IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I too am moving on

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-19, 07:00 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default I too am moving on

So if you follow me on Instagram, you know I recently cracked a wheel. This was a bit if a tipping point for me to let go of the car. A lot of little, and some not so little, things were starting to bother me. I've been needing a truck for a while now and I, unfortunately cannot have both right now.
Tomorrow, if all goes well, I'll be driving home in a new Ford Ranger FX4 sport package in hot pepper red. Getting a good deal and the color of the truck really spoke to me. Pretty much knew I wanted it as soon as I saw it.
I have enjoyed the car and this forum very much for the past 6 years. There is so much knowledge and sense of community here and I hope the new owner finds the same hospitality everyone has shown me here.
It's been great getting to meet many of you at various meets and sharing stories and experiences both in person and on here.
It's bitter sweet as I am purchasing my first brand new vehicle but I am losing a car that has given me very fond memories.
I will still be around and got some parts I'll be listing for sale soon, most of my after market parts are going with the car so whoever the new owner is will be getting a lot of nice power upgrades.
Thank you everyone for inspiring me in many ways and please continue to do so for the future owners!

Old 06-21-19, 07:57 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Best of luck with the new platform. I've never felt the need to have a truck for a daily, but everyone has different needs. Sad to see you've done a lot to restore the beauty and function of your IS F only to end your relationship, but I can certainly understand it. I have a 26 year old Supra in my garage as a testament to "I just can't say goodbye yet" even when it's probably in my best financial interest. I sincerely hope the new ride is everything you hope for!
Old 06-21-19, 10:34 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

I can understand the need for a truck for anyone that owns a house. My Silverado, regular cab, long bed is my daily and you never know when you might need it vehicle. I've owned trucks since my days in Santa Barbara back in the 70s, 80s and 90s.. What got me into my first truck was an incident that took place in the parking lot of a Vons super market that took place in 1988. I was loading 6 bags of water softener salt into the back of my Porsche 944 when a guy walked past me and muttered - "That's a nice Porsche truck you got." I laughed, but the next day I bought my first truck, a red Nissan hard body. The Porsche nor any of my cars that followed were never beasts of burden again.

Lou
Old 06-22-19, 03:35 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Lance and Lou. It's rough for sure and i can't say for sure that I won't be back. My F was for sure a very fun build with headaches along the was most builds are lol.
I had three choices I narrowed down my search to. Ford Ranger, Toyota Tacoma, Jeep Gladiator. Jeep got tossed pretty quickly as dealerships are marking prices way up since they are selling so well and I could never find one to go look at. So it came down to which would suit me better. Both the Tacoma and Ranger had what I was looking for but to me the Tacoma was a little bit smaller and the Rangers features were a bit more refined and felt it would suit me a little bit better.
Lou I've done very similar things in the F. It's quite funny to see people's faces when I walk to the car with a few 2x4s, pop the trunk, then slide them into the ski whole. Lol.
Old 06-22-19, 05:30 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

😥😥😥. Was very sad to hear this a few days ago and I was hoping you were just thinking about it.... apparently not and its like I'm losing a brother😪. You were definitely my main F guy out of state and always invited me with open arms down to GA for F meets!
Good luck with the truck! I too am pulling the trigger on a new truck ('18 Chevy High Country) here in the next week, but the F would be the last vehicle to go....can't do it! Love it too much! But I do understand why it has to go in your case.
Dealership giving you decent trade in value?!

V.

Last edited by Vitveet; 06-22-19 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-22-19, 02:30 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vitveet
😥😥😥. Was very sad to hear this a few days ago and I was hoping you were just thinking about it.... apparently not and it like I'm losing a brother😪. You were definitely my man F guy out of state and always invited me with open arms down to GA for F meets!
Good luck with the truck! I too am pulling the trigger on a new truck ('18 Chevy High Country) here in the next week, but the F would be the last vehicle to go....can't do it! Love it too much! But I do understand why it has to go in your case.
Dealership giving you decent trade in value?!

V.
You're not losing a brother dude! Always here lol. Yes dealership gave me a good trade.
It was definitely odd doing one last check to make sure I got everything out, then pulling off and driving home. Got a lot to get used to as I am sitting much higher! The truck feels bigger that it is.
Old 06-22-19, 04:11 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Yep, driving a truck is definitely different. My Silverado is wide and high and has no backup camera

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 06-22-19 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-22-19, 06:27 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Can't wait to actually start using it.
The following users liked this post:
CAHWY128 (06-23-19)
Old 06-22-19, 08:14 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Is that just a rail cap or did you get a bed liner? If I ever decided I needed a truck, the first thing I would do is get the bed protected because I know for sure I would be abusing it.
Old 06-23-19, 04:56 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

That is just a rail cap. I am getting the bed sprayed, it was part of the deal when I got the truck, soon. Just gotta take some time from work to drop it off.
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (06-23-19)
Old 06-23-19, 10:36 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

We'll see you back here!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-23-19, 10:57 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Is that just a rail cap or did you get a bed liner?
If you look at the pic below (tailgate below the rail cover) you can see that there is no bed protection:

Lou
Old 06-23-19, 05:29 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Smh. You should have been a detective. You’re so smart.

Originally Posted by flowrider
If you look at the pic below (tailgate below the rail cover) you can see that there is no bed protection:

Lou
Old 06-23-19, 05:49 PM
user 692802
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Sad to see one of the OG's move on! Ive gotten so many hints and tips from your posts and many other OG's appreciate thanks!
Old 06-23-19, 06:19 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Neu2lex
Sad to see one of the OG's move on! Ive gotten so many hints and tips from your posts and many other OG's appreciate thanks!
Thanks for the kind words. Not an OG though lol. I didn't come around here until like 2013. I'll still be around for a while I think. I still got some parts to list lol.

Quick Reply: I too am moving on