasn't working. I heard a click, and it started to work.

Right now I'm suspecting either a bad solder joint on one of the connections, or perhaps some kind of bad relay or something (on account of the click noise it made).

Please actually read this, and let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Old 06-08-12, 09:31 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by anewname
I'm not sure you're reading my posts. I'm running the latest firmware on the ML+.

The cables are fine too, I believe.

Yesterday it was refusing to work, so I tapped the unit like you would tap an old television set when it wasn't working. I heard a click, and it started to work.

Right now I'm suspecting either a bad solder joint on one of the connections, or perhaps some kind of bad relay or something (on account of the click noise it made).

Please actually read this, and let me know what you think.

Thanks!
I still believe this is the cable issue, the one that goes between Apple component cable and the ML Plus unit.. But if you think cables are fine, I can only suggest one solution: ship the unit with cables back to us so we can check the whole thing.

Please let us know if you need a cable or if you decide to ship it back at info@vaistech.com

Thank you!
Old 06-09-12, 07:50 AM
anewname
Rookie

I'd much rather try a cable first before shipping out the unit to California at great expense.

I will send the request, but I was frustrated that you weren't reading my message in its entirety.

Moving this conversation to email. Thanks for the response.
Old 01-18-13, 12:12 PM
TheCharlie
Driver School Candidate

Just curious, were they able to resolve this with a new cable? I'm having the same issues, and everything is up-to-date, etc.
Old 01-21-13, 07:42 AM
anewname
Rookie

Originally Posted by TheCharlie
Just curious, were they able to resolve this with a new cable? I'm having the same issues, and everything is up-to-date, etc.
It didn't solve the problem. Over email, VAIS asked me to send them the unit to take a look at it, but I couldn't bring myself to disassemble the whole centre console again and then pay to ship the thing across the continent. It's kind of sad, but when it's not working I usually just give it a good whack, I hear a click come from the unit, and then it works.

It might give out and refuse to work completely one of these days but for now it's working about half the time and I just deal with it.