IS-F - Horsepower increase

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-11, 04:29 AM
chow70
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS-F - Horsepower increase

Good Morning .....

Brand new IS-F owner! Traded in my overpriced, 2007 Mercedes Benz CLS63, for an 09' IS-F. What can I say, what a sick car.

Does anyone know of a licensed, reputable, shop that can increase the horsepower in my engine to 500 + ? I am already at 417, I would like to get up to 500.

Great pics guys ..... great job on all the IS-F lines.
Old 08-04-11, 05:59 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Exhaust and headers should do the trick
Old 08-04-11, 06:03 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

This might help you out... JE Import Perfromance is one of the few East Coast shops that specializes in the IS-F... there in Baltimore
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...evolution.html
Old 08-04-11, 06:26 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

I recommend JE in Baltimore as well. With Headers and exhaust you won't be 500+, but you'll be around a respectable 480. <<crank hp
Old 08-04-11, 09:09 AM
Steve727
Lead Lap

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!
Old 08-04-11, 09:18 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I also recommend JE Autoperformance in Baltimore. The reason is that they specialize in the F and I know they have worked on many many Fs, before mine. I live in Chicago and drove +700 miles for peace of mind. It was 100% worth it. Also downtown Baltimore is a great hangout when theyr'e working on your car.
Old 08-04-11, 11:44 AM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the F!!
Just curious...Why did you think the CLS63 was overpriced?
Old 08-04-11, 12:47 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Congratz on the F. Headers/intake/exhaust would put you close to 500 crank hp.
Old 08-04-11, 02:51 PM
jm26
Driver School Candidate

I'm near chicago too..... Dang that's a long drive, there's nothing you trusted here?
Originally Posted by PurduePete
I also recommend JE Autoperformance in Baltimore. The reason is that they specialize in the F and I know they have worked on many many Fs, before mine. I live in Chicago and drove +700 miles for peace of mind. It was 100% worth it. Also downtown Baltimore is a great hangout when theyr'e working on your car.
Old 08-04-11, 03:21 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^JE has installed over 40+ sets of SIKKY IS-F headers with no issues from anyone... A long drive for everything perfect first time around. Headers in our cars are something you only wanna do/deal with installing once. i drove 6 1/2 hours from Vermont... For my headers/exhaust then again for my nitrous kit. They did an amazing job for both installs.
Old 08-04-11, 04:12 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jm26
I'm near chicago too..... Dang that's a long drive, there's nothing you trusted here?
I've had lessons learned from many years ago that I stick by, that is, take it to someone who has done it before, who has experience.

The only shop reputable enough around Chicago was AMS, but then they have never worked on an IS-F before. In two instances, either it was poor customer service or them just not wanting my business, my requests for quotes were ignored. The 1st time, was through the phone and email, but the second time, I actually drove to their shop and had them look at my F. I even went out of my way to print out all the DIY threads and pictures on exhaust and header install for them. I was promised a quote through email later, but it never came. No need for a third try. Sure they're world renown, but only for GTRs. Also, after looking at my engine bay, I was a little shocked that they kept on saying that the engine had to be removed to install the headers similar to the GTR. Actually, I'm glad I didn't get the quote....

Believe me bro, a 10 hour drive in an F on the highway will feel like 5 hours. Then the drive back will feel like 2.5 hours b/c not only are you driving an F, but now you have the headers.....

BTW, don't forget to visit the Club Lexus Chicago sections.

Last edited by PurduePete; 08-04-11 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-04-11, 06:08 PM
chow70
Rookie

Default Thank you!

Thanks guys for all the feedback in regards to my new IS-F. To be honest, I am going to enjoy it a little before I get work done on it next year. I will go ahead and contact the guys in Baltimore, based on your recommendations.

Looking at some of the pictures on the forum on everyone's IS-F line, I was quite impressed. I really thought I was a minority of how religious I take care of my car, I guess I was wrong! [ Who else parks there car alone all the way in the back of the parking lot? ]

Someone had asked about my CLS63 AMG. Simply put, I wouldn't recommend anyone to pay that kind of money. It didn't even have a back up camera! Can you imagine? I paid $87k for this thing in 08' and no back up camera?!?! The stereo system was also awful, along with the controls in the car. I bought the car because of the engine ..... although it was raw power, after my experiences with the LS line, I knew all my business was going to be with Lexus.
Old 08-04-11, 08:03 PM
rhy
Pole Position

Check out these guys

Last edited by rhy; 08-16-11 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-04-11, 08:12 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

its stuff like this that makes me want to move myself and my f to the mainland...im in hawaii and no one out here works on F's like in the states..i gotta do everything myself..the only thing is good body shops out here thats about it..
Old 08-05-11, 05:42 AM
madastep
Pole Position

i got the same thing here in Oklahoma, they all talk about pulling the engine, even after a print out of the sikky install instructions are shown to them, i finally found a shop similar to the AfterFX one, filled with vipers and lambos that looked at the instructions and quoted a price right then for about roughly what everyone else paid on these forums
now i just need my drivers side header, muhuhaha

Quick Reply: IS-F - Horsepower increase