Sponsored by:

Vais Tech vs. Dice Electronics Ipod Integration Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-09, 11:23 AM
Trav@DICE
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by irfan
do y ou have a video of the ipod DICE interface? Im curious how the tune **** is implemented, and what you mean by just having one artist on the screen... I always have 6 buttons for the radio/CD so id like to see what you mean.

I dont use SAT radio anyways
The kit will emulate what ever mode the kit is in. If it is in CD Changer mode it will operate just like the external CD Changer would. If you have the kit in SAT mode then it would function just like the SAT tuner would be controled.

Sorry We do not have any videos of the interface in action.
Old 05-18-09, 01:26 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's new in the HD Dice update anyways? Iphone 3G charging? Wondering if I should wait or find a retailer with the old one in stock.
Old 05-19-09, 09:34 AM
Trav@DICE
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mysteryan
What's new in the HD Dice update anyways? Iphone 3G charging? Wondering if I should wait or find a retailer with the old one in stock.
HD is still being worked on at this time. HD radio did some major changes to the way they broadcast. We are doing software and hardware updates so everything works correctly.

All of our iPod kits as of mid Novermber were updated with the 5V charging system.
Old 05-19-09, 05:45 PM
irfan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Trav@DICE
The kit will emulate what ever mode the kit is in. If it is in CD Changer mode it will operate just like the external CD Changer would. If you have the kit in SAT mode then it would function just like the SAT tuner would be controled.

Sorry We do not have any videos of the interface in action.
Unfortunately I dont have SAT and I dont have an external changer, just the internal 6 disc... from your response I assume the external (didnt even know one existed) interface is not like the internal...
Old 05-19-09, 10:15 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does your ipod adapter allow video playback? while not being park?

will the hd and ipod be sold as one adaptor or unit?
Old 05-27-09, 09:21 AM
Trav@DICE
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by irfan
Unfortunately I dont have SAT and I dont have an external changer, just the internal 6 disc... from your response I assume the external (didnt even know one existed) interface is not like the internal...
All the Toyota and Lexus radios will support an external CD Changer as well. Even if you have an indash 6 disc there is still a plug in the back of the radio.
Old 05-27-09, 09:24 AM
Trav@DICE
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by malujerry
does your ipod adapter allow video playback? while not being park?

will the hd and ipod be sold as one adaptor or unit?
Our kits does not deal with video at all. We have a cradle that you can use to send the video throuh to a rear seat entertainment system.

The HD kit(on hold at this time) does have the ablity to have an iPod cable plugged into it. The iPod kit does not have the ability to have the HD hooked up to it.
Old 12-10-09, 10:42 AM
jhd
Driver School Candidate

Does the DICE unit support iPhones in addition to iPods? Your website doesn't mention them either way.
Old 12-15-09, 01:35 AM
iifobicii
Driver School Candidate

so there is no video playback through the nav screen?
Old 01-07-10, 02:57 PM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suspect this post is too late to help some but may help others. I used the VAIS Tech in my 2004 SC430 but have gone with the iSimple Gateway (emulates Sat Radio) in my 2008 RX350 (no Nav).

It sounds great, charges the iPhone and iTouch and has a 3.5 aux input as well. The same installer that did the VAIS SLU in the SC did the iSimple in the RX.

The iSimple turned out to cost a little less than the VT SLU.

This is a new install in both cars so I will have more to post as time passes.
Old 01-13-10, 07:23 AM
zachpapa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SCRXOwner
I suspect this post is too late to help some but may help others. I used the VAIS Tech in my 2004 SC430 but have gone with the iSimple Gateway (emulates Sat Radio) in my 2008 RX350 (no Nav).

It sounds great, charges the iPhone and iTouch and has a 3.5 aux input as well. The same installer that did the VAIS SLU in the SC did the iSimple in the RX.

The iSimple turned out to cost a little less than the VT SLU.

This is a new install in both cars so I will have more to post as time passes.
Any feedback on the iSimple Gateway would be great...photos from the interface even better.
Old 01-24-10, 05:46 PM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default iSimple Gateway

So far the iSimple Gateway in the 08 RX350 has been very nice. It has three "mods" Ipod, Aux1, and Aux2. The first one gives you control over the Ipod via the steering wheel and the Radio. Also the song and artist are shown on the radio (I do not have nav). You have different ways to access the playlists. The Aux1 lets you control the Ipod/Iphone via the IPhone. You can still advance songs via the steering wheel and the radio. Both Ipod and Aux1 charges the Iphone. Aux2 is a 3.5 audio input.

So far I am very pleased with the iSimple Gateway. You need AM/SAT showing on the radio to use the iSimple, since the iSimple Gateway emulates SAT radio.

I am also very pleased with the VAIS SLU with an iSimple cable that allows the Iphone to be played and charged as well. I have not tried to see if there is any steering wheel control or radio control with the 2004 SC430 with the VAIS SLU - I don't think so with the 2004. The audio is what I was after in the SC and the iPhone charging and I got both of those.

I do not have any pics and the pics would not really show much other than the iSimple cable and the 3.5 in the center console.
Old 01-26-10, 09:03 PM
AZ06IS350
Pole Position

Trav@Dice and VaisTech,

What products do you have, if any, that will allow me to plug in my flash drive or other USB device and not only listen to music files but watch video files as well through my nav unit?
Old 01-27-10, 08:42 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

If you connect VML to your car then you can plug in iPod and or USB sticks through USB port on the VML, but unfortunately it doesn't play video. SL2Vi can integrate iPod into your car and will give you ability to watch video from iPod on your nav screen.
Old 01-27-10, 04:10 PM
AZ06IS350
Pole Position

^^So it only allows video play through an ipod? It will not allow me to watch video using another USB device (flash drive) or perhaps even my blackberry, which is my mp3/video player?

Quick Reply: Vais Tech vs. Dice Electronics Ipod Integration Kit