IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2012 LED Headlights Installation Help

Old 02-09-13, 12:19 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2012 LED Headlights Installation Help

Hello Everyone,

i have swapped out my 2008 Headlights for 2012 LED ones. However, the LED strip is not coming on

i followed the below thread and grounded that green wire as shown, and ran the red wire to the ig2 fuse box on the drivers side and nothing. i also tested it from the battery and nothing as well.

any advise? Pls help.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tallation.html

Name:  IMG_2235_zpsca7bccff.jpg
Views: 3376
Size:  83.0 KB
Name:  IMG_2236_zps1b7bbf3d.jpg
Views: 3357
Size:  78.2 KB
Old 02-09-13, 12:20 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

btw.. this is because i am doing the 100% brightness... and they were already removed from the harness by the seller.
Old 02-09-13, 12:23 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-strip-14.html

This thread is a good one. Just read through it and you will find your mistake. Fastx and I used it to do my 2012 headlights like a week ago. Good Luck
Old 02-09-13, 12:36 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Thanks, so to understand... because i dont know what spot the green wire that was pulled from the harness goes into...

the RED wire that i am showing on the above pic taps into the White with black stripes?

while the green one can be left grounded as shown? or does it need to go inside the harness?
The following users liked this post:
PAVGR (11-12-21)
Old 02-09-13, 12:54 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

I did not do the wiring. I put that in the hands of Fastx he has much more experience wiring stuff than I do.
Old 02-09-13, 01:36 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

the green wire is the 100 percent brightness. you want to wire that to something that has power when the headlights are turned on.
Old 02-09-13, 02:07 PM
fasttexasz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
Thanks, so to understand... because i dont know what spot the green wire that was pulled from the harness goes into...

the RED wire that i am showing on the above pic taps into the White with black stripes?

while the green one can be left grounded as shown? or does it need to go inside the harness?
If you want it to work with the park light switch follow the link ZAPA posted but I can tell you right now that the red is to be spliced with the blk/white wire in your picture. The link will show you pretty detailed photos of where the wires are supposed to be in the harness. Just be patient and take your time. It only takes a few minutes to get it done once you read and re read the post. there is some confusing responses int the post but I have done 3 different cars I done them all the same way. Some will say you dont have to splice and you just have to repin but I can assure you this will not work. I think it is on page 14 of the posting that explains it really well. ***Update its actually on this page and it will let you see how the wires need to go in the harness so you will not have to have a wire going to a ground it will ground in the harness.***

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...d-strip-4.html

Good luck

Last edited by fasttexasz; 02-09-13 at 02:12 PM. Reason: update
Old 02-09-13, 02:10 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^ listen to this man. He knows what he is talking about.
Old 02-09-13, 02:40 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by fasttexasz
If you want it to work with the park light switch follow the link ZAPA posted but I can tell you right now that the red is to be spliced with the blk/white wire in your picture. The link will show you pretty detailed photos of where the wires are supposed to be in the harness. Just be patient and take your time. It only takes a few minutes to get it done once you read and re read the post. there is some confusing responses int the post but I have done 3 different cars I done them all the same way. Some will say you dont have to splice and you just have to repin but I can assure you this will not work. I think it is on page 14 of the posting that explains it really well. ***Update its actually on this page and it will let you see how the wires need to go in the harness so you will not have to have a wire going to a ground it will ground in the harness.***

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...d-strip-4.html

Good luck
your way works as well but i didn't splice. just repinned for the ISF . not sure if it's diff on other IS models. so you can do either way if you have the ISF.
Old 02-09-13, 03:08 PM
fasttexasz
Driver

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
your way works as well but i didn't splice. just repinned for the ISF . not sure if it's diff on other IS models. so you can do either way if you have the ISF.
I have done it this way on my F and 2 others it may just be with the 08's, I know joez had the same issue and he has a 08 as well.
Old 02-09-13, 03:13 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

I have done it this way on my F and 2 others it may just be with the 08's, I know joez had the same issue and he has a 08 as well.
thanks guys.. they finally work!!!!

However,did you guys have to trim the headlight bracket? because i didn't... and i did not have any issues mounting the bumper.

I think the is-f headlight brackets are different than the isx50. Maybe thats why i didn't have to trim.
Old 02-09-13, 03:15 PM
fasttexasz
Driver

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
thanks guys.. they finally work!!!!

However,did you guys have to trim the headlight bracket? because i didn't... and i did not have any issues mounting the bumper.

I think the is-f headlight brackets are different than the isx50. Maybe thats why i didn't have to trim.
Yup tose have to be trimmed I had the 12 ones for my car but Zapa trimmed his.
Old 02-09-13, 03:17 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

post pics bro, i bet they look great! i love them.
Old 02-09-13, 03:39 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Yup tose have to be trimmed I had the 12 ones for my car but Zapa trimmed his.
weird... i didnt have to trim.. i'll post pics so you guys can see...

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
post pics bro, i bet they look great! i love them.
they sure do! i'll get pics shortly...
Old 02-09-13, 04:50 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Hey Guys,

Here are some pics... Bumper was test fitted before i installed screws/mounting hardware. As you can see the headlight brackets were not modified at all. Although i was only able to mount them with 2 screws.... pls dont mind the shrink wrap lol it was very windy and i have a cf hood (very light) & didnt want to risk falling in my head like it happened before .

Headlights are on @ 100% brightness, ill get night pics later on...

Name:  IMG_2221_zpsae93fa32.jpg
Views: 2985
Size:  110.8 KB
Name:  IMG_2222_zps123c44a5.jpg
Views: 3391
Size:  107.0 KB
Name:  IMG_2223_zpsaae1cec1.jpg
Views: 2926
Size:  96.6 KB
Name:  IMG_2225_zps150ea617.jpg
Views: 2999
Size:  100.6 KB