IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Norcal auto shops for header installations

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-18, 12:26 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Lightbulb Norcal auto shops for header installations

So I finally decided to get the ISF power package from RR-Racing. I want to thank Rafi and Simon for all their support. I had a bunch or questions and both answer in a timely matter. I have been driving with crack stock gutted OEM manifolds for way too long. It's time for a worthy upgrade besides super charging and Nitrous. I heard awesome reviews with the tune intake as well. FBO, here I come! The next step for me is the hardest. I need a shop or mechanic who knows what they are doing. Preferable a shop/mechanic who worked on our ISF models. Does anyone know a shop that can do header installation? I'm in Sacramento area. Willing to go a radius of 100 miles from Sacramento....maybe a little more depending. Can anyone help me out with recommendations? Thanks in advance guys.
Old 09-30-18, 03:22 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Any help would really help a fellow member.
Old 09-30-18, 09:23 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Tommy music box in EL MONTE make it a road trip. check on the facebook group as they just had a all F meet this weekend
Old 10-01-18, 12:29 AM
xaker777
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by idoke1
So I finally decided to get the ISF power package from RR-Racing. I want to thank Rafi and Simon for all their support. I had a bunch or questions and both answer in a timely matter. I have been driving with crack stock gutted OEM manifolds for way too long. It's time for a worthy upgrade besides super charging and Nitrous. I heard awesome reviews with the tune intake as well. FBO, here I come! The next step for me is the hardest. I need a shop or mechanic who knows what they are doing. Preferable a shop/mechanic who worked on our ISF models. Does anyone know a shop that can do header installation? I'm in Sacramento area. Willing to go a radius of 100 miles from Sacramento....maybe a little more depending. Can anyone help me out with recommendations? Thanks in advance guys.

i dont know any shops in sac. I'm in Fresno, i have shop near me that will rent a lift for $25 an hour. So I do work myself. But I'd love to try your car after you install headers. Starting to get used to stock speed
Old 10-01-18, 04:39 PM
airvtec
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are willing to drive to San Jose, check out Speed Element. They installed my headers.
Old 10-01-18, 05:09 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Thanks for all the heads up guys. I may try speed element. Airvtec, do you know how much they charged you?
Old 10-02-18, 07:24 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Try HTL Motorsports bro!

Danny is the best. Let him know Steven with the RC-F sent you.
Old 10-03-18, 05:56 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Thanks a bunch guys. I will be making several calls this week
Old 11-03-18, 12:48 PM
rdr2go
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you find one to do the work? How were they?
Old 11-03-18, 07:11 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Originally Posted by rdr2go
Did you find one to do the work? How were they?
I actually decided to do the work myself as most of the price quotes were well over $1k in my neck of the woods. It took about 6 hours completing the job with me and cousin switching our backs from underneath the car.
Old 11-04-18, 12:16 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by idoke1
I actually decided to do the work myself as most of the price quotes were well over $1k in my neck of the woods. It took about 6 hours completing the job with me and cousin switching our backs from underneath the car.
Sometimes its best to let the pros handles jobs like this, not saying you aren't capable of handling it but it may be less headache to have them to do it. Kudos to you if you tackle it with some help.

I believe you pm-ed me in the past, NA Performance (Eman) in Ventura does stellar work. People from norcal go to him for big all motor/transmission jobs. They drive over night get there in the morning and finish during the whole weekend for high hp builds and dog box transmissions. He also uses all Snap On gear and knows how to use it, has multiple lifts, hoists for subframes, etc.. Although your header should take him only 4-6 hours without messing around. Took mine about six but that's because he was inspecting all the other nuts and bolts and prior warranty valley Plate job that Lexus performed.

Im still on my original sensors, installed my header correctly with no wheel alignment issues, etc...Its been a few years now... and no Im not getting paid to do this lol!

Although my stock headers weren't cracked or anything you can clearly see the horrible oem header design. Surprisingly the ppe headers still look as they did day 1.

Prices were very reasonable I believe 6-800 homie hook up price. There are other shops that can go cheaper, but I didn't mind as he has done a lot of good work for me in the past, but it be best if you call him up directly. And as long as you have the o2 extensions, pnp o2 sim from ppe. oil dip stick relocator, everything should be fairly simple.

Good luck!

Old 11-04-18, 01:12 PM
JSong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Horse Power Industries in Fairfield. Karlo did my headers for $680. Everything went smooth, got the car back the next day.

Last edited by JSong; 11-04-18 at 01:19 PM.