Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Your dream GS Car Audio setup?!!

Old 09-30-01, 09:11 PM
TX GS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your dream GS Car Audio setup?!!

If you had your way, what would be your dream GS audio setup, with the following constraints?

Only a couple ground rules...You'd have to keep the trunk somewhat usable and you can't destroy or eliminate seats etc......anything else goes...

Here's mine...

Alpine CDA-7990 AlpineF#1Status In-Dash CD Tuner/Ai-NET Controller

Alpine DVA-5205 DVD/Video CD/Audio CD Player/Ai-NET System Component

Panasonic CY-VMC7000U In-Dash 7” (Diagonal) Wide Color LCD Monitor/CD Player

2 Dynaudio MW 190 Subs

Dynaudio System 360 component set system

Not sure about amps...any thoughts...any opinions on this system?
Old 10-01-01, 07:06 AM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Tx,

It's a good solid system with great speakers! If you're going after audio and video (which is what it looks like) then I'd stick with what you have or go with the Eclipse lineup. For amps I would definitely recommend McIntosh if money is no object.

As for being a dream system...I already have mine. It's in the trunk right now and I have to rebuild the faceplate, hookup the wires and tune the system. Should be interesting. Those that have been on the board know what I have.

Percy
Old 10-01-01, 10:16 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

I'll think of some way to put 2 18's in the trunk:eek: :eek: :eek:
Old 10-01-01, 09:50 PM
TX GS
Driver

EPK,

Do you have any thoughts on the Kappa components?

I was thinking about getting them for my 02 Explorer.

Thanks

Derek
Old 10-02-01, 06:57 AM
Percy

Not EPK but answering anyways...

I've had Kappa speakers before and they were alright. A bit muddy and the high end was a bit pronounced due to the EMIT tweeter, but not too bad for the price.

Percy
Old 10-02-01, 08:01 AM
TX GS
Driver

Thanks Percy, would you reccommend another 5x7 application over kappa? Any thoughts on MB Quart 5x7" 2-Way DISCUS Coaxial Speakers, MB Quart REFERENCE RKC113, Clarion ProAudio SRC5753 5x7 or the new Cerwin-Vega IT-683 3-Way Speaker?

Derek
Old 10-02-01, 09:42 AM
Percy

Derek,

Why 5x7? If there was an adapter to take a 5x7 to a 6.5 or even a 5.25 inch round speaker, I'd do it. The rounds sound better as they have less cone flexure and distortion. As for 5.25 inch speakers...Dynaudio MW150's. They're component speakers though. If you can't afford the Dyns (they're worth saving for) then audition a pair of a/d/s/ , Focal or Diamond HEX speakers.

Percy
Old 10-02-01, 05:00 PM
TX GS
Driver

I'm not aware of an adapter, I was just asking about these 5x7's as I'm in the market for 2 pair.

On a side note...

I've been going around to the local car audio shops just to pick some brains and get any ideas I can and, it's amazing how these salesman try and tell you something is the best...

My first stop revealed through the salesman that not only do Focal's "suck" for the money but pioneer 5x7's are the best available 5 x 7. OOOOKKKKKK.......

Also, apparently the L7 is now the greatest subwoofer in the history of car audio...

The second store visited schooled me on the value of clarion component speakers being wayyyyyy ahead of the technology curve. The guy also claimed there wasn't a better, cleaner and more efficient amp on the market than a crossfire.

2 down and a couple more to go, I'll keep ya posted on these eternal truths...
Old 10-02-01, 06:29 PM
Percy

Originally posted by TX GS
I'm not aware of an adapter, I was just asking about these 5x7's as I'm in the market for 2 pair.

On a side note...

I've been going around to the local car audio shops just to pick some brains and get any ideas I can and, it's amazing how these salesman try and tell you something is the best...

My first stop revealed through the salesman that not only do Focal's "suck" for the money but pioneer 5x7's are the best available 5 x 7. OOOOKKKKKK.......

Also, apparently the L7 is now the greatest subwoofer in the history of car audio...

The second store visited schooled me on the value of clarion component speakers being wayyyyyy ahead of the technology curve. The guy also claimed there wasn't a better, cleaner and more efficient amp on the market than a crossfire.

2 down and a couple more to go, I'll keep ya posted on these eternal truths...
***Better not put the name and location of these shops...they'll have to deal with me. >)

Percy
Old 10-02-01, 09:05 PM
TX GS
Driver

Talking

LOL Percy, please cut them some slack, after all, we're in Waco, TX. Seriously, I left these places thinking how in the world can they spew this garbage all day...Oh well, to each his own.

Derek
Old 10-02-01, 09:22 PM
Mayur Patel
Driver

TX GS,

you must have went to JACKS and SOUNDS SOLUTION..... is that correct??? i went there a few days ago, trying to get my amp installed and he's trying to sell me some pioneer components??? whast up with that... these guys absolutely know NOTHING!!!!!
if i were you, i would stay away from them and find a car audio shop in dallas or the place i went to get my system done. they are very professional and have worked on many nice vehicles. i could go on and on about them, but i'll let u see for youself.

mayur
Old 10-03-01, 07:57 AM
TX GS
Driver

Red face

Mayur,

You got it...I went to Jack's for my 02 Explorer and I was educated in the world of Audiophilic Pioneer 5x7's...LOL...

I would never use a shop here, I would only use Mobile Sound Systems in Arlington or Car Toys in Arlington...

Mobile is the closest dealer of Dynaudio and Diamond Audio etc...

See ya

Derek