Sponsored by:

sc400 subwoofer replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-04, 01:32 PM
liazon
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Default sc400 subwoofer replacement

i've read the threads.......not well enough it seems as i purchased a kicker compvr 10" to replace my existing 1 ohm 10" sub in my 1992 sc400 (non nakamichi) based on thread recommendations.

it doesn't fit for two reasons.......the mounting depth is excessive and the bracket on the woofer for the speaker wires are located separately on the outsides of the woofer vs tightly together just above the magnet.

i need recommendations for a subwoofer that will actually fit w/o any customization based upon someones' actual experience. please.
thanks.

Last edited by liazon; 11-17-04 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-17-04, 08:37 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Re: sc400 subwoofer replacement

Originally posted by liazon
i've read the threads.......not well enough it seems as i purchased a kicker compvr 10" to replace my existing 1 ohm 10" sub in my 1992 sc400 (non nakamichi) based on thread recommendations.

it doesn't fit for two reasons.......the mounting depth is excessive and the bracket on the woofer for the speaker wires are located separately on the outsides of the woofer vs tightly together just above the magnet.

i need recommendations for a subwoofer that will actually fit w/o any customization based upon someones' actual experience. please.
thanks.
is the kicker speaker a free-air one? the 10" jl audio IB4 will fit perfect...if you can find one..the wires will connect with a little modification.. i posted a picture and a description of what you need to do to make it work...i had the Nak system by the way so i had a little more OEM power than you...any how here is the link...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&highlight=IB4

good luck!!

CEO
Old 11-26-15, 07:02 AM
bobbygamer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally killed my Nak system also but sub looked fine still so I got a Precision Power PPI i640.5 5-channel amp it fits in the factory location I also changed out the fronts with MTX Thunder40's and put some Cerwin-vega 6.5s in the back (was a pain had to cut up deck lid with dremel) sounds great the sub is 5 ohms I had to turn up the amp to get it to thump good

fitting oversized Cerwin-vegas