IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Recommendations on Purchasing a 08 SFP ISF

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-15, 10:42 PM
vglBay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations on Purchasing a 08 SFP ISF

Hows it going ISF community, I ve been a lurker on this forum for quite some time. Im currently located in Atlanta and I have been on a hunt for a USB or SFP Isf. My budget is currently in the low 30s and stumbled upon this ISF located in Oklahoma, I just want to see if any of the members here are familiar with this particular listing...its at Robert's Auto Group; the reviews on this dealership are so-so. Im in the process lf buying it sight unseen, I may get a PPI done though. Heres the link to the listing:
http://www.robertsautocenter.com/mob...OK/vd/30475892
Old 11-12-15, 11:03 PM
BuLLdAwG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would definitely get a PPI. You stated dealership reviews are so so and per the carfax, it's a 5 owner vehicle. While that's not a positive, it's not necessarily a negative. What are the chances all 5 owners took great care of the vehicle and serviced regularly? Look at the carfax and plug the VIN into lexus drivers.

To me, the front bumper looks funny. It could be their pictures or it could be something. An independent PPI should send you high rez pictures and give a good run down on the overall condition, cosmetic and mechanical.
Old 11-13-15, 06:06 AM
sethISF
Rookie

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/clt/5259484280.html

2012 SFP about 1.5 hours up I-75 from you. He's asking $37,500 so you can probably negotiate some. I've seen the car in person and it is immaculate. 43k miles and under warranty until 3/5/17.
Old 11-13-15, 06:50 AM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The cpo warranty does not transfer to new buyer . The only warranty you will have is the power train . Mrd916 and Rsximus also had cpo cars that where cpo and Lexus told them it does not tranfer. Also it has the 2010 2011 year wheels on instead of the 2012 wheels . Good luck be patient lots of good deals out there now look nationwide and private party sales.
Old 11-13-15, 07:05 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sethISF
http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/clt/5259484280.html

2012 SFP about 1.5 hours up I-75 from you. He's asking $37,500 so you can probably negotiate some. I've seen the car in person and it is immaculate. 43k miles and under warranty until 3/5/17.
Ew, cream interior.
Old 11-13-15, 07:18 AM
sethISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
The cpo warranty does not transfer to new buyer . The only warranty you will have is the power train . Mrd916 and Rsximus also had cpo cars that where cpo and Lexus told them it does not tranfer. Also it has the 2010 2011 year wheels on instead of the 2012 wheels . Good luck be patient lots of good deals out there now look nationwide and private party sales.
I was not aware that the warranty does not transfer. That's a big let down. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-13-15, 07:27 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

no offense. I wouldn't buy from any company where when they takes pics there is dirt on the floor mats, left over water from a recent wash, marks on door panels and seats that look like they haven't been cleaned.

Just my opinion. Looks like they didn't take the time to clean. I wonder what else they didn't take the time to do.

I would say no. Like everyone will tell you on the forum that I have learned. Wait for the right one. You will be happy that you waited. No one rushes into and F.
Old 11-13-15, 07:33 AM
parasitius
Driver School Candidate

...5 owner. In that little of miles? Is it likely?

My car was a 5 owner, and just from the photos alone on the dealer website I didn't believe it possible for a second. The dealer told me they expected it probably meant something like: guy buys car with his company, transfers to personal name, transfers title to next state over when he moves, etc. At max I think my car had 2 owners.
Old 11-13-15, 10:07 AM
vglBay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by parasitius
...5 owner. In that little of miles? Is it likely?

My car was a 5 owner, and just from the photos alone on the dealer website I didn't believe it possible for a second. The dealer told me they expected it probably meant something like: guy buys car with his company, transfers to personal name, transfers title to next state over when he moves, etc. At max I think my car had 2 owners.
I agree with you, I doubt this car is actually a 5 owner car, if you look at the history...the "2nd owner" had the vehicle only 2 days...often car fax will duplicate owners if titles are transferred. I might pass on this one, the main thing that attracted me to this listing is the low miles.
Old 11-13-15, 10:25 AM
vglBay
Driver School Candidate

These are the pictures that were sent to me via salesman.
Old 11-13-15, 05:59 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

http://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.club...d97fa7a03d.jpg

Big Scratch...bottom bumper.
Old 11-13-15, 06:13 PM
vglBay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
I noticed that as well. Another deal breaker for me.
Old 11-19-15, 08:29 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vglBay
I noticed that as well. Another deal breaker for me.
Did you pass on this car?
Old 11-19-15, 09:21 PM
myspec15
Driver

I wouldn't waste my time on this
Old 11-20-15, 08:32 AM
spdfreak91
Driver School Candidate

I looked into this car as well and found it had the front driver side strut replaced twice already. There was something about an alignment needing to be checked because the owner bumped into a curb (possibly explaining the scratch on the front bumper). It was also on its third set of tires by 30k miles. I know these have had inner tire wear problems, but that still seems excessive.

Quick Reply: Recommendations on Purchasing a 08 SFP ISF