Sponsored by:

Vais Tech vs. Dice Electronics Ipod Integration Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-09, 06:12 AM
waymay1305
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vais Tech vs. Dice Electronics Ipod Integration Kit

I currently have an 08 ES 350 w/nav & satelite radio and would like to get an ipod integration kit. Most Dallas area dealerships are wanting $650 or more for a complete installation. Way too much. Which of these aftermarket kits should I go with? Pros and cons are appreciated. Does anyone know of a Dallas area installer? Thanks.
Old 04-27-09, 09:40 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by waymay1305
I currently have an 08 ES 350 w/nav & satelite radio and would like to get an ipod integration kit. Most Dallas area dealerships are wanting $650 or more for a complete installation. Way too much. Which of these aftermarket kits should I go with? Pros and cons are appreciated. Does anyone know of a Dallas area installer? Thanks.
Of course we suggest you install our units in your car! Email me at info@vaistech.com We have a couple good installers in Dallas.

Thanks,
Old 04-30-09, 10:14 AM
Trav@DICE
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by waymay1305
We have always had an amazing kit that our customers really like. Our kits are very easy to install and use. The user interface does allow you to have access to browse through all of your playlist, artiest, and albums. We have just recently upgraded our kit to offer a new mode to control your iPod. The new Silverline Pro kit offers you a SMART mode. This will allow you to have full control of the iPod from the iPod and also still have the full text display on the radio/Navi display.

All of our kits have been upgraded to work with the new 5V Charging system that all the newer iPod models use.

We are offering a forum special pricing on our new kit. We are offerin 10% off of our retail price of $169.99. That brings the price for the kit to $153.00. We are also going to include free ground shipping as well. This offer is good till May 15,2009.

We have many Lexus and Toyota dealers that use our kits.
Old 04-30-09, 05:08 PM
irfan
Rookie

well since you both are replying.. do either of you offer scrolling via the tune dial? or do you have to continuously hit the down arrow and only see artists in groups of 6 on each screen?

seems like it would be a pain to scroll
Old 05-05-09, 02:05 PM
Trav@DICE
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by irfan
well since you both are replying.. do either of you offer scrolling via the tune dial? or do you have to continuously hit the down arrow and only see artists in groups of 6 on each screen?

seems like it would be a pain to scroll
To be able to use the tune dial you will have to have the kit in SAT mode. This will disable the factory satellite tuner. To retain the factory satellite you must have the kit in CD Changer mode. The radio will only display one artiest at a time on the radio.

Will the new SMART mode you will have full access of the iPod from the iPod and still have text information displayed on the radio. In this mode you will still have controls from the radio and/or from the steering wheel control or radio.
Old 05-06-09, 02:19 PM
P_M_G
Pit Crew

I'm interested to know from you guys what I need to add iPod support

05 GS300
No Nav / No Sat
iPod Nano 4th Gen

And if you have installer contacts in South Orange County (CA) area....

Thanks
Old 05-06-09, 03:19 PM
Trav@DICE
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by P_M_G
I'm interested to know from you guys what I need to add iPod support

05 GS300
No Nav / No Sat
iPod Nano 4th Gen

And if you have installer contacts in South Orange County (CA) area....

Thanks
The kit you will need for that car is the i-Toyota-R kit. On that car you have to run the kit in CD Changer mode. This kit should work just fine in that car for you.

I have a dealer in Huntington Beach, Ca. He has the kits in stock at his store. The store is Al n Ed's Autosound on Beach Blvd. You can reach them at 714-848-8489 ask for JT or John. He does know the Lexus and toyota cars inside and out.

Let me know if you have any other questions
Old 05-06-09, 08:56 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the Dice kit gives Ipod (including steering wheel controls) integration, HD Radio, as well as an aux input? The video dock listed on the website, would that display video from an ipod/iphone on the screen as well? Any good dealers/installers located in Los Angeles county?

Oh, and in the ipod integration kit, under images, the 2007 ES350 looks like a GS, and the 2007 GS sure does look like an IS dash.
Old 05-07-09, 11:33 AM
Trav@DICE
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mysteryan
So the Dice kit gives Ipod (including steering wheel controls) integration, HD Radio, as well as an aux input? The video dock listed on the website, would that display video from an ipod/iphone on the screen as well? Any good dealers/installers located in Los Angeles county?

Oh, and in the ipod integration kit, under images, the 2007 ES350 looks like a GS, and the 2007 GS sure does look like an IS dash.
The HD radio is currently being updated at this time. We only have the iPod intergration kits avalible. Yes the iPod will be able to be controled from the radio and the steering wheel controls. The kit does have an 1/8" audio input for anyother audio device that you would like to hook up. As for the video display yes it will send video through to a rear seat video system in the vehicle.

Where in Los Angeles county are you located in. We have alot of dealers in that county. Just want to find one that is close to you and that knows the Lexus vehicles very well.
Old 05-07-09, 08:55 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trav@DICE
The HD radio is currently being updated at this time. We only have the iPod intergration kits avalible. Yes the iPod will be able to be controled from the radio and the steering wheel controls. The kit does have an 1/8" audio input for anyother audio device that you would like to hook up. As for the video display yes it will send video through to a rear seat video system in the vehicle.

Where in Los Angeles county are you located in. We have alot of dealers in that county. Just want to find one that is close to you and that knows the Lexus vehicles very well.
In the Alhambra/San Gabriel area, but would travel further for a more qualified installer. Any word on when the HD Radio will finish updating? Having all three of these options is the dealbreaker for me to pick up a DiCE unit.
Old 05-08-09, 09:10 AM
Trav@DICE
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mysteryan
In the Alhambra/San Gabriel area, but would travel further for a more qualified installer. Any word on when the HD Radio will finish updating? Having all three of these options is the dealbreaker for me to pick up a DiCE unit.
I am sorry at this time I do not have an exact ETA. Our engineers are working on a solution for HD. This is something that I will be more then glad to add you to the update list for as soon as it gets ready. In the mean time I have a very experianced dealer in Pasadena. The Al n Ed's Autosound at 3689 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91107 (626) 583-8700. You can speak with Danny or Filo.
Old 05-13-09, 02:49 PM
irfan
Rookie

do y ou have a video of the ipod DICE interface? Im curious how the tune **** is implemented, and what you mean by just having one artist on the screen... I always have 6 buttons for the radio/CD so id like to see what you mean.

I dont use SAT radio anyways
Old 05-15-09, 11:21 AM
P_M_G
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Trav@DICE
The kit you will need for that car is the i-Toyota-R kit. On that car you have to run the kit in CD Changer mode. This kit should work just fine in that car for you.

I have a dealer in Huntington Beach, Ca. He has the kits in stock at his store. The store is Al n Ed's Autosound on Beach Blvd. You can reach them at 714-848-8489 ask for JT or John. He does know the Lexus and toyota cars inside and out.

Let me know if you have any other questions
I don't get why my stock unit won't show names? It shows radio station names, song and artist names as well....

I saw the FM RDS "universal" model - my stock unit has RDS - would this one give me the artist/title info on screen since it appears the one you mention does not support text on my system?
Old 05-15-09, 05:46 PM
irfan
Rookie

so the DICE does NOT show info like this?:

Old 05-18-09, 10:04 AM
P_M_G
Pit Crew

I was referring specifically to my 05 GS300 without NAV...I'm guessing the Dice unit for newer models or those with nav would indeed give you access similar to that in your pics.

Quick Reply: Vais Tech vs. Dice Electronics Ipod Integration Kit