Sponsored by:

Audio- new setup using stock sub/amp

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-08, 03:32 PM
sc300sc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio- new setup using stock sub/amp

Hey guys, I want to get a new head unit and infiniti speakers, both fronts and rears to be 6.5"'s but I dont really want a new sub or amp as I dont listen to music extremely loud but definitely want it louder than my basic stock system and clearer too. Can I use the stock amp/sub and be fine with this? Thanks.
Old 05-13-08, 06:38 PM
CDY
Pole Position

yes, but the wiring harness for the SC is for the base system and does not include a connection to the sub harness so you'll have to solder some wires. Does the headunit you're planning to use have separate sub outs or do you plan on tapping into your rear speaker signal?
Old 05-13-08, 07:19 PM
sc300sc
Driver School Candidate

it has sub outlets yes. does the sub outlet go to the factory sub amp and if so, which amp does it go to and what connection would i use? would RCA's work, are there RCA' inputs on the amp? thanks alot.
Old 05-13-08, 11:04 PM
CDY
Pole Position

http://www.intellexual.net/faq/lexusstereo.swf

The aftermarket harness you get will plug into "Socket A." You will need to run RCA-SPKR wire from the sub out and splice it to wires "D1 and D5" on "Socket D." Make sure you combine SubL+ with SubR+ and SubL- with SubR- (so you get two feeds to the +/- of the sub amp).

You can run new wires to the sub amp if you want to go the extra mile, but I was in somewhat of a hurry when I did mine so I didn't feel like taking out my back seat. Your sub won't be super loud my way, but it will definitely hit.
Old 05-13-08, 11:40 PM
sc300sc
Driver School Candidate

thanks alot.

Originally Posted by CDY

The aftermarket harness you get will plug into "Socket A." You will need to run RCA-SPKR wire from the sub out and splice it to wires "D1 and D5" on "Socket D." Make sure you combine SubL+ with SubR+ and SubL- with SubR- (so you get two feeds to the +/- of the sub amp).

You can run new wires to the sub amp if you want to go the extra mile, but I was in somewhat of a hurry when I did mine so I didn't feel like taking out my back seat. Your sub won't be super loud my way, but it will definitely hit.
Old 05-16-08, 02:29 PM
sc300sc
Driver School Candidate

Another question, can I use 6.5" speakers for both fronts and rears or what do you recommend? I know the stocks are 4". thanks
Old 05-16-08, 03:30 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CDY

Right on bro! Good find, I'm getting ready to put in a new head unit and this is just what I needed to get it done. Thanks
Old 05-17-08, 09:04 AM
CDY
Pole Position

You don't need to run anything bigger than 4" if you're willing to drop some money on premium components. I'm still amazed at the performance of my stock Nakamichi's and they're 10 years old! I would say you're safe going to 5.25" if you must, but I wouldn't do 6.5" unless you're planning on some custom door moldings. That's just my opinion though, to each his own.

If you're looking for higher SPL while maintaining SQ, I would recommend the Focal 100KP.

http://focal-america.com/