IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Stock Rear sway bar vs. F-Sport Rear Sway bar pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-12, 09:23 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Stock Rear sway bar vs. F-Sport Rear Sway bar pics

I am posting this mainly because I was corrected by more knowledgeable CL members in reference to the thickness of the stock ISF rear sway bar vs. the F-Sport rear sway bar.
It actually made me go out and buy one..(thanks Sewell and CL for the discount!)

I installed myself today and figured I'd take pics to show the difference in size for those wondering.
Fairly easy install (if you are mechanically inclined and have the tools)

Plus on a side note I LOVE THE COLORS with the RED Swift springs and the Blue F-Sport rear sway bar.... so sad its all underneath the car forno one to see...looks nice tho!

BTW: I decided to just buy new end links and install that way...from what I read on the threads it save a bunch of time...and I mist say ...it did, they are a bit over $60 from sewell. just loosen the bolt holding the strut to the lower control arm and then loosen the end link bolt and the slip right out of the control are...quick and easy. instead of fighting for the right angle to get enough torque to loosen the end link nut while holding the hex in place..after spraying it with of bunch of bolt loosen sprays ....PIA...figured my time is worth the purchase...just my 2 cents.
Attached Thumbnails Stock Rear sway bar vs. F-Sport Rear Sway bar pics-120721_005.jpg   Stock Rear sway bar vs. F-Sport Rear Sway bar pics-120721_006.jpg   Stock Rear sway bar vs. F-Sport Rear Sway bar pics-120721_001.jpg   Stock Rear sway bar vs. F-Sport Rear Sway bar pics-120721_009.jpg   Stock Rear sway bar vs. F-Sport Rear Sway bar pics-120721_007.jpg  

Last edited by NYC ES3; 07-21-12 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-21-12, 10:33 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing and nice pictures. You can actually see the 2mm difference in size.
Old 07-21-12, 11:07 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
What is the diameter of the stock ISF REAR sway bar vs the F-sport Rear sway bar?

maybe its me but I dont see Lexus making any F-sport part that will out perform any part on the True F cars. F-Sport parts on your ISF --I seriously doubt any real difference is made other than in your mind.
Numbers dont lie and without them - Im sorry-- change is all mental
Glad you saw the light and changed your mind

Lou
Old 07-22-12, 12:13 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Glad you saw the light and changed your mind

Lou

WOW...dude really??? you had to do it huh....LOL

I am 100% real and man enough to know when I've made a mistake and admit it...even if it is just online...
I will say this though- I drove it today pretty hard...difference is felt but not night and day...
worth the money for the mod...I would say yes
being that its inexpensive
Old 07-22-12, 05:52 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

since i have an 08 do you feel more bumps with it?
I think I remember lou saying you did in another thread
or is it only handling you feel?
Old 07-22-12, 06:09 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for adding your experience to CL. I'm in the market for one too.
Old 07-22-12, 06:54 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by hahahaf
since i have an 08 do you feel more bumps with it?
I think I remember lou saying you did in another thread
or is it only handling you feel?
The ride is a hair bit stiffer, but really not very noticeable. What it does is make a very good handling car better and more neutral. Again, IMHO, really worth doing.

Lou
Old 07-22-12, 06:58 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm happy to see that Lexus has some DIYers. Good job man. Do you have any side shots of your car? I'm wondering how swift springs look on the IS F...also how do you like the ride quality compared to stock?
Old 07-22-12, 04:32 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Just F Me
I'm happy to see that Lexus has some DIYers. Good job man. Do you have any side shots of your car? I'm wondering how swift springs look on the IS F...also how do you like the ride quality compared to stock?
Yeah thus far all mods installed by me- -dont trust anyone else -lol and if something gets messed up - I only got me to be angry at....
Well ride compared to stock I'll say I need to test more to give my 2 cents...lip has left me with like 3.5" of ground clearance...LOL....I LOVE IT but I have gotta make it a "show peice" (on at a show , off during regular driving) so I'll get back to you with my opinion (for what its worth)...
The sway bar is def worth the investment...its an inexpensive mod and is thicker than stock so why not?!?! (and the blue looks killer under the car, if u look down there)

Swift - is just the look I was going for...here is a pic...with a set of 20" D2's
Attached Thumbnails Stock Rear sway bar vs. F-Sport Rear Sway bar pics-swift-drop-7-2012.jpg  
Old 07-23-12, 06:10 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Nice shot! USB all the way!
Old 07-31-12, 01:47 PM
ashutoshvs
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey,
How much can you expect to get it installed for? I bought one yesterday and want to have it installed. Do not want to go under the car and get into the hassle of buying all the tools. How many hours of labor?
Ash
Old 08-01-12, 03:38 AM
psixtc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend's shop quoted me 1.1 hours for install based on their labor data system, but it only took them 30 mins to actually do it. I have a partial sponsorship through my friends shop so I can't give you a realistic install price (I paid $40)
Old 02-26-13, 06:42 PM
MadCleaner
Driver School Candidate

Anyone who ever track their car can say it helped in the lap time at all? I see that a lot of people say it handles better. I just want to see if there is any date (proof) to back this up. Thank you.
Old 03-30-13, 07:04 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MadCleaner
Anyone who ever track their car can say it helped in the lap time at all? I see that a lot of people say it handles better. I just want to see if there is any date (proof) to back this up. Thank you.
im also would love to hear from any one about better lap times.
Old 03-31-13, 09:42 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MadCleaner
At least for me, it's mainly a different feel on turn-in (good feel being subjective, similar to heavier electronic assist in later years). I wouldn't look towards the rear sway, in itself, as an immediate solution for better lap times.

Quick Reply: Stock Rear sway bar vs. F-Sport Rear Sway bar pics